Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Ready for Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 762 Posts

Same here, we're leaving for Vegas in 2 weeks for a couple of days of doing what has to be done ;-)
Old 06-11-2011, 12:11 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Some of us aren't as fortunate to run in the fall
I'll trade ya jobs....wait I couldn't do your job....funnymthing is you could probably do mine! however you just might be able to drive this fall.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:12 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well more drama, finally made to Sebring, but ....

Picked up the 2, car is missfiring, plugs are shot. So my friend tha came up with me driving the fat bastard, is going back to the shop, and they will get it done. Car is coming back tomorrow, with a friend's trailer so I think I will be able to drive it on Sunday. In the meanwhile, I'll try to keep the fat one working, with stock pads, stock tires, stock brake fluid and alignment..... let's see how it works. Left the dyno at 5:30 making 505 and some decent torque, BONE Stock, just the tune....
Old 06-11-2011, 01:53 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming that's the GTR then
Old 06-11-2011, 08:36 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

A friend of mine wrecked his GTR, the first model just like I had and just received the 2012.
No report yet on if he likes the new one much better. He does not track, but drives it max speed on open road (Europe).

Eddie, curious to hear the side by side comparo
Old 06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Peter,

Not muh to say. The car is quite fast out of the box. I got my first lap at 2:29.7 and a couple 2:28. You don't need to sweat to drive it, but just have to get used to it, as is very different to drive. You need to be on power a lot earlier, to take advantage of the electronics. It's amazing how you feel the diff working and applying power to the outside wheels, making the car turn in. You have to be on power before the apex for sure. At least when stock, to try to compensate for the understeer.
The main problem is to keep temps in check. Transmission fluid gets hot.
Not much to say from a car that cant take 10 laps and keep it everything in check.
Engine oil temps are ok on the 230. When I saw the tranny on the 240's I let off and went to a cool down lap. Coolant is ok. Whenever you use a tranny cooler, everythng comes down, as the car uses the engine coolant system to keep the tranny cool. For this level of power a Transmission cooler would be enough to keep the car safe.

Out of the track I just love the car. Very fast with just a little custom tune, and you can also have several settings on the fly (cruise control)
Comfortable, big heavy decent gas mileage, perfect daily for me.

Just to remember that the car is bone stock ... stock pads, stock alignment, stock rotors, stock brake fluid. Little work like the cooler, brake ducts, pads and a set of sway bars, would be nice to make the car faster and more pleasurable to drive. Overall I'm happy as i already knew about the tranny issues.

Now waiting on the GT2. The car is ready and on it's way up here. Ready for tomorrow.

Peter, you should be here, I'll drink one for you.

Cheers !

BTW how did you liked yours ? Felt like a big fat numb car ?

Well not a Porsche ...
Old 06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Peter,

Not muh to say. The car is quite fast out of the box. I got my first lap at 2:29.7 and a couple 2:28. You don't need to sweat to drive it, but just have to get used to it, as is very different to drive. You need to be on power a lot earlier, to take advantage of the electronics. It's amazing how you feel the diff working and applying power to the outside wheels, making the car turn in. You have to be on power before the apex for sure. At least when stock, to try to compensate for the understeer.
Not much to say from a car that cant take 10 laps and keep it everything in check.
Engine oil temps are ok on the 230. When I saw the tranny on the 240's I let off and went to a cool down lap. Coolant is ok. Whenever you use a tranny cooler, everythng comes down, as the car uses the engine coolant system to keep the tranny cool. For this level of power a Transmission cooler would be enough to keep the car safe.

Out of the track I just love the car. Very fast with just a little custom tune, and you can also have several settings on the fly (cruise control)

Just to remember that the car is bone stock ... stock pads, stock alignment, stock rotors, stock brake fluid. Little work like the cooler, brake ducts, pads and a set of sway bars, would be nice to make the car faster and more pleasurable to drive. Overall I'm happy as i already knew about the tranny issues.

Now waiting on the GT2. The car is ready and on it's way up here. Ready for tomorrow.

Cheers !

Well not a Porsche ...
Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Peter,

Cheers !

Well not a Porsche ...
Eddie cheats, if everyone was honest like me de would be more fun
Old 06-12-2011, 12:43 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

RANDY
when i get my cheater tires i'll try to keep up..

nice meeting you eddie...had 2 nephews giving them rides and also with student so busy day..i think i hit nearly every session today green blue and red......

mk
Old 06-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mkk62
RANDY
when i get my cheater tires i'll try to keep up..

nice meeting you eddie...had 2 nephews giving them rides and also with student so busy day..i think i hit nearly every session today green blue and red......

mk
Good to see u too , thanks for taking care of steven

My student today (green) has a gt2 rs
Old 06-12-2011, 10:43 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Same here, we're leaving for Vegas in 2 weeks for a couple of days of doing what has to be done ;-)
s p e a r m i n t r h i n o . take cash, do not use card.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Not likely hehe, there is one in Palm Beach, but I'm sur ethe Vegas location steps it up.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
Not likely hehe, there is one in Palm Beach, but I'm sur ethe Vegas location steps it up.
Ah yeah, the night we went they had 421 girls working.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
Best part is it never closes
Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

it took 3 hrs of constant introductions, before i saw the same face twice.
and we had to go back at 11am to salvage a mate's belt....i wanted to go round 2 but we were broke....haha

randy, you have the best name when they ask you "what's your name, sugar?"

Quick Reply: Ready for Sebring