Windows up and A/C on max?

Peter did u get a chance to look at the data I sent ya
I will tomorrow. Can't wait.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Peter....AC driver lounge.....what else do we need.....
partagas and cohibas
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
partagas and cohibas
Reter likes Marborlo Lights......

I will bring the Siglo IV I could not find anyone to have one with me thsi weekend
Old 04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

CH is MUCH faster, if I had some grandure imaginations, they dissipated quickly.
maybe it's just tyres. looked like he had more grip on exit.

EDIT - ok, i see everybody on ra-1's.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Looking at the vid again. The speed out of 7 is crazy but Peter with a passenger and using 3rd still catches back up by 10 somewhat. It will good to overlay your 3rd gear vs his 2nd. I seemed like he ran a 23 but it was a low 24
Old 04-11-2011, 11:29 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Looking at the vid again. The speed out of 7 is crazy but Peter with a passenger and using 3rd still catches back up by 10 somewhat. It will good to overlay your 3rd gear vs his 2nd. I seemed like he ran a 23 but it was a low 24
Yes still incredible....1st time at Sebring Chris drives some elses car probably driving to 8/10ths of his skill level and does laps like that.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

OK, couple of things for clarity. I'm only 168 lbs, so, none of that 180 lbs BS! Also, Peter drove lights out. Truly one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in the right seat. Have to hand it to both drivers. Chris was driving 9/10's in someone else's baby and Peter had the added weight - truly awesome on a great track.

Also, I know everyone hates the R888's, but, I had a pretty good weekend on them in the heat and Mike managed a 2:28 in my car (a lowly non RS GT3). Not too shabby.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 PM
GT3 GIRL
Intermediate

Default Chris Harris at Sebring

Originally Posted by Chris Harris
Afternoon all

Now back in the UK after a great few days at Sebring. The quality of the cars, the driving and the people was superb.

Thanks to everyone who came and had a chat: I'm sorry if I didn't manage to be 100% sociable, but we had some quite specific aims with the suspension test we were doing, and, as ever, it took time and it ended up being quite involved.

Huge thanks to Izzone (hope that rear-toe is okay now) and jenk12M for letting me drive their cars. It's not that I don't want photos/GoPro - far from it - more that it adds another dimension of pressure when it's someone else's pride-and-joy, but you still want to post a sensible time in a very brief drive - without handing it back in several pieces! This was confirmed by TRACKCAR lurking in the shadows, then following me out and chasing me around the track!

Excellent fun, and he drove very well.

The Gen 2 car is a completely different animal around Sebring to the Gen 1: front-axle grip, gearing - actually - pretty much every aspect of its performance.

As for Gavin's Gen 1 Rally car - you have to get a ride in that thing. He drives it quite brilliantly and it does seemingly impossible things over the kerbs.

I loved the circuit - so challenging and bumpy. Now have to try and race there!

As for the US Porsche track-day scene - outside of Germany, it has to be the most diverse and exciting around.

Keep up the good work

Best

Chris
Hi Guys,

It was great having Chris at Sebring with us for 3 days. As you all know, he is a phenomenal journalist but above that he is also an extremely talented and a very fast race car driver. To put it in perspective, he turned a 2:20.2 in Gavin's GT3 RS gen 1 on Friday afternoon the first time he had ever driven Sebring and in 90 plus degree heat. When you think that he was out there on Sunday driving 2:23's in Mike's new RS that he had never driven previously was pretty remarkable. I guess all those laps at the Nurburgring with Walter Rorhl as his co driver have paid off. For those of you that don't know, Chris Competes in the VLM series at the Nurburgring with an English team and also drove a stock GT3 RS for the Porsche Factory in last years 24hr race. They finished 13th overall against all the Cup Car entries. Gavin found some places to find time from syncing his and Chris's data. As if he needed to find some time and get THAT much farther ahead of me. I sure hope he shares what he has learned with me!
Chris has invited Gavin to come over and compete in a VLM race at the Nurburgring with him which would be very cool. I hope he does it.

I would also like to thank Mike and Randy for letting Chris drive their cars. It was great for him to be able to compare gen 1 and gen 2 RS's around Sebring. As he stated, there is a considerable difference between the 2 cars. I think 3-4 seconds per lap for stock RS's.

Chris was doing suspension testing comparing stock PASM suspension to the new Exe-tc Suspension that has just been developed for Porsches. This is what is on Gavin's car and Chris also has it on his GT3 back in the UK. Most of you have probably never heard of Exe-tc Suspension. They have built the suspension system for Sebastian Loeb's Citreon that has won the World Rally Championship for the last 8 years. It is remarkable and Chris was totally amazed how well it could deal with the bumps and curbs around Sebring without unsettling the car.

We are hoping to have Chris back over for a couple of days of testing at Road Atlanta later in the year.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yeah, pretty cool to hear how cool our cars sound.
I figure that a 180lb passenger is exacty 1.4 seconds at Sebring. Ive done Sebring with coach in the car; 4x 2:228 in a row. He got and and I did 4x 2:214 in a row.

CH is MUCH faster, if I had some grandure imaginations, they dissipated quickly.
Yeah but he does it for a living and we don't.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
OK, couple of things for clarity. I'm only 168 lbs, so, none of that 180 lbs BS! Also, Peter drove lights out. Truly one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in the right seat. Have to hand it to both drivers. Chris was driving 9/10's in someone else's baby and Peter had the added weight - truly awesome on a great track.

Also, I know everyone hates the R888's, but, I had a pretty good weekend on them in the heat and Mike managed a 2:28 in my car (a lowly non RS GT3). Not too shabby.
I'm on the Offical Most Hated Tire on Rennlist too...The Toyo R888. I have no other choice that I know of. Peter, Jenk and others what are you gonna run when the RA1's stash runs out? Since you trailer you could run Yoko or Hoosier slicks I guess.

Lewis, nothing lowly about your car...remember I'm the black sheep of the family on the outside looking in! LOL
Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

Reter likes Marborlo Lights......
Who's Reter? I dunno what you're talking about!?

Looking at the vid again. The speed out of 7 is crazy but Peter with a passenger and using 3rd still catches back up by 10 somewhat.
Yeah, but not quite. 2nd was faster, I'll look at data..

Yes still incredible....1st time at Sebring Chris drives some elses car probably driving to 8/10ths of his skill level and does laps like that.
Well, that's the difference between us DE'ers and (Semi, Ex) pro's. Shane Lweis was doing 2:18's on Yokohama's in a stock GT3. Just sayin'.

Lewis; Sorry, 168, I compensate a little with my 258, no? That's how you are going to know you are getting up to speed...when you start hating the R888's ;-)
and also drove a stock GT3 RS for the Porsche Factory in last years 24hr race. They finished 13th overall against all the Cup Car entries.
It was not mentioned in the above pages, but seriously; It goes without mentioning right and everyone knows this as old news https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=59610

We are hoping to have Chris back over for a couple of days of testing at Road Atlanta later in the year.
This Saturday is later in the year; Join us!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:07 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

if chris was riding alone, then that's the difference right there.
welcome to the forum, chris!
i like the vln factory overalls, they look very jazzy.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Great thread! Would love to run with you guys! I will not miss 48 hrs next year. I will be there for sure.

Trackcar... you're my new hero!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by mdrums
I'm on the Offical Most Hated Tire on Rennlist too...The Toyo R888. I have no other choice that I know of. Peter, Jenk and others what are you gonna run when the RA1's stash runs out? Since you trailer you could run Yoko or Hoosier slicks I guess.

Lewis, nothing lowly about your car...remember I'm the black sheep of the family on the outside looking in! LOL
I've always run r6's before so I will back to those but not until the secret stash runs out
Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

Great thread! Would love to run with you guys! I will not miss 48 hrs next year. I will be there for sure.
Leave car here in Jan and Feb!

PBOC Winterfest in January for best driving experience in SuperSolo! Open passing everywhere without point by.
48hours in Feb for the best Porsche experience. Open practice was interesting, 70CUP cars on slick, half of them crazy fast, the other half turning Sebring laps for the first time, bouncing off the track in front and behind me and us with a couple of cars with license plates in between.

When the stash runs out I get to do all the tracks over on R6, after that I get to do them all over on slicks....

Quick Reply: Sebring This Weekend