Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:57 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Very cool, great video too. I wish I could be there just to chat Chris as well.

Well done guys!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Here's my fastest lap of the day: 2:32.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8oIsGfwTg

Remember that I got the car on Friday afternoon and drove straight to Sebring. Still getting to know the car.

I talked to Chris on Saturday, really cool guy! He said it was his first time at Sebring and that he loved it. He also said Sebring is better than Nurburgring to test suspension on cars. He was going out to the track so the chat was a little short but I had a photo taken with him. In the end how many times are you going to meet and talk to Chris Harris
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nice seeing you guys..
fun pointing everyone by in my spec miata rental as John Dean set up my car..first lap in am he did 2:23....then lots of traffic..kind of weird seeing my car drifting around sebring all day..without me in the car!

.test and tuned for pboc supersolo in May..hope to see you guys there..

mike
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I found out that Chris Harris was going to be there Saturday AM while still shopping with the wife in NYC (Scoring points), so I made some calls, flew home as planned Sat night, switched wheels and left for Sebring 5AM this morning (New land speed record home Sebring ;-)

It was real cool to shake hands with Chris Harris. I am a big fan of his reviews, articles and video's! I followed him for a few laps with ATLFahrer as passenger while Chris stole MJenk12's car for 3 laps. I have not found the video yet. Traqmate was shutting down each time after 10 minutes, surprise, surprise, what a POS. I wonder if it will hit the wall or Ebay first.

Chris figures Sebring is a great place to test and setup road cars. No kidding!
He thought it was frigging hot, (94F today) I told him come back in the winter for better weather and grip and come back in August to be truly impressed when we get some real humidity hahaha..
My thoughts not Chris; How cool would it be if car makers would start using Sebring to advertise cars instead of (Only) the NRing!!??
Probably because only Porsches can take the beating LOL...

Crazy hot already and it is only April; Got a sunburn and there was zero grip. Tires had 5 days on them and I corded one rear, but still this was very slippery.

Met some Rennlisters ;Izzone, Mjenk12, ATLFahrer all at Sebring for the first time with their new '10RS-es and GT3 respectively. Their laptimes were coming down steadily to some pretty fast laptimes considering the temp and only a couple seconds off my time today. Sorry I missed the Saturday crowd. Glad to give rides to all 3 to show them the FLATOUT RS line around the track
Brave lot these guys! I guess they've only seen my clean FLATOUT youtubes but now that they can all attest I'm a hack all other laps besides the ones I post, I might as well post the crappy laps;

I went to the track today, so here is the first FLATOUT video ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVLi9izB3w8
Lap 6 One of the very rare laps without SLOW traffic; the Toyo RA1's already started to go away in the 94F heat. I corded one rear..
Lap 7 1:15 is the spin/crash that wasn't :-) or just FF to 3:45. I think good for a laugh.
Lap 8 and 9 shows the disadvantage of open track days with passing on straights only. Some entertaining driving to watch, but lot's of traffic ......

Great driving and video, I was very frustrated yesterday, with the traffic and terrible lap times, I only got a couple of clean laps on the happy hour, but still far from my ideal lap times. Watching your videos, and talking a little bit with other drivers made me realize that the 2, 3 secs missing were due to the heat and track conditions.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

Sinan, glad you are enjoying the car!! Looks like you are having fun. Take your time learning the car, that's the best part :-)

Now, please put some tape over the microphone ;-)

test and tuned for pboc supersolo in May..hope to see you guys there..
That's cheating!!
Good seeing you today, the best points by from a Miata all day. Point by! From a Miata!

2, 3 secs missing were due to the heat and track conditions.
At least compared to the frosty Winterfest times!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:52 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Sinan, glad you are enjoying the car!! Looks like you are having fun. Take your time learning the car, that's the best part :-)

Now, please put some tape over the microphone ;-)
Lol! I will the next time

I was having a blast! Apart from all the traffic

The most fun was when I was lined up behind Randy, and chasing him down the track After he let me pass him I started driving more normal

You know what I realized, I was pushing myself much more when he was in front of me. I love to play cat and mouse when there is a good driver/car in front of me
Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 AM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sounds like yall had a great weekend! That's awesome that Mr. Harris was there! Doubt he will ever be at my local track hahaha. What was he driving on Sunday, other then the laps he did in Izzones and Jenks car? Very cool picture of the group as well.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sin911

Remember that I got the car on Friday afternoon and drove straight to Sebring. Still getting to know the car
So, what's your first impressions?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:54 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Epic...

Thanks to Mike for getting us track access
I'm the only idiot standing away from my car like I was mad at her.

Originally Posted by Izzone
Slippery......

I am sticking lead weights to Reters car while he is on the phone.

Hoping to have his car over 4,000 lbs by the end of the day

Forgot donuts to fatten him up
We have to do something to slow reter down, although after riding with him. I have to call him Peter again. Haha
Old 04-11-2011, 04:06 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Peter I just watched the vid. That was a big slide but a nice save and that traffic was brutal at times with no passing in the corners
Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

You know what I realized, I was pushing myself much more when he was in front of me. I love to play cat and mouse when there is a good driver/car in front of me
Sinan, that is why you need a pro coach that puts down some laps on your car. Than you can chase those sector times with the knowledge how to do it. Much more fun then just catching the next car in sight, there are not always GT3's around to play with :-)

Wow, sounds like yall had a great weekend! That's awesome that Mr. Harris was there! Doubt he will ever be at my local track hahaha. What was he driving on Sunday, other then the laps he did in Izzones and Jenks car? Very cool picture of the group as well.
He was driving Gavin Richey's (Autoquest) MKI GT3RS and a stock MKI GT3RS to compare and set shocks, they were doing some testing and had asked us to drive a new stock RS as a comparo.
Gavin probably had to apologize to Chris Harris for me hovering around him and Randy and Jenk taking pics and sticking GoPro's where he really did not want them. Than again if you hand someone the keys to your shine new RS at Sebring and tell him have at you can be a bit more forward.

Mike, 3AM; Did you drive straight home??

Yes, open track day sounds nice, but they either need much better passing rules (everywhere) or make different run groups. I got 2 black flags for passing in no passing area's between 1 and 2 and 10 and 13 when a driver decided he had anough, moved over and had his hand out the window to signal that and pointing me by....
Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Sorry I couldn't make it, especially since Randy and Jenk were not familiar with their cars yet, i could've had one more shot at them and then retired. But since I'm doing PBIR wednesday night to check out new setup and then leaving on friday with Peter to RA and VIR, I prefer to stay married for a little longer. I cannot afford an RS and a divorce, it's one or the other.

I recruited Reter to drive to sebring in the morning to work with me, we have one common goal......make Erik point me by
Even if you're all over my *** next month, if you think I'm ever going to give you a point by you are sadly mistaken.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

OK I'm confused...why no passing in the corners? I passed all day in the corners on Saturday. Does Safe not allow passing in the corners when you drove on Sunday?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Does Safe not allow passing in the corners when you drove on Sunday?
Nope!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:36 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

different groups, different rules.

Quick Reply: Sebring This Weekend