mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Death race!
they get paid to perform.
it's occupational hazard.
if i didn't slouch so much, i am actually 6', but i can't straighten up my back. occupational hazard from years of architectural drafting. occupational hazard. i got paid. so do athlete. i pay a lot of money to see tour de france in 48 hours staight. or 5 second 100meter dash. i know. i am not very humane, wife thinks i am mean and daughter trembles when i am in the room. son sees me and cries. hahahaa.....
Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,630 Likes on 757 Posts

i pay a lot of money to see tour de france in 48 hours staight. or 5 second 100meter dash.
I like where you are going with this..
Nothing wrong with a little fear to instill some toughness right?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:07 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I like where you are going with this..
Nothing wrong with a little fear to instill some toughness right?
i dont know about fear ...
i just want to watch a good show.
sports, like movies. i dont want to spend $12 and watch a bad movie.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

i dont know about fear ..
wife thinks i am mean and daughter trembles when i am in the room. son sees me and cries.
Maybe go back to Porsches indeed. How's the new RS coming along, how many miles did you put on so far?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:33 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Maybe go back to Porsches indeed. How's the new RS coming along, how many miles did you put on so far?
freaking car only has two seats. i am baby sitting all week. only got 180 miles. i plan to take it out tomorrow and do 200 miles then mia has graduation friday so i will treat her with another ride. hope she doesn't barf....
Old 06-08-2010, 01:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Barfing is bad..When are you taking the car to the track?
I hope to do go this Saturday evening (Event it 2PM till 10PM.) to PBIR to play with setup some more. After that next event not until end of July Road ATL.

Tomorrow driving to Palm Beach to bring it to the shop for some maintenance, Thursday driving to Miami to get Traqmate upgraded (Fixed) and all setting reprogrammed. Other than that 10 minutes to and from work is about it.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:59 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Barfing is bad..When are you taking the car to the track?
as soon as i can.
ordered pads today
tires coming soon.
wheels here long ago.
got sub strap bar.
harness and roll bar wont be ready for a month. tony's is backed up wiht my other car. ugh.

someone actually help you program the traqmate? nice.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:08 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any good trackdays, or gt3 meets to take photos at in san fran this month? L/s or t/h? Might be in town.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Its not just the gearing although i think it has a lot to do with it. at 5k rpm and up the RS.2 really starts pulling hard. on our high speed runs i catch up so quickly i have to lift off the throttle a bit. I remember my .1 GT3 on the autobahn would feel like its running out of breath at the 290+kph mark. The RS was pulling hard at 300kph and just never seems to want to slow down! so with the gearing, hp, aero the car is night and day difference! oh, btw, i had my son and the car was full of suitcases and its a fat US RS. The RS.1 had Munich plates and we were heading into munich, single driver with that lovely Lexan window shaking with the wind.

I also came across a french 997.1 GT3 near Pisa at our final destination. We had a little fun, but there was lots of traffic and didn't really want to get into it there. besides Italians are crazy drivers! I got a lot of thumbs up and have good time explaining the car in very poor Italian
Old 06-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
I finished the first leg of my trip down to italy with the RS. I caught up to a .1 RS on the Autobahn heading south towards Munich. We had a clear stretch of road so we both put the hammer down. I approached quite easily in 5th and 6th gears. I swapped spots with him and could pull away without much trouble. We went back and forth a few times and had a good time. I'm quite surprised at the difference. The car just pulls and pulls. Is the speedo off? I hit 300kph without a problem and the car just wanted to go more. i just love this car and having a blast with it! best part is a police car moved over for us so we could do a high speed run. try that in the US!
Speedo is about 10kmh off at least I think. When I am running at 290kmh per the digital speedo on m,y RS.1, my Garmin GPS will show 281kmh
Old 06-08-2010, 06:58 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
Its not just the gearing although i think it has a lot to do with it. at 5k rpm and up the RS.2 really starts pulling hard. on our high speed runs i catch up so quickly i have to lift off the throttle a bit. I remember my .1 GT3 on the autobahn would feel like its running out of breath at the 290+kph mark. The RS was pulling hard at 300kph and just never seems to want to slow down! so with the gearing, hp, aero the car is night and day difference! oh, btw, i had my son and the car was full of suitcases and its a fat US RS. The RS.1 had Munich plates and we were heading into munich, single driver with that lovely Lexan window shaking with the wind.

I also came across a french 997.1 GT3 near Pisa at our final destination. We had a little fun, but there was lots of traffic and didn't really want to get into it there. besides Italians are crazy drivers! I got a lot of thumbs up and have good time explaining the car in very poor Italian
Nice big airbox/decklid attests to that partly at those speeds IMHO.

Quick Reply: RS.2 seems much faster than RS.1