Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

lol

Originally Posted by mikymu
Warning light ... telling me my wallet is on fire
Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I had an old friend who happens to be responsible for the new Canadian GT3 Cup over for dinner the other night. After a bottle of wine I'd convinced myself I need one...this isn't helping.

With the relative speed and potential of that car you almost need to simply book the track out for yourself and a coach and away you go!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
mike improved a lot. actually uses the WHOLE track even dirt. i think my coach was instrumental. lmao.

e30 spec and sm drivers. FEW are good. the rest really have no ****ing clue what they are doing. i got several porsche friends who races SM and are incredibly fast. then there are those who really just just learn how to fk'g walk instead of driving let alone driving on a race track. they often make very unpredicatable moves (like track exit is on right, they move way left then fist up trying to make an acute angle to exit as they already pass the entrance). or stay mid track for a left turn, then move right to increase turning radius when they are going at a speed that need no such room to make the turn and take out cars that are lapping them for the third time in a 25 min race........

oh, well...
when you see SM or E30, turn the high beam on and hit the air horn. i will have airhorn on my race car.
Yes, because of your coaching I find it hard to resist dirt at track out. I found out first hand how dangerous some of these miata can be. It's kind of like driving around a retirement community ... the Buick century in front can turn either way all depends on which side is faster to the nearest bingo. Honestly, it's hard to miss my Cup in the rear view mirror, I am that shinny white thing with a red Mohawk.

I am going to install Jbigelow fire truck horn on my Cup
Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people get the red mist at the track and then mirrors mean nothing.....there's one at every session at every track, on every day.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the vid and pics. I would love to experience that one day
Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for sharing Mike, and thanks for keeping it real.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 PM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikymu
I am going to install Jbigelow fire truck horn on my Cup
If you do the air horn and growler siren..... you have to add the light bar with reds!!!!!! Then for sure peeps should pull to the right for ya!!!!!

HA :P
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

A Cup car with Miatas is like a great White at feeding time in a kiddie pool.

You are going to need to find some new friends to share the track with.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbigelow
Damn, wished I could of been there to see the gang and watch the whole madness in person!!!!!!

Thanx for sharing the vid Mike!!!!!!
We have a spot saved for your virgin track day

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
I'm happy for you! But must admit just a tad jealous
Don't feel jealous ... I am envious of you that still drives a street GT3 o track. it is SOOOO much easier. I need at least 1.5 hours to unload and set up the car

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Mike improved alot. I can improve alot too if my car stops leaking!!!! Mike
Thanks Mike ... you know you need a Cup right?

Originally Posted by SharpMan
I had an old friend who happens to be responsible for the new Canadian GT3 Cup over for dinner the other night. After a bottle of wine I'd convinced myself I need one...this isn't helping.

With the relative speed and potential of that car you almost need to simply book the track out for yourself and a coach and away you go!
No need to drive private track days. You need "obsticles" to sharpen your skill

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
people get the red mist at the track and then mirrors mean nothing.....there's one at every session at every track, on every day.
Yup ... that is very true

Originally Posted by FFaust
Thanks for sharing Mike, and thanks for keeping it real.
Any time. My wrist and back still hurt from all the work on and off the track

Originally Posted by jbigelow
If you do the air horn and growler siren..... you have to add the light bar with reds!!!!!! Then for sure peeps should pull to the right for ya!!!!!

HA :P
When can I come by your fire station to install the complete setup?

Originally Posted by skxf430
A Cup car with Miatas is like a great White at feeding time in a kiddie pool.

You are going to need to find some new friends to share the track with.
I keep on telling mooty to get a Cup and that may come true sooner than later
Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Car is a beauty Mike.

We were pulling into the paddock as you were unloading your car. Went looking for you later in the day but you were gone. Maybe next time.

Have fun with your cup. +1 for getting a coach. I'd get one sooner than later, before you develop any bad habits with it that he has to help you unlearn!

Phil
Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Car is a beauty Mike.

We were pulling into the paddock as you were unloading your car. Went looking for you later in the day but you were gone. Maybe next time.

Have fun with your cup. +1 for getting a coach. I'd get one sooner than later, before you develop any bad habits with it that he has to help you unlearn!

Phil
Too late Phil ... I have tons of bad habits already lol. We will meet next time on the track

Cheers

Mike
Old 08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

+1, I think they make about 80% of the bikers on touristfahren days at the ring inhale some before they go out ...

e.g: this guy is unaware that I am behind him ... and have been for about 2 turns ...
Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Quote:

+1, I think they make about 80% of the bikers on touristfahren days at the ring inhale some before they go out ...

e.g: this guy is unaware that I am behind him ... and have been for about 2 turns ...
It's annoying that drivers don't see what is behind them in the left lane when driving on the street, hence air horn and daytime driving lights, but OK that's where the idiots drive and in the US all I can expect for $20.00, 20 questions and drive around cones for 10 minutes to get a DL.

On track however it simply amazes me that even in advanced groups some drivers simply forget to look in their mirrors and have no idea you are there for several corners..
Old 08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
On track however it simply amazes me that even in advanced groups some drivers simply forget to look in their mirrors and have no idea you are there for several corners..
It's not that they don't know you're there, it's just that they "know" they're faster....
Old 08-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
It's annoying that drivers don't see what is behind them in the left lane when driving on the street, hence air horn and daytime driving lights, but OK that's where the idiots drive and in the US all I can expect for $20.00, 20 questions and drive around cones for 10 minutes to get a DL.

+1 ... it should be part of every drivers "situational awareness" ... a few moments focused elsewhere is acceptable in certain circumstances .. however just ignoring them completely is just plain rude/stupid ...

particularly important (required) prior to entry into corner braking zone/turn-in ... mirror - plan - brake - shift - turn ... probably with some extra mirror stages thrown in ...

Quick Reply: Shake down of Cup and mikymu at Thunderhill