Craig @ Rennstore owes me $819 or a set of brake pads - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Craig @ Rennstore owes me $819 or a set of brake pads - RESOLVED

Its never good when you're forced to write up something like this, but I am out of ideas.

Last year, I contacted Craig @ Rennstore as he had advertized that he had Pagid 29's for our GT3's. After a few back and forths, on December 4th I made a PayPal payment for $819 (pads + $40 shipping)

Now, to be clear, before sending any money, I asked two key questions:

1) In stock?
2) Ship international?

Answers came back as Yes and Yes. So, I ruled out manufacturer delays and figured shipping should be the usual 8-10 days.

Then it just went downhill.

I couldn't get any meaningful responses to any emails. First I asked for confirmation of funds receipt, and for my USPS tracking number. Never happened.

Then the excuses started: its Christmas, post office is overwhelmed, will be a long shipment.

Then I just got ignored - haven't received a response to anything I've sent in the past weeks.

Today, it is January 31st, and I have no brake pads. I have tried to dispute my PayPal payment, but its past the 45 days allowed so I can't dispute anymore.

I really have no idea what happened here.

Were the pads ever sent? Maybe, maybe not. But I really can't imagine a supplier who claims to ship international who can't produce a simple tracking number on a shipment. And, if for whatever reason they were sent in completely untraceable mail, well, this is not my problem - don't claim to ship international if you don't know how. I've dealt with plenty of vendors on Rennlist who are perfectly capable of managing their shipping. Resorting to blaming USPS, and then simply ignoring me is pretty juvenile.

Its really too bad because what seemed like an enthusiastic and competent vendor turned out to be anything but, and I've been left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Craig, please make this right. Return my money, or send me what I paid for.

Last edited by 911SLOW; 02-19-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: title changed
Old 01-31-2012, 08:23 AM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope it gets resolved soon..
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurbine
Hope it gets resolved soon..
+1 Also, please let us know how this resolved. I think it is important for the community.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Been there done that with rennstore...got into a real back and forth pissing match with Craig...I had to get Bob R. the forum moderator involved....I believe my thread a few years ago is still up...sorry your having a problem with him too. I wish rennlist.com would come down on their advertising vendors that are not truthful with the membership.

I've since bought my pads from Clark at Apex Performance or Mark at OG Racing....never ever an issue....if they do not have them in stock they tell me and they get the pads shipped to me from Pagid direct...but they let me know of the slight delay which I can deal with and am grateful for the honesty.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:39 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

See, I tried involving 911Slow. He was really supportive and tried to help. Still nothing.

If you could give me Clark's details (@ Apex) or Mark (@ OG) I would be grateful. I am still short a set of brake pads!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another source of Pagid pads is Jeff at Pacific Western Performance...he has always been a great supplier.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Another RLer here has had the same issues with Craig although he did eventually get the brake pads. Maybe Craig has other issues/things going on? Anyways, you should get your money back.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Another RLer here has had the same issues with Craig although he did eventually get the brake pads. Maybe Craig has other issues/things going on? Anyways, you should get your money back.
Well, on Friday it will be 2 months to the day that I ordered my "in stock, HURRY, while they are still here!" brake pads. 2 weeks ago I sent Craig an email stating that at the end of the month (today) I would be posting my experience. See, I even gave him a couple of weeks back then to make it right.

Know what he did?

Nothing. Didn't hear from him. When in doubt, Ignore.

Not like he's not online though - I would casually check his profile from time to time and would see "Last Online" would be usually the same day or the day before.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM
drdrank
Racer

Mark at OG Racing has been very helpful. Also a cool guy to chat with at the track: mark@ogracing.com, Carrera51 on RL, 1-800-934-9112.

I know others have had a great relationship with Clark at Apex too.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Another source of Pagid pads is Jeff at Pacific Western Performance...he has always been a great supplier.
+1 on Jeff at Pac West Perf!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 AM
tripleblack
Racer

Hopefully you get the situation resolved. I ordered a set from him last Nov after confirming twice they were in stock and would be delivered within a week.

Instead of one set as ordered, two sets were delivered - a week late.

He blamed the shipping company but was never able to produce a tracking number. I was charged for both and he had the audacity to suggest I was at fault. After providing the digital trail of phone calls and emails (twice) I received no further response.

The Rennstore pads were shipped from a well known shop in CA. I sent both sets back to the shipper and filed a dispute with the credit card company for a refund.

Craig has yet to acknowledge the return or offer an apology.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:20 AM
tripleblack
Racer

+1 for OG Racing. +1 for Jeff at Pac West Perf.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:09 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had great experience with Craig on multiple purchases, including pads for my PepperTT, Coxster, 07 Aero Beetle and 04 Aero Beetle.

Hopefully, the issues get resolved.

International shipping can be a hassle in some countries, I once shipped a muffler to South America, it cleared custom and it never made it to the destination. Local government confiscated the muffler due to a regulation that forbids imports on muffler parts. Silly, as the muffler was for a BMW M3 and BMW didn't have manufacturing or operations at all in that country.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I have had great experience with Craig on multiple purchases, including pads for my PepperTT, Coxster, 07 Aero Beetle and 04 Aero Beetle.

Hopefully, the issues get resolved.

International shipping can be a hassle in some countries, I once shipped a muffler to South America, it cleared custom and it never made it to the destination. Local government confiscated the muffler due to a regulation that forbids imports on muffler parts. Silly, as the muffler was for a BMW M3 and BMW didn't have manufacturing or operations at all in that country.
This is not my first purchase to where I am, nor is it the first time I get Pagid brake pads from abroad.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:58 AM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a similar experience - minor mistake (on MY part) but the tone of Craig was very demeaning and unsympathetic. Honestly, it was as if he was doing ME a favor by giving me his business.

Never again with Rennstore. There are far too many other legitimate vendors (OG Racing, Pac West Performance, Apex) to order the brake pads from.

BerryS

Originally Posted by tripleblack
He blamed the shipping company but was never able to produce a tracking number. I was charged for both and he had the audacity to suggest I was at fault. After providing the digital trail of phone calls and emails (twice) I received no further response.

Quick Reply: Craig @ Rennstore owes me $819 or a set of brake pads - RESOLVED