Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

How "good" is OEM roll cage

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010 | 05:15 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
But OEM cage on any new GT3 requires welding (plates), no?
Not required but good idea to weld the sandwich plate with the three bolts under the tub once you make sure the cage is situate in the proper location. No need to weld the plate under the foot of the cage. To answer your question, welding is not required but you need to cut the mounting plates to fit various contour of the tub ... ask me how I know
Old 09-07-2010 | 10:01 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

So you have decided to go w/ OEM full cage?!
Old 09-07-2010 | 11:26 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

^
Yes he did and for an unknown reason once he received it he started removing the carpets and throwing them away. I am suspecting a disease, informally known as the “stripper disease”. Now we are trying to find the initial host of the virus.
Known suspects are living among us here on Rennlist. Beware!
Old 09-07-2010 | 12:30 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikymu
Not required but good idea to weld the sandwich plate with the three bolts under the tub once you make sure the cage is situate in the proper location. No need to weld the plate under the foot of the cage. To answer your question, welding is not required but you need to cut the mounting plates to fit various contour of the tub ... ask me how I know
How is welding not required if the car (mine, not yours) didn't come with mounting plates? Below is the mounting plate kit from FVD for OEM Clubsport bar. Don't see how these attach without welding.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: How "good" is OEM roll cage