Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Let me get this straight, if one were to order this particular Exclusive option...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1

here is a picture of my 'old' '07 with center console painted:

Looks nice, did the same with my incoming 2011 RS. Did the console get dinged being so close to the seatbelt receptacle area?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Looks nice, did the same with my incoming 2011 RS. Did the console get dinged being so close to the seatbelt receptacle area?
nope, there is a foam pad on the back of the seatbelt recepticle that prevents that, so the only way it would get scratched is through "pilot error" ...

I wish I had the chance to paint my new cars ctr console in ext color (but I bought it off the lot ... no spec this time) ...

might swap the leather for CF ... just to add some bling

I also recommend the contrasting seatbelts, esp if you have PCCB
Old 07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
NelsonF
Pro

nope, there is a foam pad on the back of the seatbelt recepticle that prevents that, so the only way it would get scratched is through "pilot error" ...

I wish I had the chance to paint my new cars ctr console in ext color (but I bought it off the lot ... no spec this time) ...

might swap the leather for CF ... just to add some bling

I also recommend the contrasting seatbelts, esp if you have PCCB

Yup, it would be from pilot error, when putting the belt into the receptacle and missing-hitting the console with the metal portion instead. Just need to take care I guess. I was initially going with CF but already had that in my previous GT2 so time for a new look (white with red trim w/red console).
Old 07-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Yup, it would be from pilot error, when putting the belt into the receptacle and missing-hitting the console with the metal portion instead. Just need to take care I guess. I was initially going with CF but already had that in my previous GT2 so time for a new look (white with red trim w/red console).
red console will look awesome with red belts too ... very nice!

Old 07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Default GT3

Thanks, hope so. I have PCCB though, so hope it's not too OTT-(was thinking the RS should be a bit bolder than standard). Concerning the OP's question, I went full leather w/ standard alcantara storage bin lid-no XLG. Can't wait!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone. Very helpful.

I forgot to list it on my options list, but yes I did alreday spec the car with both CLA thicker steering wheel and P03 sport buckets.

Thanks for the heads-up about XDZ. I will look into that, though I'm still not certain what part of the console that involves. Got any pics?

I will likely add the alcantara sun visors as well as do something with the center console as it will be one large remaining piece that is still in cheap looking plastic. I'm just having a hard time deciding between painted to match aqua blue exterior or leather....
Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by masmole

I forgot to list it on my options list, but yes I did alreday spec the car with both CLA thicker steering wheel and P03 sport buckets.

Thanks for the heads-up about XDZ. I will look into that, though I'm still not certain what part of the console that involves. Got any pics?

I will likely add the alcantara sun visors as well as do something with the center console as it will be one large remaining piece that is still in cheap looking plastic. I'm just having a hard time deciding between painted to match aqua blue exterior or leather....
PAINT IT!!! or go CF ... IMHO!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911dev
If you are going full leather -I did w/my 10- I'd recommend addng XDZ which gives you continuing full leather and stitching at the base of the PCM/front of gearshift. Otherwise, it'll be plastic sans stitching of course.

I think that the embossed model logo adds stitching to the Alcantara, which would be very cool; maybe I'm wrong. My full leather option added Alcantara w/no stitching.

Another option is to go leather on the center console lid. It's only $180; Alcantara probably looks more at home and is more useful though. And, of course full leather on the center console itself is beautiful but pricey as you know.

Anyway, I'm telling you XDZ ($265+/-) and you'll love it.

Skip SC unless you really want it. It kind of spoils full leather imo. You can still adjust most if not everything w/o SC. I did, however, was unabe to adjust the door locks and a trip to the dealer did not help that. They were unable to adjust door locks either. I'm sure you already know this but the sport button still comes w/o SC; the configurator suggests otherwise.

I wish I knew about the Alcantara visors. They sound nice. FTR, my stickers came off after much work, many Heineken and some neck pain. So did my seat back stickers w/ ease though. Hate those things.
warm them with a hairdryer ... that will help!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 PM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I've got some sticky residue on the back seats after taking off the stickers. What do I use to clean it?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lighter Fluid (Naptha)
or
3M Adhesive Remover
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The plastic between the gearshift lever and the centre console. Just in front of the open storage compartment in behind the gearshift lever.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:53 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When looking at a full leather interior look at where the stitching ends at the very bottom of the PCM. Notice the gap (plastic) between the gearshfit boot where the Alcantara stitching begins. That plastic piece which also wraps around each side of the base of the PCM becomes leather w/stitching.

I'll try to get some pices when I can. Trust me though, if you like full leather you'll like this. It should come with the full leather option.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by 9972RS
I've got some sticky residue on the back seats after taking off the stickers. What do I use to clean it?
What MJones said. 3M remover is what Porsche recommends for paint too.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM
911dev
Drifting

warm them with a hairdryer ... that will help!
Thanks! Another good use for my fiancee's expensive hair dryer. "Honey, WHAT are you doing with my hair dryer? Do you know what I paid for that? Just put it back when you're done!"
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 AM
erenyes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumperplugs will paint your center console to match and do a better job at it than Porsche and it will cost you less, only downside it will not be on your spec sheet....

Quick Reply: Let me get this straight, if one were to order this particular Exclusive option...