Shake down of Cup and mikymu at Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:05 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1, I think they make about 80% of the bikers on touristfahren days at the ring inhale some before they go out ...

e.g: this guy is unaware that I am behind him ... and have been for about 2 turns ...
man that is close ... "nick simpson loves c#*k" lol

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
It's annoying that drivers don't see what is behind them in the left lane when driving on the street, hence air horn and daytime driving lights, but OK that's where the idiots drive and in the US all I can expect for $20.00, 20 questions and drive around cones for 10 minutes to get a DL.

On track however it simply amazes me that even in advanced groups some drivers simply forget to look in their mirrors and have no idea you are there for several corners..
When I go on the track I check the crowd and take note which car may be faster than me then look for them in my rear view mirrow. Now days not many are faster than my Cup but I still look just in case mooty sneak up on me in ... a cup

Originally Posted by Nizer
It's not that they don't know you're there, it's just that they "know" they're faster....
lol

fast and the miata

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1 ... it should be part of every drivers "situational awareness" ... a few moments focused elsewhere is acceptable in certain circumstances .. however just ignoring them completely is just plain rude/stupid ...

particularly important (required) prior to entry into corner braking zone/turn-in ... mirror - plan - brake - shift - turn ... probably with some extra mirror stages thrown in ...
I can't stress the importance to check your mirrow. GT3 guys are great and never miss me coming up behind them
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
man that is close ...
and that was after some serious braking ... this was after I followed him through Aremberg and Fuchsrohre... he failed to realized that I was either
there or that I kept catching him in corners ...

Alex needs to invent the bypass "cow catcher" ... in Titanium of course!

"nick simpson loves c#*k" lol
that was inspired by some graffiti on the breidscheid bridge!

When I go on the track I check the crowd and take note which car may be faster than me then look for them in my rear view mirrow. Now days not many are faster than my Cup but I still look just in case mooty sneak up on me in ... a cup

lol

fast and the miata

I can't stress the importance to check your mirrow. GT3 guys are great and never miss me coming up behind them
Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good Mikey..
Old 08-16-2011, 02:26 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
Looking good Mikey..
Where is your Cup? Joining us at LS for the 9/9 - 9/11 PCA event?
Old 08-17-2011, 03:27 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Cool video Mike and it was good to see you again on friday!

Looks like you're getting the hang of it, when're you going to step-up and start running in the PRC races? They're a lot of fun. There's a high amount of situational awareness in those races due to speed differentials in cars and different experience levels (and the fact that most of the guys hang out after for bbq/beers). You'd have a blast.

-mike

Quick Reply: Shake down of Cup and mikymu at Thunderhill