Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PICK A COLOR .2RS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011 | 12:02 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PICK A COLOR .2RS!

Ok, I finally have found three cars after two months or searching, but have not been able to see any of them in person because none of them are near me. I know I would know instantly seeing them all lined up, but that can't happen so I need help from the guys that have them and have seen them in person. I know it's all personal preference, but I would love to hear why everyone picked their color combination! Please give me your opinions and if you would choose differently if you had it to do again, I lost a car trying to go see the color before I purchased it and will not be able to see any in person prior to purchase. I hate to buy without seeing in person, but there isn't much of a choice around here and it's too hard to tell true color from pictures. Thanks for everyones opinion and if I pick fast enough and don't lose these too I will post pictures soon. Below is all I can tell from pictures.

White:
Positives: doesn't show scratches, looks bright all the time, makes the cars line and accents pop
Negatives: is it too normal, will it get boring, tons on the road

Grey-Black:
Positives: the color is different, looks tough in pictures
Negatives: Can't tell but from pictures is it too dull and too flat, will it look good without red?

Aqua Blue:
Positives: it is a metallic, pops in sun, changes color
Negatives: in some pictures it looks to dark, almost normal like it could be on any car. Not sure if the red or gold is the right way to go for accents

Last edited by GYMGUY; 05-04-2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: title change
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:10 AM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't wait for mine ........... buy the white one.

Go with your gut not everyone elses opinion or you'll never decide !!

They're gonna be antiques by the time you decide !
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:10 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting question. Are we to assume that everything else on these cars is the same, and that the only differentiator is the colour? Assuming you are talking about RS', there's nothing "normal" about these cars, so don't worry about seeing "tons on the road".

Blue is incredible, White is just so pure, Grey is unique. You can't go wrong.

What is your preference, your first reflex?
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:27 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

The only major difference between the three cars is that one does not have full leather and it is a little cheaper. I would have no problem deciding if I could see them in person, haha. I wanted green and the wife said no! I really have no preference as it stands and wish I could see them in person because I know I would then. I can not tell what shade of blue the Aqua blue really is. It looks totally different in EVERY picture posted. The grey-black looks different in multiple pictures too. White is really all I can picture. I was hoping a few of you had seen all three lined up. I will not let all three of these get away. All are very good deals, must be the announcement of the 4.0 RS.
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:45 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

I have seen all three in person + Orange Red + Riv Red.

What are the contrasting colours on these?

I find Blue/Gold amazing; White/Gold is a bloody classic; White/Red is love or hate for most, but looks at home on the track; Black/Red is different, and I also like it, but I would not pay the upcharge for the colour.

Now, it'll be YOUR car, so if you want the advice of strangers, you will need to tell us about your personality. Or if you prefer, what are the criteria here?

The pros and cons you've given above are all practical and logical, but there's nothing practical or logical (in the normal sense) about buying a GT3 RS. It's all from the heart as far as colours are concerned.
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:55 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Blue Gold, White Red, Grey-Red are the three colors. I need the advice of strangers haha. Unfortunately it's going to be impossible for me to see all colors in person. I want a color that is hard to grow tired of. I want it to look good all the time in all lighting. I know it is preference, but like you said you have seen all three +, lucky you. I really liked the orange and green on the .1's, but wife hates it if that helps in what I like. Thanks for the opinions, they really help with perception of what the color looks like in person.
Old 05-04-2011 | 01:09 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Blue/Gold...... Classy with an edge, and timeless. A bit lower key but beautiful.

Wife won't like the red accents
Old 05-04-2011 | 01:12 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

either blue/gold or white/red.
white/red is classic, throwback to '73 and '04 rs.
blue/gold is stunning and different, as not many around.
the blue is midrange, it's not too dark. mirrors, wings, wheels look great in gold.
Old 05-04-2011 | 01:34 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Flip a coin?
I chose the best set up I could find and it was a Grey/Red in the end and it's awesome head turner .....again if that's what you like?
Old 05-04-2011 | 01:38 AM
Gus F
Instructor

My pick would be Blue/Gold,... is really special,...White/Red is a classic look, but a bit too much... for the street, just my opinion.
Old 05-04-2011 | 02:34 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

white
blue
grey/black

in that order
Old 05-04-2011 | 03:10 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 46 Posts

Grey
Blue
White

... Can't go wrong. Agreed with using your first reflex.
Old 05-04-2011 | 03:41 AM
RAPID
Racer

White Red
Blue Gold
Grey Red
Old 05-04-2011 | 03:52 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

white.. mine never got boring... white gets so many compliments as well from porschephiles.. people dont realize how good a white porsche can look.
Old 05-04-2011 | 08:58 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Can't go wrong with eiher choice. I've also seen them all, side-by-side...
Blue/gold is the most "stunning" by far. If you don't like stunning, white is the most classic, while the grey is a fairly unique/new color and pretty stealthy.

Quick Reply: PICK A COLOR .2RS!