Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Ultimate track suspension setup for a GT3 RS.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
i think street rentals not allowed at the ring. mega - euro fines apply.
they got electronic tracking devices or something.
you'd think they would... but ...
Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Can I come too?
totally...
Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
i think street rentals not allowed at the ring. mega - euro fines apply.
they got electronic tracking devices or something.
LOL, back in 08 I rented a Cayman S from Avis in Frankfurt and found myself at the Ring a few days later. After coming back from my trip I found out that is was forbidden to go there with a rental. I never heard from anyone, so I guess I never got caught.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:50 AM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Manthey KWs Hockenheim setup with special valving for tight tracks...
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Subchik
3rd Gear

Thank you all guys. Manthey is on holiday right now maybe I can try the KW head office. Were you talking about twintube 2-way adj. design or the monotube 3-way?
The track shown on video is not short. It's the longest one we have for now. Next summer we will have another one similar in length and speeds. The tightest track plays less role as we will run there only 1 or max 2 times in the season. The most often tracks for the next season will be SmolenskRing and NRing.
You can make your own opinion about these tracks:
SmolenskRing:
Ferrari 360 CS with stock Corsas 1.45.xxx; 1040kg Integra DC2 with K24 on FZ201 runs 1.41 on this track. The RS showed same time but behaved different. But the RS with MPSS outrun all the car in champ on the wet (incl. prepped spec c's, rx's with racing wet tire if it makes any difference). So the car is not bad for the wet at least)))

NRing:
(GT-R33 500hp Hoosier R6)
Low grip asphalt.

Does anybody have any experience with Moton, JRZ, Penske and Ohlins racing shocks?

P.S.: I was on the North Loop with Europcar rent car with no problem and many friends of mine did but who knows... Anyway it's better to get some prepped car then slow stockish sedan. You can get 325 e36 ready to race and take it for a trackday at a good price. My friends took it for the RCN and it ran with no issues. http://www.jacos-paddock.com/vermietung.html
Old 12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

you might try KW HQ, the "secret" is going to get the springs/valving correct ... I am sure they can do that ...

you might also try either Parr or JZM in the UK ... I'd also recommend the exe-tc guys

Last edited by Larry Cable; 12-28-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NorthVan
LOL, back in 08 I rented a Cayman S from Avis in Frankfurt and found myself at the Ring a few days later. After coming back from my trip I found out that is was forbidden to go there with a rental. I never heard from anyone, so I guess I never got caught.
best not to mention that in forums ... I knew a couple of irish guys that got "caught" this way on pistonheads in the uk ...

most of the rental companies now make you sign an agreement explicitly forbidding you to take the car onto the ring ... Sixt and Avis for sure.

but of course there are a number of local companies that will rent you a track prepped car...
Old 12-28-2011, 05:32 PM
JJE997.2RS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Subchik

Does anybody have any experience with Moton, JRZ, Penske and Ohlins racing shocks?
I would wait and see what happens with KW. The fastest time attack cars in the US run KW. Valving is supposed to be really really good...
Old 12-28-2011, 05:43 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
best not to mention that in forums ... I knew a couple of irish guys that got "caught" this way on pistonheads in the uk ...

most of the rental companies now make you sign an agreement explicitly forbidding you to take the car onto the ring ... Sixt and Avis for sure.

but of course there are a number of local companies that will rent you a track prepped car...
LOL, I only found out that it was forbidden after I posted a thread on the forums. No extra bill from the Car Rental company, other then the parking ticket I got in Stuttgart

Credit Card has long been expired, and the car was fine (brakes, tires, and engine got a good work out), only 800KM on the car when I picked it up! So much for the break in peroid
Old 12-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

LOL, I only found out that it was forbidden after I posted a thread on the forums. No extra bill from the Car Rental company, other then the parking ticket I got in Stuttgart

Credit Card has long been expired, and the car was fine (brakes, tires, and engine got a good work out), only 800KM on the car when I picked it up! So much for the break in peroid
the Irish guys (back on 07 I think) got hit up for around 4k euros 'excessive wear' charges after they returned the car to Avis ...

the car companies claim that they have spotters etc but I have yet to meet someone that has got caught this way ... either way you are screwed if you crash it ... unless your credit card will cover it ... which I doubt they would, but worth checking...
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

easy,

install exe tc shocks and throw the Tarrett catalog at the car.

done.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

cars, booze and girls rule the world!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
the Irish guys (back on 07 I think) got hit up for around 4k euros 'excessive wear' charges after they returned the car to Avis ...

the car companies claim that they have spotters etc but I have yet to meet someone that has got caught this way ... either way you are screwed if you crash it ... unless your credit card will cover it ... which I doubt they would, but worth checking...
Wow, 4K euros, and I wasn't happy about about the extra $50 euros for the parking ticket.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
easy,

install exe tc shocks and throw the Tarrett catalog at the car.

done.
Bingo
Old 12-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I rented a 997 Carrera S back in '06 from Stuttgart. We wanted to drive to the Ring but the mention of that got the Avis rental guy up in arms, saying that is was forbidden.
Still had major fun driving to Munich & then to Berlin on the Autobahn. My personal fastest ever: 274km/h...in no speed limit zone.
Definitely bucket list stuff!

Quick Reply: Ultimate track suspension setup for a GT3 RS.1