Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My RS was stolen this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Tuscany964
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to read this. Beautiful cars the both of them. May those crooks die a horrible and painful death...
Old 01-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 221 Likes on 110 Posts

Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maz,
This makes me absolutely sick. I was hoping that you still had the GT3 RS in March. I was going to make contact with you and purchase the car. Yours was the only one that I was interested in. I just told my wife and she was completely shocked and disappointed. Thanks for your pms on the car, and I apologize that I couldn't purchase the car earlier (for both of us).

Hope everything works out for you.

Mark
Old 01-06-2012, 12:32 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of this, both are wonderful looking cars! I hate thieves....
Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 AM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't explain how much this sucks. Its just kind of settled in. I know they're only cars, but its just such a pain in the ***. Insurance is already proving to be a nightmare, and I wish I had been more savvy about stated values, etc.

Just had extensive alarm work done today, and we tightened up the security like crazy. We shouldn't have to do this, but we won't be having visitors anytime soon. Someone clearly scoped out the building inside and out, cars, etc. It was totally setup.

I can't recommend more, watch your security situation, and get your insurance in line. I'm probably about to take a huge hit because I hadn't done so. On top of losing my cars, this is going to cost a lot. Kind of makes you lose faith in your judgement of personalities. It was clearly someone with access to us.

To make matters worse, its pretty clear the police don't care a bit. My cars are probably in pieces or out of the country, so they're gone.

However, the ability to move cars overseas, and sell illegal and rare parts is does not belong to the common car thief. Someone with experience and connections to countries where they don't care about VINs. These guys will go after more cars like mine. So keep yours under lock and key.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:52 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P1CR
Can't explain how much this sucks. Its just kind of settled in. I know they're only cars, but its just such a pain in the ***. Insurance is already proving to be a nightmare, and I wish I had been more savvy about stated values, etc.

Just had extensive alarm work done today, and we tightened up the security like crazy. We shouldn't have to do this, but we won't be having visitors anytime soon. Someone clearly scoped out the building inside and out, cars, etc. It was totally setup.

I can't recommend more, watch your security situation, and get your insurance in line. I'm probably about to take a huge hit because I hadn't done so. On top of losing my cars, this is going to cost a lot. Kind of makes you lose faith in your judgement of personalities. It was clearly someone with access to us.

To make matters worse, its pretty clear the police don't care a bit. My cars are probably in pieces or out of the country, so they're gone.

However, the ability to move cars overseas, and sell illegal and rare parts is does not belong to the common car thief. Someone with experience and connections to countries where they don't care about VINs. These guys will go after more cars like mine. So keep yours under lock and key.
Really feel for you man, and its sucks that all the apprehensions of dealing with this sort of thing seem to be coming true (police indifference, insurance obstinance).

Not really much to be said in terms of any silver linings or whatnot. Hand in there, and hope you manage alright.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:31 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So sorry to hear of this. I hope things work out well in the end.

I too was very interested in your beautiful RS. I was hoping to have my gt3 sold to get your RS.

Again, I wish you the best with some kind of satisfactory outcome.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 AM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I sorry to hear of this... Reminded me of a stolen Phantom in London.. Where the owner saw it driving around London after a few days it has been stolen with Europoean driving plates....
Old 01-08-2012, 05:59 AM
20C4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 198 Likes on 85 Posts

sorry to hear that. really sucks to be in the situation...

not surprised by not much help from the cops, but with the rarity of these cars, how do the scumbags expect to get away with it?!

Quick Reply: My RS was stolen this weekend