Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Craig @ Rennstore owes me $819 or a set of brake pads - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:19 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I deal with international shipments in a daily basis, most of the times to south america, really really stressful and we have no control of customs. really frustrating. Most of the times customers don't want to pay full duty and if you send a lower invoice, you have no right to the right insurance. Rarely a package is lost, but when it does, the customer freaks out, or if get stuck in customs same thing.
I've been in both sides, and all I can say that's no way to make everybody happy, and sometimes things get out of hand.
As a vendor no matter what this kind of thing hurt your business.
Not taking sides by any means, just expressing my impressions.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
"FWIW, we've shipped thousands of packages all over the world in the past 10 years and if by postal air mail, only two countries have seemed to frequently present problems with delivery and "lost" packages, South Africa and the Dubai/UAE. Every where else has very rarely been a problem. The problems have become so bad there we have to inform the recipient that there likely may be an issue with receipt, if by the postal delivery system in their country and they acknowledge it. In fact they recommend and will pay extra for delivery by UPS as they will be the reliable carrier, even over FedEx. "

That is exactly the case here. They seem to have located it - Bashar, I sent a PM indicating this - and am working to expedite this ASAP. Every person in business and every customer does not like situations like this, and everyone works hard to prevent things such as this. Certainly isn't to anyone's benefit.

USPS ispector tells us that stolen packages in Dubai/UAE are so prevalent that they use a central office as a pickup point to deliver packages....because everything gets stolen from the final addressee.

This will be made good. If I don't get a good result from USPS I will mail out a new set. In fact, I just did.

Done.

Craig,

Do me a favor

Post the tracking number of the new set you sent. I need it too. This discussion is now public domain - I want to resolve it publicly. I have no issue with anyone on this forum tracking my shipment. If you have sent the pads, then the USPS web portal will serve as an independent gauge of how this whole thing was resolved.

Then there will be no argument whatsoever - if I receive my pads, I will dutifully come on this page and commend you for a job well done.

B
Old 02-01-2012, 01:10 AM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

customs # is not a tracking #. a usps customs # only allows you to see when it enters the country....not like true tracking from location to location showing delivery was made. i hate to use usps international, but its the cheapest.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:12 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

To all who have posted in reply

Were this a customs or shipping issue, I would not have escalated to this forum. The issue is that I was never given a customs number and/or tracking number, and prior to this post could not get any meaningful response from the vendor.

So its not like I could even try to blame the local post office. Just to re-affirm; I ordered other parts from other vendors after my order with Rennstore and received them, via USPS. I watched and tracked these orders online on their "Track & Confirm" site. Eventually they'd arrive in country, I'd call the hotline, and they would confirm that the package would be at the post office. Then I'd hop in my car, drive to the post office, give them the customs number, pay my duty, pick up my shipment and go back to the office.

So, no - not quite asking for the Amazon experience, but at the same time asking for some sort of positive experience. And since tracking numbers are now basic practice, thats not too much to ask either.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:14 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mepps
customs # is not a tracking #. a usps customs # only allows you to see when it enters the country....not like true tracking from location to location showing delivery was made. i hate to use usps international, but its the cheapest.
USPS has "true tracking". Used it plenty of times. Not as slick as FedEx or whatever, but pretty good.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:33 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

bmardini, man I feel your pain...had so called shipping issues with this guy and I live in the USA...had to post it on rennlist to get it fixed...best of luck.

What gets me the most is this is not a new issue for rennstore, many have had simular issues, hey I know sh*t happens but it's how the vendor accepts the problem and fixes it.....but yet rennlist lets rennstore keep on advertising on these forums.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:43 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I have felt with both craig at rennstore and apex performance and had no problems.

Sorry to hear of your issue.

Good luck, getting it resolved.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:49 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,667 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Well we did have a snowstorm in Seattle and the city shuts down when we get snow that sticks - that is not bs

My office was closed for 4 days
dont you sell forklifters?
can't they be used as snow plow
Old 02-01-2012, 02:22 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
dont you sell forklifters?
can't they be used as snow plow
Only if people can get to the forklifts :-)
I was at work all 4 days - remote start my truck so the seats are heated when I get in, turn on steering wheel heater, and practice my car control in an 8000 lb truck :-)

I enjoy snow driving
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Rushman71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Mardini -

Glad a Rennlister called & alerted to this post ... knowing full well how these things always get blown out of proportion and take on a life of their own...

Facts:

1) I told you when you ordered - in an e-mail - that there were significant delays to the UAE area. I let you know what to more than likely expect.

2) I sent you the tracking number (customs number actually)

3) I heard NOTHING from you even though I asked you to let me know what you see with regards to arrival.

4) I took the initiative *and e-mailed you a few weeks back* to ASK if they had arrived...and now this. You DID NOT contact ME and instead e-mailed a Rennlist moderator. Hmm.

5) You have had the parts, in transit, for quite some time.
Luckily I checked the box that if undeliverable they are to be sent back

6) So what to do? Well I have the USPS tracing this and tracking it down for you. Today they said it would likely be located and they added that packages to UAE are often undeliverable and get sent back. That isn't good.

These internet bashings serve little purpose - in fact, out of the thousands of transactions I see that EVERY negative one has shown up here. Every one. It seems this is how it goes, even though a vast majority are from issues outside of normal control - ESPECIALLY when shipping overseas/out of the United States. I work my butt off getting things correct as much as humanly possible.

Everyone in every work situation (and 99% of us here on Rennlist do work) have experiences that they themselves have been a part of and I find it kind of tacky that you choose to make it such a big deal...refer to the above steps I have taken. Transactions are not just a one way street, especially the complex ones where expensive parts go to places far, far away -- and certainly when I have, beforehand, worked with you and given proper and more than adequate warning of delays....which certainly has happened here. Working on this, apologies for things which happened.
Some impartial advice here for you. Your response here sounds overly defensive. What's the Shakespeare line, "thou dost protest too much"? A smart business person would have simply been apologetic and then made things right. Until reading your response, I didn't think much of the original complaint. It was just one side of the story and we know how that goes. But after reading it, I 100% believe the person making the complaint and I certainly wouldn't be inclined to order anything from you so if you think you did yourself any favors here, you haven't.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 AM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Craig, my advice would be to ship overseas with the most reliable carrier (UPS is one of them in my experience) and charge whatever you have to incur for shipping and handling to your overseas customers.

Countries with corrupt mailing and custom systems should not be a reason to tarnish your business. Shipping is not a service you are in charge to provide, but your business relies on it, so work with the best.

People these days want the amazon shopping experience, a cart, a paypal or cc payment, email updates and a tracking number.

Personally, I don't follow the "customer is always right motto" because there are some special types of customers that I won't do business with at all, unworthy.

Hopefully, this gets resolved and both ends be satisfied with the resolution.
I couldent agree more , when relying on someone else to complete the delivery/transaction of your product , always choose the best.

I have never had issues with any of the shipping companies but i always ask the vendor to ship it via UPS or FEDEX for large shipments just to be on the safe side.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:03 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TTurbine
I couldent agree more , when relying on someone else to complete the delivery/transaction of your product , always choose the best.

I have never had issues with any of the shipping companies but i always ask the vendor to ship it via UPS or FEDEX for large shipments just to be on the safe side.
Yep, agree too. The transaction is not complete until the customer has received. Your product can be amazing but if you can't get it out there reliably then it doesn't matter.

Usually, for larger items - especially fragile ones - FedEx/UPS are the way to go. Smaller items can go via EMS or USPS. I had a headache with one of the big EU based vendors who would primarily wholesale to dealers and race shops; so when they sent me my shipment it was sent via Air Cargo, which is truly a pain to deal with, had to spend half a day at the airport free zone
Old 02-01-2012, 07:26 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Gonna chime in because I think Craig is a good vendor...seems like alot of members have had good experiences with him. I personally will never use this forum to settle an issue with a vendor.

I do hope you issue gets resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
I personally will never use this forum to settle an issue with a vendor.
When you buy something from a store and there is a problem, you go back to that store to sort out the issue. Sometimes other customers will be around and will overhear your discussion /complaint... This is no different. Vendors choose to advertise here making this their store and therefore if there is a problem that isn't addressed behind the scenes, then customers are entitled to make a public complaint. Just because a transaction happens behind a screen without face to face contact, it doesn't mean the parties have any less responsibility towards one another!

I too outed a vendor who was conducting himself in a less than scrupulous manner behind the scenes. Once it came out in the open, it turned out that a number of fellow members had suffered the same fate. Had I not spoken out, who knows how many more people would have been burnt! By the same token, had others before me spoken out, then I wouldn't have made the same mistake.

The net is not a face to face interaction where you can make a judgement call on the person you are purchasing from so we need to rely on the openess of fellow members to praise those vendors who do right and out those who don't.

Ps. This is my general opinion and in no way reflects my view on this particular situation. I hope both parties resolve it to mutual satisfaction but will say that the vendor should have done more to ensure his reputation isn't tarnished by a 3rd party courier's incompitence... It just required some acceptance of responsibility, communication and the kind of action that is now taking place.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

I see your point...still not going to use this forum to OUT vendors. For me, this site is about a pleasent exchange of pictures/stories/information for Porsche enthusiasts.

To each his own...

Quick Reply: Craig @ Rennstore owes me $819 or a set of brake pads - RESOLVED