Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 06:28 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

John, check out this site too:
http://www.heritagetrim.com/GT3Recaro.htm

I have no affiliation with them, but they are making the inserts for my GT2 seats. They charge ~$400 for the inserts complete with new cushions.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:04 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
John, check out this site too:
http://www.heritagetrim.com/GT3Recaro.htm

I have no affiliation with them, but they are making the inserts for my GT2 seats. They charge ~$400 for the inserts complete with new cushions.
This looks like a top notch outfit. I like that they have all the various colors of alcantara and leather on the website and the fact that they can send you samples of the materials so you can make sure you get the perfect match. The fact that you get the inserts with the foam makes it a very attractive option at $400... Thx..
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Heritage trim is currently making me a set of red alcantara inserts that include new seat cushions for $400. For an extra $250 they are going to put in carbon seat heaters into the inserts. I plan to wire
into the stock seat heater relay that my spyder originally came with. OEM looking heated carbon bucket. I will post when they come in.
Would you mind letting me know how the fit and finish turns out when you receive these? I'm considering going this route also. Thx.

John
Old 01-16-2012, 11:07 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Most definitely will!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
This looks like a top notch outfit. I like that they have all the various colors of alcantara and leather on the website and the fact that they can send you samples of the materials so you can make sure you get the perfect match. The fact that you get the inserts with the foam makes it a very attractive option at $400... Thx..
I agree, this is a great solution
Old 01-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Gert,
You also sell the inserts for the 996 GT3 seats, correct? I think they are quite a bit cheaper at Euro 350 shipped. I have a set of OEM black leather GT3 seats and would like to get inserts made in either leather or Alcantara to match a Graphite Grey interior of a 2002 996 turbo. You wouldn't have any pictures of the grey inserts for those seats by any chance? Am I correct in that the inserts are not an OEM product but the fit and finish is on par with OEM quality?

Thx,
John
Hi John,
We also have these Alcantara inserts for the 996GT3 seats and can supply these in any color of Alcantara or leather.
The fabrication of the 2x 3 inserts for the 997GT2 seats is far more complicated and requires more hand work AND 6 different types of Velcro. This, and the fact that we use automotive Alcantara results in the higher price. Also for this seat we can supply nearly every color and we have found the same color as used in the GT2RS.

Here you go , an example of a 996GT3 seat with light grey inserts.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might also consider Alphatechniko (I think that is the right spelling). Around $300 per set and they will embroider GT3 or whatever on the setback cushions for like $20. Well made product.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terry L
You might also consider Alphatechniko (I think that is the right spelling). Around $300 per set and they will embroider GT3 or whatever on the setback cushions for like $20. Well made product.
Correct spelling is Alpha Tekniko.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gert
Hi John,
We also have these Alcantara inserts for the 996GT3 seats and can supply these in any color of Alcantara or leather.
The fabrication of the 2x 3 inserts for the 997GT2 seats is far more complicated and requires more hand work AND 6 different types of Velcro. This, and the fact that we use automotive Alcantara results in the higher price. Also for this seat we can supply nearly every color and we have found the same color as used in the GT2RS.

Here you go , an example of a 996GT3 seat with light grey inserts.

Thank you Gert. That color combo looks sharp. Just so I fully understand, your inserts are just the covers and I would simply need to remove the 996GT3 covers from the oem foam pads and slip on your alcantara covers.

Thank you.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:00 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Terry L
I probably would have ordered from these guys a long time ago if they would have answered one of my multiple emails over the course of 2 months...
Old 01-16-2012, 11:48 PM
lopro
Banned

those seats look like oem. Perfect. I wish someone would order them and let us all know what it is quality wise.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Most definitely will!
Hey Joe,
Did you get the seat inserts from Heritage yet? Just wondering about the quality and how it turned out. I have left them a message a couple of weeks ago and not heard back yet. Just sent them an email to get samples. It seems odd but no one in the upholstery business seems to answer their phones or return messages. I'd like to spend $400 with them if I ever got a hold of them. I guess business is good...
Old 02-16-2012, 05:01 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Hey Joe,
Did you get the seat inserts from Heritage yet? Just wondering about the quality and how it turned out. I have left them a message a couple of weeks ago and not heard back yet. Just sent them an email to get samples. It seems odd but no one in the upholstery business seems to answer their phones or return messages. I'd like to spend $400 with them if I ever got a hold of them. I guess business is good...
Yeah, I'm not sure why all these businesses are so terrible with getting back to people. Nobody has ever picked up the phone when I tried to call heritage. I will say Gert is pretty good at getting back to people, though.

In regards to my inserts, I can't say because I haven't gotten them back yet. Apparently the covers are done and they are working on the foam cushions. Tony at heritage told me last week that he expects to have everything back to me by the the end of this month. This has been an R&D project for them because they have only done 996 GT3 bucket seats in the past and not the new GT2 buckets.

I promise to post pics and a review as soon as I get them. I will PM you Tony's email. He's pretty good at getting back to me through email.

Joe
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 PM
johnboise3
Intermediate

Rottec seats are crap!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by johnboise3
Rottec seats are crap!
?? Rottec? Who said anything about rottec?

Quick Reply: suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...