Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PICK A COLOR .2RS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011 | 09:30 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Do you track?

If so buy the car without full leather, full leather is a pain in the butt to clean afetr a track weekend....I will never own a Porsche with it again

Also look for one with no sport crono

Color, doesnt matter
Old 05-04-2011 | 09:32 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Blue!!!

Ever since the gen2 997 came out I've been in love with Aqua Blue. It looks so beautiful with Blue/Gold combo.

You can find Gray or White around, haven't seen many Blue RS.
Old 05-04-2011 | 10:27 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

White is always the best RS color because it resembles the CUP car.

But, if you do not track it often and care less about CUP car then the dark grey is a hot color porsche with no decals and black wheels.

the Blue is a nice color if you want to drive it everyday without attracting too much attention.

All the track ****** will be looking for white RS examples over the next 10 years to strip and play........
Old 05-04-2011 | 11:14 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Everyone was complimenting my blue/gold RS at the track this weekend.

If you drive a lot on the street it may attract too much attention. Depends on how you like that. People literally stick their heads out of windows to take a look.

The blue in person is different from pictures. The metal flakes make the color do all sorts of stuff.
Old 05-04-2011 | 11:19 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

I chose (and tend to choose) white, but not when Porsche decides to charge for it. The downside to white in some eyes is that it's the most common of choices.

I've heard the black-gray is prone to stone chips and I think the "matte" look is overdone (too many cars, too many years of this "rule-breaking" look, so now it's unremarkable.) I see more black-gray than any other color -- perhaps because that's the color Porsche used for marketing the car.
Some folks would crawl over broken glass for Aqua, but of the various blues you'll find on a Porsche, it's not appealing to me, but it sounds like you like it. I like the dark, deep blues, but not on a track-oriented car.

I'd choose the car -- of these three -- on its merits (options, condition and price, relative to my intended needs.)

If two or more cars fit the bill, you've got the luxury of being able to push (very) hard on the terms of the deal. Maybe you need a second set of wheels or you can push for a price discount or added services like having the selling dealer pick up the freight charge, etc. Negotiating the sale could make a $10K difference (between best deal and worst deal) in this situation.

I'd coordinate with a local dealer for "courtesy" delivery to get them involved in your ownership experience from day one -- also creates an ideal way to receive the car since they can confirm it arrives from enclosed transport with zero damage and confirm the engine history is zero before you take delivery (though you've almost certainly had to transfer funds prior.)

I'd leverage the advantage of having more than one car. And I wouldn't wait for spring/summer when demand will ramp and buyers will start to contend for a car that's in diminishing supply.

If you also plan ahead to disposing of the car, I'd choose white or I'd choose the car with the lowest price -- either situation improves the total cost and simplifies resale.
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:02 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

In person is the blue bright and louder then the white? I love how the white pops. In some pictures the blue looks bright and amazing, better then white and in other it looks darker and more normal. Can you confirm what the color really looks like? Haha
Originally Posted by amaist
Everyone was complimenting my blue/gold RS at the track this weekend.

If you drive a lot on the street it may attract too much attention. Depends on how you like that. People literally stick their heads out of windows to take a look.

The blue in person is different from pictures. The metal flakes make the color do all sorts of stuff.
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:03 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

I want to track, but how is the full leather a problem? I've never heard that before.
Originally Posted by Izzone
Do you track?

If so buy the car without full leather, full leather is a pain in the butt to clean afetr a track weekend....I will never own a Porsche with it again

Also look for one with no sport crono

Color, doesnt matter
Old 05-04-2011 | 12:16 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
I want to track, but how is the full leather a problem? I've never heard that before.
I have had a few white 911's and it's classic. That said, the Blue/White Gold is a stunner. Most clubs require that you run with windows open at the track so dust/dirt/rain will get all over the leather. If you spin off track your full leather will be treated to a big cloud of debris.
Old 05-04-2011 | 01:30 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

there is no bad color for an RS. I picked blue/gold as all my cars are blue.

enclosed some pics with all 3. Blue one is mine.
Attached Images     
Old 05-04-2011 | 03:15 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
In person is the blue bright and louder then the white? I love how the white pops. In some pictures the blue looks bright and amazing, better then white and in other it looks darker and more normal. Can you confirm what the color really looks like? Haha
Blue pops a lot more if it's sunny. The paint starts reflecting the light a lot. During grey skies it's more subdued.

It's hard to judge which one is better. In my area there were no blue/gold cars. All GT3RSes were white or dark grey. I wanted to be different and the color was appealing, as well.

With all those RSes at the track in the same color I get confused. If one is passing me, do I make a friendly wave or give him the finger?
Old 05-04-2011 | 03:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

AQUA BLUE!!!!
Old 05-04-2011 | 03:40 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Blue
Old 05-04-2011 | 04:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I like white the best, but would have chosen gold accents had I known it is almost silver.
Blue and grey are beautiful as well and have a great benefit of hiding the yellowing clear bra.

You can't go wrong.
Old 05-04-2011 | 04:07 PM
1198r
Pro

Buy the best spec'ed car for what you (tracking!! ) and then wrap the car in a colour you want.
Old 05-04-2011 | 05:12 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amaist
If one is passing me, do I make a friendly wave or give him the finger?
Friends or not, always point with a finger (of your choice).

Quick Reply: PICK A COLOR .2RS!