Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Woohoo! Just got these pictures from Tony @ Heritage. The inserts are done and were shipped today. Stay tuned...

Old 02-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry L
You might also consider Alphatechniko (I think that is the right spelling). Around $300 per set and they will embroider GT3 or whatever on the setback cushions for like $20. Well made product.
Originally Posted by Terry L
Correct spelling is Alpha Tekniko.
Originally Posted by orthojoe
I probably would have ordered from these guys a long time ago if they would have answered one of my multiple emails over the course of 2 months...

alpha tekniko either used to be called or is the parent of "alpha bedding". they primarily do healthcare applications but the lead exec (owner??) has a GT3 so he offers GT2/3 seat inserts as a side biz.

i know what you mean re: email - the site i found on a thread here - http://www.alphabedding.com/autoseatcovers.html - has an email address but doesnt seem to work. so i called, 847.550.5110, talked to the exec ted @ x161 and he is EXTREMELY knowledgable about the seats, inserts, porsche OEM alcantara grades/colors, etc. FYI, the product is the alcantara cover only, not the padding. quoted me $300 shipped.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,892 Likes on 1,105 Posts

$300 for the covers from Alpha Tekniko is a pretty good deal. I wonder is anyone here has these as I am curious about the fit and finish. I talked to Heritage and they charge $450 for the covers and $225 for the foam inserts for a total of $675. Pretty steep. Curious to see how the fit and finish is on Joe's red ones when he gets them.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 70 Posts

Has anyone checked with Tony Garcia @ Autobahn ??
I've got to believe the "best" Porsche interior guy could do these for less than $3k

wsh
Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,892 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Woohoo! Just got these pictures from Tony @ Heritage. The inserts are done and were shipped today. Stay tuned...

Any updates on these? How was the fit and finish of the material and finished product?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

orthojoe, these look great. honestly I cant wait to see them installed. So nice. Congrats and im glad it worked out for you. Nice to see you got what you ordered/wanted and it came out quality. Im impressed
Old 03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Sorry guys, I haven't updated because I sent the cushions back to have them re-done. The bottom cushion was too thick/firm, and the back cushions weren't sized correctly. Heritage quickly took them back and was embarrassed and apologetic for the error. They have promised to make good and make it perfect. The back cushions have been corrected, but I still haven't received them back because they are now sourcing the bottom foam cushions directly from Porsche. Apparently the bottom cushions are so complex in their contours, that it wasn't worth the effort to make the foam cushions themselves. So, now I need to wait until they come in. It's going to be a few weeks still. This is the price you pay for being the guinea pig, I guess. When I do get them, I'll post pictures installed and a review.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Steve W
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 40 Posts

The covers are velcroed to the cushions. Any reason you couldn't put the new covers over the existing cushions?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Wendy84
8th Gear

If anyone is interested in a used set Cantrell Motorsports has a set from a 1100 mile RS on their website for $5500....
Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Steve W
The covers are velcroed to the cushions. Any reason you couldn't put the new covers over the existing cushions?
You can definitely do that. I wanted the foam
cushions to make it an easy swap in/out.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy84
If anyone is interested in a used set Cantrell Motorsports has a set from a 1100 mile RS on their website for $5500....
I was on their web site under used parts and didnt see any seat listings?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry guys, I haven't updated because I sent the cushions back to have them re-done. The bottom cushion was too thick/firm, and the back cushions weren't sized correctly. Heritage quickly took them back and was embarrassed and apologetic for the error. They have promised to make good and make it perfect. The back cushions have been corrected, but I still haven't received them back because they are now sourcing the bottom foam cushions directly from Porsche. Apparently the bottom cushions are so complex in their contours, that it wasn't worth the effort to make the foam cushions themselves. So, now I need to wait until they come in. It's going to be a few weeks still. This is the price you pay for being the guinea pig, I guess. When I do get them, I'll post pictures installed and a review.
There used to be a place called "house of foam" in Palo Alto (Google Street View shows it as still existing, but I haven't been there in eons) that could copy seat inserts with your choice of foam (thicker, thinner, harder, softer, etc.) and was great for race seats (just impregnate with fire retardant.)
Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
There used to be a place called "house of foam" in Palo Alto (Google Street View shows it as still existing, but I haven't been there in eons) that could copy seat inserts with your choice of foam (thicker, thinner, harder, softer, etc.) and was great for race seats (just impregnate with fire retardant.)
its still there ...
Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Well, after 5 months I finally have my red alcantara inserts. They were worth the wait because they are AWESOME. The alacantara is a perfect color match, and looks/feels great. The inserts are a perfect fit. The foam cushions feel/look perfect (the bottom foam is Porsche OEM).

The pictures show what I've done with the interior:
Rennline pedals, Rennline floor board and track mats, GT2 RS shift ****, RS 4.0 Steering wheel, carbon bucket seats, Heritage Trim red alcantara inserts with carbontech seat heater elements, BK FE mount with halguard FE, Schroth Profi II-6 GT3 harnesses with BK submounts.

I am now perfectly content with the spyder.

Inserts were purchased from Heritage Trim. I was the 'prototype', so it took them a while to get it right, but they got it right in the end. For you guys that are interested, it shouldn't take anywhere near as long as it did for me because now they have all the patterns needed to make these.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:59 AM
lopro
Banned

wow that really came out great. nice look you have going in this car. Love it.
congratulations.

Quick Reply: suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...