Old 04-21-2011, 03:35 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
bose are for low end GT3's.
this one has bermester...
Guys you forgot about the standard heated seats and sunroof

It's shocking how one photoshopped document can get so many reactions. I'm not a particular fan of this guy but the title of his book says it all:

Old 04-21-2011, 01:08 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
bose are for low end GT3's.
this one has bermester...
bergmeister or burmester?
maybe it'll have mark levinson?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Polesitter
Aussie Jimmy,

If you are correct about the displacement increase coming from a longer stroke, won't that make a higher redline even more difficult to warranty and increase manufacturing costs ? It also may not spool up quite as quickly as a short stroke. I hate to lose any of the existing engine's character. It is just too damned good. I guess we will soon know.
yes. the crankshaft in the rsr is crazy bespoke. if they use that, then we have a classic on our hands...... i thought the nikasil bores are maxed at 3.8 / 3.9???? so could this end up being a stroker?
there's too much talk around; we either gonna be amazed or underwhelmed. no middle ground now.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
bergmeister or burmester?
maybe it'll have mark levinson?
I wouldn't mind having Bergmeister take me around for a couple of laps.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:40 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,788 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
yes. the crankshaft in the rsr is crazy bespoke. if they use that, then we have a classic on our hands.
And if they use the RSR's individual throttle butterfly injection, then I'm selling the house to buy one
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
jenk12m
Banned

I can only imagine the reaction if Porsche doesn't go all out for this one
Old 04-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

The nice thing about low expectations is that one is rarely disappointed and even more rarely surprised.

I hope this one is an outlier.....500 HP, 8,800 rpm, RSR lite look, 2,900 lbs, no goofy options, no gimmicky dash clocks, no boy racer graphics. Just do it right, give Mezger his nod and give us a true '73 RS legend fighter. Just once throw away the margin driven idea of giving the loyal core audience a $35,000 bill for $5,000 of parts and instead deliver something over the top. Give us something that will have boundlessly more soul than McLaren can ever genetically engineer in his sano lab. Give us a new legend.Then move on to the inevitably cost and platform sharing driven successor.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
I can only imagine the reaction if Porsche doesn't go all out for this one
So can McLaren.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The nice thing about low expectations is that one is rarely disappointed and even more rarely surprised.

I hope this one is an outlier.....500 HP, 8,800 rpm, RSR lite look, 2,900 lbs, no goofy options, no gimmicky dash clocks, no boy racer graphics. Just do it right, give Mezger his nod and give us a true '73 RS legend fighter. Just once throw away the margin driven idea of giving the loyal core audience a $35,000 bill for $5,000 of parts and instead deliver something over the top. Give us something that will have boundlessly more soul than McLaren can ever genetically engineer in his sano lab. Give us a new legend.Then move on to the inevitably cost and platform sharing driven successor.
Well said. And here's hoping.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM
tripleblack
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Well said. And here's hoping.
Ditto.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:37 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

What's wrong with boy racer graphics?

As if the this kind of car is anything but a very expensive toy. Relax and don't take yourself so seriously. What we are doing here is a high impact version of playing with Barbie dolls.

I love my boy racer graphics and crazy wing uprights. Unlike a riced up Civic the car can back all that stuff up.

I do have a "civilian" car for when I am not playing boy racer.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

boy ricer decals...gone! peeled them when the car came off the transporter!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:06 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Here here except I say full RSR look and yes no graphics, then again I'm partial to no graphics
Attached Images     
Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Now we're talking. We can send fedex amaist a couple of decal sets so we don't have to peel them. As long as we're dreaming how about they throw in an LSD that works, factory cage (screw DOT), factory 5 point Schroth, full titanium exhaust system, braided stainless lines and a few throwback colors. I need to wake up.....

Quick Reply: new GT3RS 4.0L 500HP?