Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Well, after 5 months I finally have my red alcantara inserts. They were worth the wait because they are AWESOME. The alacantara is a perfect color match, and looks/feels great. The inserts are a perfect fit. The foam cushions feel/look perfect (the bottom foam is Porsche OEM).

The pictures show what I've done with the interior:
Rennline pedals, Rennline floor board and track mats, GT2 RS shift ****, RS 4.0 Steering wheel, carbon bucket seats, Heritage Trim red alcantara inserts with carbontech seat heater elements, BK FE mount with halguard FE, Schroth Profi II-6 GT3 harnesses with BK submounts.

I am now perfectly content with the spyder.

Inserts were purchased from Heritage Trim. I was the 'prototype', so it took them a while to get it right, but they got it right in the end. For you guys that are interested, it shouldn't take anywhere near as long as it did for me because now they have all the patterns needed to make these.
Very nice. Thanks for posting. Is it still $400 per side with them using OEM cushions?
Do you know if they could make a thinner cushion? The only thing I don't like about my sport buckets is that it feels like I'm sitting on top of them instead of down in them.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
Very nice. Thanks for posting. Is it still $400 per side with them using OEM cushions?
Do you know if they could make a thinner cushion? The only thing I don't like about my sport buckets is that it feels like I'm sitting on top of them instead of down in them.
Price has increased. The cushions/covers were a bigger job than initially anticipated. Apparently the GT2 buckets are more complex than the older 996 GT3 buckets. I would talk to Tony @ Heritage to find out his new pricing.

I doubt they would make a thinner cushion since they initially attempted to make their own and it turned out to be a bear since the bottom cushions are very complex in terms of their shape. This is why they switched to just sourcing the OEM cushions for the bottom
Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 PM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Time for a group buy?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm in.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:22 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
Just talked to Tony there and the price has gone up. The 996 GT3 alcantara cushions are $450 for the covers and $220 for the foam insert, plus $27.75 for shipping for a grand total of $697.75. Tony initially indicated that they don't do the cushions any more but he would in my case. I suspect the 997 stuff will be pricier as he said they lost money on Orthojoes project but did it in order to get the templates for the covers.

Quick Reply: suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...