Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Mike, what did you do to those poor exhaust tips?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 1st owner got a sharky bypass but wanted different tips. so, alex sends me a email saying those arent his tips and he doesnt know how they will hold up on the track. this pic was after the very 1st session on sat where its a standing yellow session to get everything warmed up. go at speed but no passing anywhere. i showed alex the pic, we both laughed and there are a set of sharky tips on the way already.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2011, 02:32 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris Harris
Afternoon all

Now back in the UK after a great few days at Sebring. The quality of the cars, the driving and the people was superb.

Thanks to everyone who came and had a chat: I'm sorry if I didn't manage to be 100% sociable, but we had some quite specific aims with the suspension test we were doing, and, as ever, it took time and it ended up being quite involved.

Huge thanks to Izzone (hope that rear-toe is okay now) and jenk12M for letting me drive their cars. It's not that I don't want photos/GoPro - far from it - more that it adds another dimension of pressure when it's someone else's pride-and-joy, but you still want to post a sensible time in a very brief drive - without handing it back in several pieces! This was confirmed by TRACKCAR lurking in the shadows, then following me out and chasing me around the track!

Excellent fun, and he drove very well.

The Gen 2 car is a completely different animal around Sebring to the Gen 1: front-axle grip, gearing - actually - pretty much every aspect of its performance.

As for Gavin's Gen 1 Rally car - you have to get a ride in that thing. He drives it quite brilliantly and it does seemingly impossible things over the kerbs.

I loved the circuit - so challenging and bumpy. Now have to try and race there!

As for the US Porsche track-day scene - outside of Germany, it has to be the most diverse and exciting around.

Keep up the good work

Best

Chris
chris, i was happy to hand over the keys. we didnt want to add any pressure but its hard to resist some data or video with someone of your stature in this business is around. i cant believe that was your 1st time at sebring. now we have to try and get over the water one day
Old 04-11-2011, 02:33 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by sin911
Mike, what did you do to those poor exhaust tips?
i didnt put those on. they were on the car when i got it. i guess i went a little to fast for their liking
Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
jenk12m
Banned

some pics of chris in the car and randy harassing him and a group shot.

another highlight was atl fahrer letting drive his brand .2 GT3. i had never driven the 3 and just wanted to see how much better it was than my old 3. lets just say i went out and did a 28.8 out of nowhere on the 3rd lap and didnt feel like i was working hard for it. i also couldnt heel/toe with the stock pedals. i have no chance with stock pedals. thanks lewis, im glad i was able to help you pick up the pace even though im not that fast myself
Attached Images    
Old 04-11-2011, 02:44 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jenk12m
well now i know my car can stay in front of peter
Now you have a totally different pressure, keeping in front of Peter in your car, knowing the car can do

Great fun guys, keep pics and vids coming
Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
jenk12m
Banned

i know im post whoring right now. i just had a really good time at sebring with my fellow rennlisters. here are some pics before the car got down and dirty on the track
Attached Images   
Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

Absolutely terrific weekend and very interesting track format with SAFE. Had a ball out at Sebring and will definitely be back for Winterfest. Big thanks to Randy, Mike and Peter for showing me around the track. During the first day, I was running pretty consistent and "sucky" .42's. After rides withe the guys, was able to drop down to .31's. Not bad for my first Sebring and only second track event with the GT. Still a long way to go!

Also, it was really great to meet Chris (big fan), Eddie, Peter, Andrew, and Mike (MDRUMS) as well as every one else.

Finally, somethimg about the car. I absolutely love it. HUGE move from my 996 C4S and a true track animal. Can't wait to get more time in her.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend in my hometown - The ATL
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Absolutely terrific weekend and very interesting track format with SAFE. Had a ball out at Sebring and will definitely be back for Winterfest. Big thanks to Randy, Mike and Peter for showing me around the track. During the first day, I was running pretty consistent and "sucky" .42's. After rides withe the guys, was able to drop down to .31's. Not bad for my first Sebring and only second track event with the GT. Still a long way to go!

Also, it was really great to meet Chris (big fan), Eddie, Peter, Andrew, and Mike (MDRUMS) as well as every one else.

Finally, somethimg about the car. I absolutely love it. HUGE move from my 996 C4S and a true track animal. Can't wait to get more time in her.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend in my hometown - The ATL
I got only a little work done today! I've been thinking of the track, watching this thread and trying so dang hard not to be jealous of you GT3/GT3RS guys! ARRRGH! One day - one day hopefully...come on Porsche!

Sitting in Jenks car and seeing how well I fit since he moved the seat down and back was awesome. Thanks Mike! Then going for a awesome ride with Izzone all strapped in the 6 point makes me want to never go back to the track without proper seats and harness. I have to hold on to the steering wheel for dear life in my car!

I was so busy running from my students car to mine I totally forgot to go out in the blue group with all you guys. I hope you understand and do not think I did not want to drive with you all. I did not realize it until I moved my student up into blue and we were giving you all points by's.

You guys have some awesome cars and should be proud of them rightly so and proud of the way you all drove. For some it was there 1st time and others they are still new at Sebring and plus driving new cars.

Everyone did awesome and took the trophy home! Congrat's...just a real pleasent happy day for me and my friends.

Last edited by mdrums; 04-11-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Pity on all of you Sebring boys

I would have driven to Sebring just to meet Chris Harris, let alone sit next to him while he drives my car.

What a great opportunity I lost (without knowing it, Thank Reter!!!).

CH is faster than Reter !!!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
One more pic......this was the start of the weekend

Titan Motorsports had their turbo Lambo out there.....battery died......AtlFaher to the rescue
Apparently all she wanted was a good nights rest.... got to the shop today and she fired up and was fine.... damn itallians.

Poured over some data and I can't even describe with how impressed I am with some of the results of our initial shakedown runs in her. With a good set of pads in her she should have a low teen if not lower..... 175mph going into 17 braking a good 200-300 feet before the markers and all temps (coolant/oil/etc) were stock or better!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
jenk12m
Banned

175 is insane, that lambo is close to 700hp or something like that correct?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
175 is insane, that lambo is close to 700hp or something like that correct?
I have ridden in it, insane acceleration

I believe Titan is bringing their semi (come on wes) to RA for PCA and will maybe bring this gem. Trying to hitch a ride for Giesha
Old 04-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yes, open track day sounds nice, but they either need much better passing rules (everywhere) or make different run groups. I got 2 black flags for passing in no passing area's between 1 and 2 and 10 and 13 when a driver decided he had anough, moved over and had his hand out the window to signal that and pointing me by....
I got black flagged too......I am not a fan of Safe, lots of time too many half laps due to lack of point by's
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chris Harris
Afternoon all

Now back in the UK after a great few days at Sebring. The quality of the cars, the driving and the people was superb.

Thanks to everyone who came and had a chat: I'm sorry if I didn't manage to be 100% sociable, but we had some quite specific aims with the suspension test we were doing, and, as ever, it took time and it ended up being quite involved.

Huge thanks to Izzone (hope that rear-toe is okay now) and jenk12M for letting me drive their cars. It's not that I don't want photos/GoPro - far from it - more that it adds another dimension of pressure when it's someone else's pride-and-joy, but you still want to post a sensible time in a very brief drive - without handing it back in several pieces! This was confirmed by TRACKCAR lurking in the shadows, then following me out and chasing me around the track!

Excellent fun, and he drove very well.

The Gen 2 car is a completely different animal around Sebring to the Gen 1: front-axle grip, gearing - actually - pretty much every aspect of its performance.

As for Gavin's Gen 1 Rally car - you have to get a ride in that thing. He drives it quite brilliantly and it does seemingly impossible things over the kerbs.

I loved the circuit - so challenging and bumpy. Now have to try and race there!

As for the US Porsche track-day scene - outside of Germany, it has to be the most diverse and exciting around.

Keep up the good work

Best

Chris
Chris.....it was great meeting you. Gavin called today and is working with me on alignment before Roebling this weekend....hopefully

Come back to Sebring....Reter needs to be put in his place. but do it when it is not so awfully hot

I agree with you the gen 2 RS is very different from the gen 1

Quick Reply: Sebring This Weekend