997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011 | 03:46 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

I will be open to try any new GT3, but as of right now I am only thinking about upgrading to an RS 4.0. In fact, if I could I would buy two of them!
Old 12-07-2011 | 03:46 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

it means that it's an analogue car in a digital age, which is threatening to go all bobby digi on us.
Thanks for the clarification AJ!
Old 12-07-2011 | 03:47 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
Phil: Haven't you noticed that the 991 is a smaller 2-door Panamera with a boxer in the rear? Longer WB, PDCC, 6-sensor 'skyhook' suspension, electric steering, push-button e-brake, full roof sunroof, etc.
it just shows who got a major weight in the company now as those elements went into sport enthusiast 911 car from a family sedan.

but with all that in mind there is no doubt that an average driver will find 991 car to be much faster and compliant than a 997 car.
Old 12-07-2011 | 04:19 PM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by brake dust
Don't understand that comment, after all, isn't Porsche in the GT business and considers it's cup cars as a profit center?
I have no idea how Porsche does their accounting. What I do know is that the GT3 is the closest you can get to a Cup car, much closer than the equivalent cars from another manufacturer. And I think the existence of the GT3 lends a huge level of credibility to the rest of the 911 model range, in terms of the claim of racing heritage.
Old 01-14-2012 | 10:35 PM
lopro
Banned

time will tell all.
I do think porsche needs use a 4.0L or higher displacement in the next gt3 if not they are kind of back tracking. maybe that is just another opinion but manthey and others are already putting down 4.3L

The debate with technology is just progress in a technological age, as much as i love or hate to say it, its only going to go further. The transmission is something else, Somewhat of a sign that porsche has their thinking caps on.

I like the idea that they are trying to stay with the times of new technology but maintain a classic design. In doing so they are hoping to stay with the progress of the world's technological advancements that will gain new comers to the party while also maintaining the old faithful crowd of supporters.

Time will bring more details and info to the table about the new gt3. I just hope some of the current gt3rs and 4.0 owners like the new cars or else I will never get my hands on a preowned gt3rs or 4.0 997

Quick Reply: 991 GT3