Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Juan Pablo was texting ....... at Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Juan Pablo was texting ....... at Daytona

How the hell do you NOT see a yellow safety vehicle covered with flashing stropes that is making as much noise as a Jet engine ?

Maybe it is because the "bone head" (Juan Pablo )was texting to his fans while putting around under the caution flag !

That's the rumor !

If that is the case, I hope they fine the **** out of him and put him on probation !
Old 02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by The Baron
How the hell do you NOT see a yellow safety vehicle covered with flashing stropes that is making as much noise as a Jet engine ?

Maybe it is because the "bone head" (Juan Pablo )was texting to his fans while putting around under the caution flag !

That's the rumor !

If that is the case, I hope they fine the **** out of him and put him on probation !
Maybe you missed the obvious things about it, like the rear end breaking on his car? Did you not see the sparks? Did you miss the spin out? Or, let me guess, you didn't see the race.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:41 PM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

It's dry humor Sean !

I'm making fun of Nascar !

Sorry it went over your head !
Old 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Typical! I watched the 500 briefly (for a couple of minutes) and looking at it, it is clear that NASCAR is a track/oval version of freeway driving. Two lanes tightly packed, side-by-side, at the same speed. Same thing as freeway driving, therefore no surprise to hear that boneheads are texting behind the wheel.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that explains it, thanks Baron for the clarification.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is amazing though. My wife and I were stopped at a light and looking around realized that for how close all of us were sitting at the light the NASCAR guys are closer and going 193mph. Love it or hate it they are skilled.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm making fun of Nascar!
Originally Posted by ADias
it is clear that NASCAR is a track/oval version of freeway driving. Two lanes tightly packed, side-by-side, at the same speed. Same thing as freeway driving
I am not a fan of NASCAR but I watched the Daytona 500 yesterday. It might not be our cup of tea but these guys (plus Danica!) must have huge cojones to go at 175+ mph so bunched up together! My hat off to them!

Saludos, z356
Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Texting While driving is so dangerous...
But I will get Bluetooth head phones and microphones in my next helmet!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
Love it or hate it they are skilled.
Never quite understood the questioning of these drivers... They grow up in America and that's what they drive -- Stock Cars. The top drivers would/can drive anything fast and if the very best of these guys were born in Europe, I believe would be driving in any of the top level racing series over there. Montoya's performance in NASCAR only reinforces my belief as he sure as heck has not been what I consider a dominant force in NASCAR.

Make fun all you want -- it was the former F1 driver with some 20 or 30 podium finishes, CART Championship, Indy 500 win and 24 Hours of Daytona victory that ran into the Jet Dryer and not some guy who sounds like he has marbles in his mouth and out drives JPM weekly.

Shake and Bake!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Typical! I watched the 500 briefly (for a couple of minutes) and looking at it, it is clear that NASCAR is a track/oval version of freeway driving. Two lanes tightly packed, side-by-side, at the same speed. Same thing as freeway driving, therefore no surprise to hear that boneheads are texting behind the wheel.
anyone who's ever driven the cars know that NASCAR cars are no joke. They are VERY twitchy coming out of the corners and you have to keep your car just on the cusp of oversteer whilst staying inches away from cars in front, to the side of, and behind you. Oh, and the car is insanely staggered so good luck trying to correct a slide in a linear fashion.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
lopro
Banned

lol this is jokes. FIRE/ BURN

pablo is he a pro or? Was this his first time?
I looked everywhere for a good video , does anyone else have a better vid?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lopro
pablo is he a pro or?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Pablo_Montoya
Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

That's the rumor !

Was it Juan that was texting?

Cause it appears Brad was Tweeting from his car

And it appears NASCAR gonna let him go...

Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 PM
lopro
Banned

Im not much on the nascar thing, I dont really know one guy from the other but who was that I saw pulling another drivers hair?

I knew pablo is a pro just was wondering how he was able to run into a truck on track. They were saying something broke on the car? Wow crazy daytona

I guess tweeting during a nascar race is one way of gaining over 100,000 followers
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I am not a fan of NASCAR but I watched the Daytona 500 yesterday. It might not be our cup of tea but these guys (plus Danica!) must have huge cojones to go at 175+ mph so bunched up together! My hat off to them!

Saludos, z356
Of course they are skilled, drafting, high-G loads, et al. But what's the point? IMO, NASCAR is popular because the fans project in it their freeway driving. And often the same fans think they are NASCAR drivers when tailgate drive on the freeway.

Quick Reply: Juan Pablo was texting ....... at Daytona