Caution- GMG centerlock wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Well he is Greek, so you have be suspicious on some level
Are you calling me a liar as well? I'm Greek too. (You do have a point though)

Don't worry, not easily offended.

Kyriacos Panayides
Old 09-01-2011, 11:41 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Are you calling me a liar as well? I'm Greek too. (You do have a point though)

Don't worry, not easily offended.

Kyriacos Panayides
If a Greek's lips are moving you know he's lying
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Its really amazing how people who are UNRELATED to the issue, feel compelled to chime in with their two cents without FULL KNOWLEDGE of the incident. I dont have a dog in this fight, but I felt the need to step in and make a few observations and comments: (hell, I am the Judge)
Kind of like James brother (SpeedGT3) calling me out, while pretending to be a bystander? All the while GMG posted alongside his posts and acted naive? Yea, exactly....

Kyriacos, deputy is anti-everything, but especially hates greeks, even though he eats greek food 5 times a week.....
Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 PM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

hmm,

you are a rennlist member as of 10pm today and on September, 2011? I'm not trying to insinuate anything. I just like to point out the facts.

anyway, I don't think any thread should be locked. This allows for public knowledge of a company that may or may not stand behind their product.

What happened to the other wheel manufacturer that had issues, Forged Alloy? Well, he handled it much better than GMG. I'm not going to buy from either company, but if I had to choose, guess who I'd go with. yep, Forged Alloy.

Originally Posted by The-Judge
Its really amazing how people who are UNRELATED to the issue, feel compelled to chime in with their two cents without FULL KNOWLEDGE of the incident. I dont have a dog in this fight, but I felt the need to step in and make a few observations and comments: (hell, I am the Judge)

1) If you are NOT directly related to the issue, then please refrain from bashing either party via the keyboard. If drinking,(which impairs judgement) please step away from the computer. No need to add fuel to the fire.

2) I believe a settlement has been reached between both parties and therefore this issue should be put to bed. Posting about a vendors product and its quality without FULL DOCUMENTATION, is irresponsible and considered defamatory, which is AGAINST the Rennlist Forum rules.

3) Both parties should REFRAIN from making further statements!!

4) I think the moderators should BLOCK, and CLOSE any further comments and or members who feel the need to bash either party.

5) Please keep in mind that its not always the customer who is right. How the conflict is resolved is the bigger issue. As I said before, a resolution has been reached, and therefore STOP THE accusatory rhetoric.

6) As anyone who is a business owner, including people on this forum, know that a public forum is not a place to air out your dirty laundry. In addition to that statement, it also MAKES NO SENSE that buying decisions are made based upon an unfortunate experince by one or a couple of people/ forum members. I have purchased products from GMG and their competitors. All three had shown excellent customer service. Statistically speaking, one or two bad apples doesnt ruin the pie. It seems that their are 2 camps here.

Read the rules people, when you sign up

GMG has indicated that they are making things right, and I hope that MartinD also posts that he is accepting of GMG's offer to correct the situation and both parties stop using bandwidth in a negative fashion.

The-Judge
Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) If you are NOT directly related to the issue, then please refrain from bashing either party via the keyboard. If drinking,(which impairs judgement) please step away from the computer. No need to add fuel to the fire.

2) I believe a settlement has been reached between both parties and therefore this issue should be put to bed. Posting about a vendors product and its quality without FULL DOCUMENTATION, is irresponsible and considered defamatory, which is AGAINST the Rennlist Forum rules.

3) Both parties should REFRAIN from making further statements!!

4) I think the moderators should BLOCK, and CLOSE any further comments and or members who feel the need to bash either party.

5) Please keep in mind that its not always the customer who is right. How the conflict is resolved is the bigger issue. As I said before, a resolution has been reached, and therefore STOP THE accusatory rhetoric.

6) As anyone who is a business owner, including people on this forum, know that a public forum is not a place to air out your dirty laundry. In addition to that statement, it also MAKES NO SENSE that buying decisions are made based upon an unfortunate experince by one or a couple of people/ forum members. I have purchased products from GMG and their competitors. All three had shown excellent customer service. Statistically speaking, one or two bad apples doesnt ruin the pie. It seems that their are 2 camps here.

Read the rules people, when you sign up

GMG has indicated that they are making things right, and I hope that MartinD also posts that he is accepting of GMG's offer to correct the situation and both parties stop using bandwidth in a negative fashion.

The-Judge
interesting 5th post after just joining and posting for the first time about an hour ago.

the situation you are "judging" is from another thread, no?
it was closed, as you are advocating... By the mod

"read the rules when you sign up" ??? I'm confused.

for the record, I am in neither "camp"
just intrigued by your post
you must be new to the interwebz...

edit: I see I am not the only one intrigued by this post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no contribution to this thread other than to note that I am happy that I am a member of Rennlist, where this thread can exist, instead of that fu_king cesspool, 6speed, where it would be deepsixed in minutes, and potential purchasers would be none the wiser.

From everything I've read today, it seems like certain vendors look at track-day enthusiasts as "marks" rather than "customers," and that's really, really bad business. And apparently, it catches up with you.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:58 PM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

The mods should figure out who "The-Judge" really is and refund his membership, if necessary.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
Im 30 yrs old
If you're such a Pipsqueak I don't believe anything you say

If drinking,(which impairs judgement) please step away from the computer. No need to add fuel to the fire.
not fueling, trying to diffuse.

You're fueling and actually don't count and are completely irrelative until you have at least 100 posts, of which at least 50 need to be posted withing the legal promilage limits....
I bet you can do it before 6AM Greece time . Just go to new posts and start

The-Judge;8837238]3) Both parties should REFRAIN from making further statements!!
+1

Originally Posted by MarkD
interesting 5th post after just joining and posting for the first time about an hour ago.
+1
Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

To all,

GMG stands behind it's products and will rectify any real problem, no questions asked. Sorry for the inconvenience to Peer and Martin.

James
GMG

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

GMG stands behind it's products and will rectify any real problem, no questions asked. Sorry for the inconvenience to Peer and Martin.
This should have been your first statement this morning....

Tell SpeedGT3 I said
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My name is mikymu

I had both good and bad experience with GMG and after reading today's thread I felt compel to add my 2 cents.

My first experience with GMG is when I purchased their roll bar for my green RS. I got stuck with the install and ask Fabryce if he can help. He got to work with his crew and posted a DIY video and it's still on their website. Great customer service.

My other experience came with trying to rebuild my LSD - yes, the famous LSD buster. I found out that GMG can rebuild LSD and retain factory housing so I don't have to remove the tranny which saves TON of $$$. I ask if it is OK for me to call them if I get stuck trying to remove the LSD and Fabryce said yes. I got stuck ... call GMG and got the run around. I was not able to get Fabryce on the phone and finally after 1 week of trying I got hold of him but told me the wrong procedure and I almost damage the tranny/drive shaft. Out of desperation, I contacted Matt at GT gear for help and rest is history. I ran into Fabryce at PMNA in LA earlier this year when I was on my way to pick up my Cup car and introduce myself right away hoping to strike up a conversation. I got a cold shoulder instead. I packed up the parts and left without bothering to visit their shop.

It is hard to run a business - any business and I hope everyone can succeed. There are many wonderful shops and business practice when it comes to Porsche tunning and we all know them well such as Alex at Sharkwerks and Matt at GT gear. Alex meet me late at night in a rain storm just to deliver a set of brake pads so I can go to the track that weekend. Matt has been nothing but helpful when it comes to LSD and tranny questions and always willing to lend a helping hand and sound advice.

I practice medicine and yes, I get chew out by my patients more often than I like to admit. It is not pleasant when I get an angry phone call or e-mail but the wise thing to do is to take a deep breath, call the patient back and say "Mr Jone, I understand your frustration ... what can I do to help?"

I think it is fair to say most of us root for GMG in the ALMS race series. I was especially **** when the corvette guys smash into James's Cup car at Laguna Seca two years ago and ruin GMG of a win. We are proud of what GMG represent on the race track but calling out a unhappy customer for a stare down at petit le mans is not the right thing to do. We all excel in different aspect of our lives and many of us have great achievement in sport, business, art or racing. I had my fair share of fist pumping and stare downs when I used to compete in track and basketball and it is silly to think back of all the fights growing up. Let's put testosterone aside and hope both GMG and their future and present customers can work out their difference and continue the joy of modding and racing our P-cars
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

To all,

James
GMG

It was just getting good!!
A bit boring, but the best post of the day
Guess I can go to bed now.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 AM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

somebody just climbed the IQ ladder.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:00 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I have been sitting on the sidelines for the last 2 nights on this. I commented on the last post, 2 sides to every story, and I will again here.

I am a GMG customer and have been going there for just over a year.
I have a GMG rollcage in my gt3-rs
GMG 18 inch wheels for the track
GMG suspension mods, minor

I have 4 other friends with the GMG cages and they have had no issues.

I am not a GMG sell out, or spy, or employee, or any of that, and I am not James or Fabryce's brother. I am just a customer who lives in central california. You can check my bio.

I have had no negative issues that you guys have mentioned but I am sure anything is possible. I am not looking to get sucked into this debate but I just wanted to point out that all of my products, workmanship, and service have all been handled very professionally.

GMG even hosts a track day in so cal for their customers which I have attended. it was nicely done where they helped their customers with their cars at no cost, gave advice on car set up, and driving techniques.

Again I know there are 2 sides to every story and I just hope all these disputes can get resolved amicably.

Good luck everyone.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:03 AM
peer
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Peer

Just tried calling you and got your VM.

I don't wish to get into a pissing match and wish to focus on the facts.

You did email me regarding the wheels and we exchanged emails several times, you sent 1 wheel back for inspection.

The wheel has gone through engineering and has been verified to be 100% true and correct meeting all specifications, we cleaned up the face of the pad with no charge to you ( as a courtesy) and cleaned off all the rubber and track grime that was on it when it arrived.

There is NOTING wrong with the wheel, it arrived to you today according to UPS.

As any other reputable company would do we did our due diligence, inspected verified and confirmed the wheels were good to use.

If you wish to discuss further than I would be more than happy to do so please let me know when you are available and both James and I will gladly call you. The same goes for anyone else who is having an issue. Both James and I can be reached via email and or the phone at the shop
My email fabryce@gmgracing.com James is James@gmgracing.com
Shop # 714 432 1582
If you email and need to speak with me after hours, I will gladly email you my cell which both James and I can be reached on 7 days a week.

Had the wheels not been mounted or installed we would take them back, however they were and they were used and just like any other wheel manufacture they are not returnable. If you check with any one else who sells wheels no one will take a wheel back when a wheel has a tire mounted on it let alone been used on the road or track for that matter.

I realize that I am going to get trampled by the posters under alias names on this thread but thats "Ok".. You all know who I am would be really nice to know who I am actually communicating with as well. Its easy to jump on the band wagon and start adding everyone's 2 cents but unless you have the facts its only speculation and nothing more so lets stick to the facts when posting please.

Just like any other reputable company we stand behind our products and just like any one of those companies we have the same warranties and exclusions when parts are used for motorsport purposes which are no different than HRE- BBS -OZ- Forgeline or Porsche Motorsport for that matter.

We are not denying anyone warranty nor are we saying we are not willing to work with a customer to resolve issues. A simple phone call will generally resolve 98% off the issues that emails cant.

Just email or call and I am happy to address any and all problems directly.
Yes James,

Thanks for the call, I was at a football game and did not hear it ring (Syracuse massive comeback against Wake Forest OT win).

You had my cell number as I gave it to you in JUNE when I figured out that there was an issue and was more than willing to talk live with you or Fabryce but neither of you chose to call me.

Can I post our email exchanges to provide more enlightenment to our rennlist community as to the tone each parties had of our interaction?

I have wanted to come to a amicable solution which is supported by my emails.

The offer still stands for you to have your mounted or unmounted wheels back, like I posted earlier

I cannot in good faith sell to anyone else if they intend to track the car (I never used them on the street so cannot comment on that application).
Getting ripped for a defective high price rim is far less disturbing than your lack of tact and skill when dealing with a customer problem. I am happy for those who have not had any issues with GMG wheels as they are great looking and light but god forbid you have a problem.

Quick Reply: Caution- GMG centerlock wheels!