Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Caution- GMG centerlock wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:08 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

I am with stujelly...great experiences with GMG product and have enjoyed being at the track with them. They are the best shop I have personally worked with.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:19 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Ultimately, how great you are in customer service is best judged by how you handle a customer with an legitimate issue, not just by how you handle happy customers!

It is obvious that GMG have many satisfied customers and generally do right by them BUT those who have raised issues over the past two days have had what can only be described as compromised products supplied by the vendor, valid reasons to seek resolution and a very poor handling of their situation...

Yes, some customers do try to take advantage vendors in some situations and I wouldn't expect any vendor to wear losses for shady customers but as I see it, all these guys have valid issues and concerns. Why you would compromise the integrity of a brand and relationships with customers over a few defective wheels that really should never have gone out in the first instance is beyond me...
Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Exactly. The fact pattern has been disturbing, but it's GMG's OWN RESPONSE that's most appalling.

I don't care what a vendor races or gizmos it sells; there is no place for attitude in a service business.
Originally Posted by The Greek
Honestly, the tone and response By Fabryce and James guarantees that I will never purchase anything from them. Absolutely speechless how they handled Martins situation. Congratulations, in 1 day you have completely shredded your reputation on this forum.

Absolute joke....
Originally Posted by mdrums

I'm confused by GMG, there responces on these forums. I always thought they were big on customer service and a top rate shop? I feel really bad about all this mess, for the guys that bought GMG product and actually for GMG themselves....this really sucks ya know...I hate this for all party's involved.

Originally Posted by 911rox
Ultimately, how great you are in customer service is best judged by how you handle a customer with an legitimate issue, not just by how you handle happy customers!

Why you would compromise the integrity of a brand and relationships with customers over a few defective wheels that really should never have gone out in the first instance is beyond me...
+$7500 to all of the above. Lots of quality products out there. How do most of us choose where to spend our money? Customer service.

Originally Posted by James-GMG
To all,

GMG stands behind it's products and will rectify any real problem, no questions asked. Sorry for the inconvenience to Peer and Martin.

James
GMG
IMHO, too little, too late...
Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek

Kyriacos, deputy is anti-everything, but especially hates greeks, even though he eats greek food 5 times a week.....
Greeks are good for 3 things...

Gyros, sponges, and if you're into this... Women with mustaches
Old 09-02-2011, 09:47 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
To all,

GMG stands behind it's products and will rectify any real problem, no questions asked. Sorry for the inconvenience to Peer and Martin.

James
GMG
James, GMG should have never let this escalate into this. You have any idea how much your company has lost from this? You might think this is just a few guys on a internet forum but I can tell you that this forum spreads world wide with many people reading it. Just Google GMG Wheels now and see what the 3rd link is....yes this thread!

As for me to let you know...I was going to buy a GMG rool bar, harnesses and wheels from GMG...but due to attitude and high escalated GMG prices I bought RSS bar, Forgeline wheels and other products I needed elsewhere. You probably don't care anyway.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Wow...this is getting ridiculous!!! James is a business owner and I am sure he cares if he loses a sale(he is kinda competitive).

My 2 cents is there are alot of people over reacting and the bottom line is GMG does great work.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

This thread served its purpose and comments from the uninvolved contribute nothing.

Closed
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

John, thanks, you got here before I did. Folks, this thread has really run its course. Every vendor runs into problems from time to time. It is inevitable. I can imagine the head scratching when a set of wheels which are returned because they don't fit work perfectly on the car in my shop. That would be a WTF moment I think.

Centerlock wheels are tricky. For example, every time I remove or install mine, I have to tighten the five bolts in the studs. They get loose, every time I run the car on the track! Failure to do so will cause all sorts of problems. The wheel will seat on the bolt heads (not good!) causing damage to the wheel, noise and in the worst case preventing the centerlock nut from seating and LOCKING! Problems can arise if the CL mechanism is not frequently lubed as per the PCNA tech bulletin.

FWIW, I have informed our DE tech line to check that the locking button in the center of the CL nut is popped out. If not, the CL may not be locked! we were surprised at how many were not in the correct position. There were 40 GT3s at our last event so we had a pretty good sample. All of which goes to say that Centerlocks are tricky things.

As a last note, Rennlist frowns on posting emails or PMs which are intended only for the people involved.

Thanks to GMG for stepping up to the plate.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Caution- GMG centerlock wheels!