Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS 4.0, I Have a 3 Hour Window to Decide

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
4.0 has the GT2RS suspension bits however the spring rates and dampening are different. There are some very interestng threads floating about the 'tubes as to what is different about 2RS suspension

You are absolutely correct as to what is on the configurator. And in regards to carbon bits it is wrong. Don't expect plastic windows though
Thanks for the 'Tubes tip, in listening to Preuninger in videos of both the 2 & 3 RS cars, the main thing is spherical bearings ("rose joints") in the rear suspension, probably at the same point as the Cup race cars = inner pivot lower control arm. Maybe higher durometer rubber in the rest of the pivots?

Preuninger, when asked about this in one video, states these parts could be used on earlier cars.

Do you have a citation to document the carbon fender inclusion here in USA? I was thinking that any untested crash parts may not make it here, so their deletion made some sense.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Thanks for the 'Tubes tip, in listening to Preuninger in videos of both the 2 & 3 RS cars, the main thing is spherical bearings ("rose joints") in the rear suspension, probably at the same point as the Cup race cars = inner pivot lower control arm. Maybe higher durometer rubber in the rest of the pivots?

Preuninger, when asked about this in one video, states these parts could be used on earlier cars.

Do you have a citation to document the carbon fender inclusion here in USA? I was thinking that any untested crash parts may not make it here, so their deletion made some sense.
You can always call PCNA if the link I showed to the microsite isn't enough. I'd be curious to hear what they say.

As for crash testing, the 2RS has the fenders and hood in the US already.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Carrera GT: "As for crash testing, the 2RS has the fenders and hood in the US already."
Ah, yes...
Old 05-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
You can always call PCNA if the link I showed to the microsite isn't enough. I'd be curious to hear what they say.
I called, PCNA customer service says they don't know if the carbon body parts are on the car or not and to contact a dealer- who, of course, is clueless as well
Old 05-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,248 Posts

[QUOTE=Carrera GT;8565096]You can always call PCNA if the link I showed to the microsite isn't enough. I'd be curious to hear what they say.

As for crash testing, the 2RS has the fenders and hood in the US already.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say the same thing myself... presumably the l/w side and rear windows may not be a part of the NA spec as with previous RSes?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

I have copies of a Porsche (PCNA) petition to NHTSA made in April 2006 (Docket SVC-124, Std. 205, Glazing materials) for use of "Class 4A" (plastic) rear window glazing on the basis that it was aft of the "C" pillar and petition was denied because the location was deemed too close to passengers. Side window glazing would be even closer to passengers...so both are for sure out.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,248 Posts

I have copies of a Porsche's petition to NHTSA made in April 2006 (Docket SVC-124, Std. 205, Glazing materials) for use of "Class 4A" (plastic) rear window glazing on the basis that it was aft of the "C" pillar and petition was denied because the location was deemed too close to passengers. Side window glazing would be even closer to passengers...so both are for sure out.
seems plausible ...

p.s
love the quote/signature!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

I have copies of a Porsche (PCNA) petition to NHTSA made in April 2006 (Docket SVC-124, Std. 205, Glazing materials) for use of "Class 4A" (plastic) rear window glazing on the basis that it was aft of the "C" pillar and petition was denied because the location was deemed too close to passengers.
Gotta give 'em credit for trying...
Old 05-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Gotta give 'em credit for trying...
If filling out forms and taking "no" for an answer counted for "trying" then life would be pretty fukking easy.

Quick Reply: RS 4.0, I Have a 3 Hour Window to Decide