Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Clear Bra Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 AM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Clear Bra Install

Just thought I would throw some pics out there of my recent clear bra install. I had a front half and rear splash bra installed on my C4S and was pretty pleased.

After talking with several people, I decided to go with full hood/fenders/rocker panel and on this car. I did not do the A-pillars. For those that that track the car, what has been your experience on the need to cover the A-pillars?

Pics of the install and a couple from my trip to N. Georgia this past weekend. Sorry for the quality - iPhone pics...
Attached Images        
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

If you're tracking the A-pillar and leading edge of roof will pick up a lot of clag. Additionally, rear fenders take a beating, both on front half from sticking out in harms way and on lower rear from tire spray.

Up to you how far you want to go but expect to see some impact in these areas after your first track day.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

who did the install? and where in n ga did you go? looks nice
Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 AM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
If you're tracking the A-pillar and leading edge of roof will pick up a lot of clag. Additionally, rear fenders take a beating, both on front half from sticking out in harms way and on lower rear from tire spray.

Up to you how far you want to go but expect to see some impact in these areas after your first track day.
Thanks. The rocker panel coverage included the rear fenders fore (equal to the original coverage area) as well as the low spot aft of the wheel. Sounds like I should go ahead and do the A-pillars as well...

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
who did the install? and where in n ga did you go? looks nice
Atlanta Protective Films - http://www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com/ - (Derek) did the install. Absolutely no affiliation. Derek does most of the work for the exotics (minus Porsche Dealers) here in Atlanta and this is the second job that he has done for me. I've got to say that I have been very pleased with the attention to detail and the price paid for the work. Top notch.

On the ride, I went up on the roads just north of Dahlonega. Effectively, take a left on County Road 19 towards Dahlonega off of 400 and follow to you see a big rock pile (about 13.25 miles) - bear left on Hwy 60. Lots of good twisty's as well as great places to explore. Wasn't as fulfilling as usual, lots of gravel remnants from the recent snow and ice.

Last edited by ATL Fahrer; 02-11-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 AM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Thanks. The rocker panel coverage included the rear fenders fore (equal to the original coverage area) as well as the low spot aft of the wheel. Sounds like I should go ahead and do the A-pillars as well...

Atlanta Protective Films - http://www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com/ - (Derek) did the install. Absolutely no affiliation. Derek does most of the work for the exotics (minus Porsche) here in Atlanta and this is the second job that he has done for me. I've got to say that I have been very pleased with the attention to detail and the price paid for the work. Top notch.

On the ride, I went up on the roads just north of Dahlonega. Effectively, take a left on County Road 19 towards Dahlonega off of 400 and follow to you see a big rock pile (about 13.25 miles) - bear left on Hwy 60. Lots of good twisty's as well as great places to explore. Wasn't as fulfilling as usual, lots of gravel remnants from the recent snow and ice.
can you pm me the price for this install?
are you looking at the AMP track that is under construction in the dawsonville area? hopefully it makes it to completion. the neighbors arent too keen on the idea of a track in their backyards though. i havent heard anything in a while about it.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Derek is a top notch installer. I can vouch for his skills. Derek, good job young man

Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Don't forget the mirrors.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:41 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I see a full clear bra (Excluding engine lid) in my future.
Just though on white car, just like my vinyl wrap they do yellow after a few years..
Old 02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Don't forget the mirrors.
Mirrors were part of the hood/fender package

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I see a full clear bra (Excluding engine lid) in my future.
Just though on white car, just like my vinyl wrap they do yellow after a few years..
I talked with Derek about the "yellowing" of the film and he mentioned something about being careful with petroleum based cleaning/polish products. Also, on the hood and fenders, I went with Xpel's new premium product which really looks nice. A LOT better than the older product - no orange peel!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:10 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Derek did my black series as well. Very good work. Next time you take a drive up north, give me a shout
Old 02-12-2011, 03:02 AM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm planning on getting my '10 done soon. Additionally, something for the windshield. My 2007 developed a lot of pitting after 4 years.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 PM
kaamacat
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AtlF....DrDrilz....Jenk........I do a boatload of drives on a somewhat regular basis, many with the LotusClub, FChat...etc. (Basically covering from NW Ellijay to as far NEast as Highlands/Cashiers
and above). Basically so no two drives are the same, distance ~170 with the occasional 250 range.

Next time I get one going, or one is up I'll post somewhere out here in the Eastern regional section.
(Been scouting the roads on the bike for a few weeks now already to see where/where not the salt and gravel still is)

BobR
Old 02-13-2011, 12:19 AM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

I'm definitely up for a ride! Gotta say though, I was up there last week and all the gravel/sand on the roads made things, shall we say, "interesting".
Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 AM
kaamacat
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark this link for future use..........Whenever Im out in the car or on one of the cycles I've kept up with the roads...(Im waiting for 60 to be clear all the way up to Morganton, but every nice turn that has tree coverage.......well also had gravel).

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311799

Sorry for side-tracking on your original post......On that note, I plan on getting my hood/fenders completed now, while they are still clean. Too bad on white though, some edges catch the dirt that "recirculates" under edges...
Old 02-13-2011, 12:25 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look forward to meeting you guys on a Mtn run pretty soon as long as the weather stays like this. I'll just stay in the back with my .1 GT3. Haha

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Install