Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
what is the fascination with alcantara?
they wear quick
and smell bad
I know you want to get as much track time as possible but you are suppose to stop at least long enough for to ****.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:40 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daedton
Yes lopro, those are the ones I was referring to for $6k. I'd take those over the alcantara ones all day. Those wheels are the Tech 110's....super light. I have 2 sets. I know not everyone likes them but I do. They've done quite well for me. I bought my dive plains from Suncoast. They are carbon fiber. Very easy to install and they hold on well with the double sided tape....much better than expected.
Seats, If my new car doesnt have them then ill have to splurge for the ones your refuring to forsure.

I think the wheels are great, I hear they are good weight reduction over stock.Do you know what they weigh so i can be surë? Looks good to me..

As for dive plains,
really eh? I didnt know they were CF. I guess (unknown why) I thought they were plastic. When I get them Ill know more, I only ever saw them in pictures. Are yours refinished in Black or is that just the pic lighting? I didnt know they were avalible in black or carbon, damn i think mine are silver I didnt see any options for another colour.

Originally Posted by roberga
I know you want to get as much track time as possible but you are suppose to stop at least long enough for to ****.
Hah pisy seats would be terrible. I guess thats why they offer 3k replacement center sections. never know, when the walls comeing after you, your backwards sliding accross the grass maybe a dribble slips out from time to time.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

I usually don't sweat much or pee in my cars. in friends cars, yes.

but alcantara looks ugly to me. I'll take leather over them
Old 12-31-2011, 09:39 PM
lopro
Banned

cammon your not a fan of the mole skin as clarkson put it when speaking about the volvo that has the same fabric. lol mole skin.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

mole... LMAO.
i have mole in yard. i tried EVERYTHING nothing works. so once day, i shoved a hose into the hole (my house was an ex fire house, so the water pressure is scary, most ppl using my shower think they are going to drown).... so sat there for 2 min, saw this little thing come out. but it's not moving. then i realized it probably blind in day light. i whacked the holy shi*t out of it, mind you, it's in a lot of pieces. got it into a bag and whacked it for 15 min... i think it's pulp by then. then send it to its maker. that's how i like mole skin? oh, it's not a one time encounter. i dot this every weekend when i am not on track. it REALLY helps with stress relieve.

who is clarkson? the moron on TV talking about cars? he reminds of me of mole. but i dont have bags big enough to put him in so i can whack him. i also would need a bigger hammer.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 AM
lopro
Banned

thats the guy. the car test journalist from Top gear. He's a real porsche fan, What a clown. Ill get a bag and hammer an I can help you wack him, Mofia styles. mooty mole hunter styles
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 AM
lopro
Banned

polarporsche mentioned on 6speed that alcantera seat inserts can be had from http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm for a much better deal

$595 euros = $757 USD On the site it says the shipping is included (but im not sure if this is in europe only - I also hear they have a US dealer too)

bit better than the 3k at suncoast.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
lopro
Banned

oem porsche parts

K 997 521 403 01 set cushion pearl velour SEAT CUSHION. $790.47 - Genuine Porsche

K 997 521 403 00 - set black cushion - leather
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

It sounds like the foam cushion is not included in the description of the seat covers on the Carnewal site...but I could be wrong. It says, "The original foam parts are to be swapped over to the new covers."
Old 01-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lopro
polarporsche mentioned on 6speed that alcantera seat inserts can be had from http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm for a much better deal
$595 euros = $757 USD On the site it says the shipping is included.....
The listed price includes the shipping to the US.

Originally Posted by kyrocks
It sounds like the foam cushion is not included in the description of the seat covers on the Carnewal site...but I could be wrong. It says, "The original foam parts are to be swapped over to the new covers."
Correct, the same counts when you purchase the $$$ original seat covers from Porsche. The foam parts are very easy to swap and are Velcrod in place.

This is a GT2 seat with our Alcantara inserts.
These can be made in any leather or Alcantara color, including GT2RS red.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:58 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Heritage trim is currently making me a set of red alcantara inserts that include new seat cushions for $400. For an extra $250 they are going to put in carbon seat heaters into the inserts. I plan to wire
into the stock seat heater relay that my spyder originally came with. OEM looking heated carbon bucket. I will post when they come in.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:12 PM
lopro
Banned

red centers sound nice. My dream seats just got more dreamy. It would be great to have a choice between the grey oneday and swap in red the next...
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Gert

Correct, the same counts when you purchase the $$$ original seat covers from Porsche. The foam parts are very easy to swap and are Velcrod in place.

I'm interested in red...

Group buy discount? Anybody else interested...
Old 01-15-2012, 04:52 PM
lopro
Banned

im in
Old 01-15-2012, 06:20 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Originally Posted by Gert

Hi Gert,
You also sell the inserts for the 996 GT3 seats, correct? I think they are quite a bit cheaper at Euro 350 shipped. I have a set of OEM black leather GT3 seats and would like to get inserts made in either leather or Alcantara to match a Graphite Grey interior of a 2002 996 turbo. You wouldn't have any pictures of the grey inserts for those seats by any chance? Am I correct in that the inserts are not an OEM product but the fit and finish is on par with OEM quality?

Thx,
John

Quick Reply: suncoast has sports bucket w/alacantara inserts ...