Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Race-Keeper data system

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by billstevens61
Yes - upgrade to Comparo will be available at the website tomorrow.
Thanks Bill, all my friends use Traqmate but I've seen so many issues with it I am scared to by Traqmate....I'm not the best at solving computer type of tech issues....and I've seen that Race Keeper is simple and plug and play and it just seems to work.

My issue now is I am a Mac Powerbook user and none of these system work on Apple products.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Thanks Bill, all my friends use Traqmate but I've seen so many issues with it I am scared to by Traqmate....I'm not the best at solving computer type of tech issues....and I've seen that Race Keeper is simple and plug and play and it just seems to work.

My issue now is I am a Mac Powerbook user and none of these system work on Apple products.
This spells trouble for Traqmate! : )

As for Mac, I run the Race Keeper software (Windows 7) on Parallels on the Mac. An older (2008) Macbook is ample. On the new (last week) quad core sandy bridge based Mac, Parallels and Windows 7 ticks along marvelously.

RK has spoken of a Mac OS X port of RK Comparo for quite some time. It would be nice. : )
Old 03-29-2011, 10:51 PM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MBE CAN/ECU data module released this week. MBE appears to be a European ecu.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

I seemed to have missed this, but the MOTEC data module to capture MOTEC data with Race-Keeper is now available.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
This spells trouble for Traqmate! : )

As for Mac, I run the Race Keeper software (Windows 7) on Parallels on the Mac. An older (2008) Macbook is ample. On the new (last week) quad core sandy bridge based Mac, Parallels and Windows 7 ticks along marvelously.

RK has spoken of a Mac OS X port of RK Comparo for quite some time. It would be nice. : )
Thanks...so I'd have to buy Windows 7 too...arrrgh...I hate this.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Anyone having a problem viewing their outings? Everytime I try to open an outing the program closes. I have done the recent updates. New PC, lots of ram, windows 7.

Bummer
Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 AM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

No, you don't need Windows 7. I run on Vista just fine, and it ran on Windows XP back when I had a machine that ran that.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 AM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stujelly
Anyone having a problem viewing their outings? Everytime I try to open an outing the program closes. I have done the recent updates. New PC, lots of ram, windows 7.

Bummer
Stujelly: What version of Comparo are you running? I will load the latest version on my Windows 7 machine and let you know. You might try just uninstalling and reinstalling Comparo.

Did you check the discussion forums on the website to see if anyone else had that issue? I seem to remember having that issue, and the fix was not complicated (uninstall - reinstall IIRR).
Old 04-06-2011, 12:45 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

That is good advice let me check it out.

Thanks for the support
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 AM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stujelly
That is good advice let me check it out.

Thanks for the support
There is a note on the support discussion forum on the Race-Keeper website that talks about a user who was experiencing Comparo crashes. The reason was that he was importing the session folders to the root directory of his hard drive (ie X:\session-folder). The fix was to import the session folders to a sub folder (ie X:\sessions\session-folder). If this is the case, move the session folders to a sub folder and them let Comparo find them there.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:15 AM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

For anyone who has the bullet cams, or how is thinking about them, I understand that they are marked, in very small letters, 'Top'. Look for that mark when installing. I have been so familiar to the square cams that I forgot about that mark this past weekend.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 PM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

mdrums: Sorry, I did not read your note completely. Comparo does NOT require Windows 7. It will run on XP or Vista. Hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:43 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by billstevens61
mdrums: Sorry, I did not read your note completely. Comparo does NOT require Windows 7. It will run on XP or Vista. Hope this helps.
Thanks Bill....still confused on this though....I have a MacBook Pro but I will need a program like Parallels to run Windows 7, which I will also have to buy to run Race Keeper or TrackMate correct?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:48 AM
BnS Racing
Former Vendor

Thanks Bill....still confused on this though....I have a MacBook Pro but I will need a program like Parallels to run Windows 7, which I will also have to buy to run Race Keeper or TrackMate correct?
Mike, for the time being, until Race-Keeper releases Comparo for Mac/Linux, that is the case - running a version of Windows under Parallels. Hopefully, it will be released soon as it is months late. I do hope that they do not rush the release, though.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,791 Posts

still confused on this though....I have a MacBook Pro but I will need a program like Parallels to run Windows 7, which I will also have to buy to run Race-Keeper or TraqMate correct?
I use Boot Camp to run Windows 7, which allows me to use Comparo and TraqStudio.

Parallels and now VMWare Fusion 3.1 would be easier to use and allow you not to have to reboot between OS's.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Race-Keeper data system