Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Stoptech Sport Trophy Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

I hope they arrive soon.......my rear pads are done from Sebring this weekend.....and I go back Sunday
Old 01-15-2011, 01:50 PM
On Pole
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my kit yesterday.
Attached Images      
Old 01-15-2011, 02:50 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

beautiful car and a great upgrade!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

very nice set-up - love it!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:43 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As usual I'm late to the party, but for those of you looking for serious brake hardware, consider Performance Friction. My 997 Cup/Ex WC came from 3R with a multi-pad PFC kit and it's fantastic.

Not trying to stir the pot...I have no experience with StopTech and limited with Brembo.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

more importantly, on pole, how do they perform?
need a report!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:21 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Very sexxxy.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
On Pole
Racer

Thanks! I won't have a chance to drive the car until the spring time here. I need to buy track pads and R6s.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by On Pole
Thanks! I won't have a chance to drive the car until the spring time here. I need to buy track pads and R6s.
I run Endless ME20 with my Stoptech STR

Very linear....I will take out pads this week....I have four days on them to see wear

As installed it loos like no beveling
Old 01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Izzone,

How do the endless compare to Pagid yellows or PFC 01's ???

I really do not like Pagid Yellows... no hard bite
Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mobonic
Izzone,

How do the endless compare to Pagid yellows or PFC 01's ???

I really do not like Pagid Yellows... no hard bite
I have never used them to compare......I had ceramics before with P50.....bite was to immediate for me

When I installed the Stop Tech, it was Endless ME20 to start
Old 01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
On Pole
Racer

Default I'm not sold on Endless yet

S55G Compound
Suitable for street and track. Great initial response. Superb modulation. S55G enables drivers to use high levels of pedal pressure without wheel lock. Targeted for light to medium weight cars and circuits with low to medium top speeds. Most often used in One-Make races.

ME22 Compound
Suitable for both street and track, ME22 was developed from the ME20 base compound. ME22 offers slightly lower friction levels than ME20 to improve modulation. Development is focused on light to middle weight cars.

ME20 Compound
Suitable for both street and track, ME20 is a competition pad with strong yet stable mu levels at high temperatures while maintaining low wear. Developed for highly competitive touring cars focused on driving technique. Popular in BTCC, WTCC, PWRC, International Rally, etc.

N03W Compound
Track only compound with lower initial bite to increase ease of modulation. Quick response with consistent and stable mu levels. Low pad wear.

N35S Compound
Track only compound that exhibits stable performance at high temperatures and brake loads with quick, sharp and responsive friction. Extremely stable and superb modulation. Popular in WRC, FIA GT Car, International Rally, and various One-Make races. Quite often our first recommendation for track-only cars.

N05U Compound
Track only compound with higher friction levels than N35S. Exhibits stable performance at high temperatures and brake loads with quick, sharp and responsive braking force. Excellent modulation. Popular in WRC, FIA GT Car, PWRC, International Rally, and various One-Make races.

N05S Compound
Exhibits immediate, high levels of friction with little pedal effort resulting in a quick reacting car that maintains good modulation. Used in all Japan Rally Championship cars without brake boosters.

W003 Compound
Track only compound developed for racing conditions with very high braking temperatures. Developed using new production technology, it exhibits superb initial bite and pedal feel with the best modulation characteristics of our entire sprint compound series. Combined with lower wear characteristics than the N##S series, the W003 is the ideal compound for sprint road racing.

MA45B Compound
Developed for endurance racing and immensely popular in Europe with a long history of great race results. Used by the majority of entrants in the Nurburgring and Spa 24-hour races. Lower mu levels with great stability ensures high performance throughout the entire race. Excellent modulation and stability.

Sintered Compounds
Typically for heavier cars, the sintered line of compounds is suitable for an entire 3 ~ 24-hour endurance race. Circuit only. Ideal pad wear when used below 550 celsius. New pads/rotors recommended before each race. Various sintered compound types available. Popular in the Nurburgring 24-hour, 24 hours at Le Mans and Tokachi 24-hour.

W007 Compounds
Circuit use only. Designed specifically for use with Brembo S.G.L CCM (Carbon Ceramic Matrix), Porsche PCCB, and Nissan GT-R Spec V (NCCB) disks. This brake compound has really good heat resistance and is very kind towards Carbon Ceramic disks. Development and testing was done on the Nurburgring circuit. Thermo-paint is definitely recommended for the brake rotors as this brake pad has really good heat resistance to match the heat capacity of CCM Rotors.

W008 Compounds
OEM Brake pads for the Brembo S.G.L CCM, Porsche PCCB, Nissan NCCB system have been deemed to have certain weakpoints in pad wear, and temperature resistance. The W008 was born from the W007, and can be used for street, and circuit use. This pad has good heat resistance, pad wear, anti-fade characteristics, and pedal feeling. This pad requires the use of OEM anti-noise shims.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,658 Likes on 770 Posts

MA45B Compound
Developed for endurance racing and immensely popular in Europe with a long history of great race results. Used by the majority of entrants in the Nurburgring and Spa 24-hour races. Lower mu levels with great stability ensures high performance throughout the entire race. Excellent modulation and stability.

Sintered Compounds
Typically for heavier cars, the sintered line of compounds is suitable for an entire 3 ~ 24-hour endurance race. Circuit only. Ideal pad wear when used below 550 celsius. New pads/rotors recommended before each race. Various sintered compound types available. Popular in the Nurburgring 24-hour, 24 hours at Le Mans and Tokachi 24-hour.
I wonder how they last compared to Pagid R29..
Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

i wouldnt bother with gt3 brake upgrade unless deciding to run grand-am cup or something.. Especially the 997.2.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
i wouldnt bother with gt3 brake upgrade unless deciding to run grand-am cup or something.. Especially the 997.2.
I wouldn't be worried about their performance. There is more than enough caliper+rotor to do the job very well.

What bugs me is the stupid rear caliper design. Especially in a 911 where the rear brakes do get to work unlike a front engined car. So pad changes would be more frequent. Removing the caliper to change pads is ghetto. Makes it look like an unmodified BMW.

If someone would make a viable rear caliper replacement kit I'd be all over it.

Quick Reply: Stoptech Sport Trophy Big Brake Kit