Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Just wanted to give my thumbs up to these awesome jackstands. Mine were shipped promptly and I had a chance to use them for the first time over the weekend.

With my "low profile" jack, the jack + jack pad ALMOST fit but not quite. Easy enough to jack up the car, place a piece of wood under one wheel, and then re-jack with the pad. After that the jack fit under the remaining 3 corners.
Attached Images   

Last edited by drl; 10-11-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: image added
Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 AM
May911-85
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
Just wanted to give my thumbs up to these awesome jackstands. Mine were shipped promptly and I had a chance to use them for the first time over the weekend.

With my "low profile" jack, the jack + jack pad ALMOST fit but not quite. Easy enough to jack up the car, place a piece of wood under one wheel, and then re-jack with the pad. After that the jack fit under the remaining 3 corners.
Thanks for the pics and the comments
Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by drl

So speaking of the jack fitting under the remaining three corners... If you jack up one back corner, and when you're high enough, give a few extra pumps, you will be able to also insert the front stand, meaning that you only have to jack the two rear corners to put all four stands in
Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Also requesting a PM if there is a group buy / rennlist discount.
I'm interested in 2 pairs (4 stands total).
Finish does not matter= cheapest.

P.S.-- I've never had any car, truck, suv slip off a jack/jackstand until the 997. Has slipped off twice. Broke an underbody plastic panel (they're pretty cheap, surprisingly), and darn near chopped off my ring finger (no exaggeration-- took a big chunk out of my finger.) I think the only reason my finger didn't get chopped off is that when the car and jack came down on my finger, the finger got bent and shoved away by the metal, making it more of a glancing chop. If something had held my finger still, I'm pretty sure it would have been chopped off. My finger now has a permanent big lump, and is crooked. Since then, I've been in the market for either a Bend-Pak type lift or these jackstands. Hey, is a testimonial worth anything?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

Ditto- I'd go for 4, also don't care what colour- we're talking jackstands here!! And I'm colourblind anyway, my cars are silver and white...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

One more for 2 pair. Finish does not matter.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:22 AM
May911-85
Advanced

Check for pm
Old 10-12-2011, 12:40 AM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put me down for a set..
Old 10-13-2011, 01:17 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by drl

Just wondering which "low profile" jack you have or what its minimum pickup height is.

Hat sent - Thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
Just wondering which "low profile" jack you have or what its minimum pickup height is.

Hat sent - Thanks!
Arcan XL 3.5 ton Low Profile floor jack, the one sold at Costco. For the price seemed like a good deal. This jack gets good reviews on many car forums, whereas similarly priced HF and Craftsman get pretty miserable reviews. The thing is a beast and weighs a ton so will be a good stay-at-home jack.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Wow very cool toy...I mean tool!

I may have to pick up a set for next year.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:08 AM
David Schacht
Instructor

Please include me for a set of 4 also, finish not important, lowest cost
Old 10-14-2011, 01:54 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
So speaking of the jack fitting under the remaining three corners... If you jack up one back corner, and when you're high enough, give a few extra pumps, you will be able to also insert the front stand, meaning that you only have to jack the two rear corners to put all four stands in
Is this correct? You jack one side from the rear and place the stands at the front and rear on that side. You then jack up the other side from the rear and place the other two stands on that side.
I have thought of doing it this way but it did not seem stable to me.
This is how you do it with no problem?
Thanks, Rich
Old 10-14-2011, 02:21 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
Is this correct? You jack one side from the rear and place the stands at the front and rear on that side. You then jack up the other side from the rear and place the other two stands on that side.
I have thought of doing it this way but it did not seem stable to me.
This is how you do it with no problem?
Thanks, Rich
Yup, that's the way.

Pics kind of show this. You can imagine the front wheel is also off the ground in the first picture, and the second shows what the car looks like at that point.
Attached Images   
Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks. That is how I 'll do it next time.
Rich

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???