Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help with sub belt

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:41 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with sub belt

I will be installing Scroth 6 point harnesses in my RS. I don't want to drill mounting holes in the floor. In my last GT3 I installed factory Recaros and there were was a bar to mount the sub belts under the seat.

Is there a similar spot on the OEM seats to mount the sub belts?

Thank you, Karl
Old 04-22-2010, 03:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

there's only one OEM sub bar, like the one you used for 996gt3. but you need to modify it a bit. search for mikymu's DIY on that.

however, bray and kraus has these that bolts right onto RS bucket seats. i ordered them but cant confirm installation other than what i read on the web as you will get your RS before me.

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9032.php
http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9034.php
Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
there's only one OEM sub bar, like the one you used for 996gt3. but you need to modify it a bit. search for mikymu's DIY on that.

however, bray and kraus has these that bolts right onto RS bucket seats. i ordered them but cant confirm installation other than what i read on the web as you will get your RS before me.

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9032.php
http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9034.php
+1

Here is the link to my sub-mount bar DIY: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/g...onversion.html

You need to drill a larger hole and only one of the hole can be used to secure the sub-mount bar.

Passenger side

Driver side

Old 04-22-2010, 06:17 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

The B-K's for the sport buckets bolt right on, accomodate a fire extinguisher mount on the driver side and clear the passenger side air bag sensor hardware. No mods necessary
Old 04-22-2010, 07:51 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I enjoy Mikymu's post so much, I want to fly his *** out to Texas and let him do all the work on my car why I watch! (I also think that he can start his own TV show on Speed.) In this case, his thread is in replacing the OEM seats with GT2 seats. I am keeping the OEM seats and was wondering how to hook the belts on. I will buy the B-Ks. Thanks guys.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
I enjoy Mikymu's post so much, I want to fly his *** out to Texas and let him do all the work on my car why I watch! (I also think that he can start his own TV show on Speed.) In this case, his thread is in replacing the OEM seats with GT2 seats. I am keeping the OEM seats and was wondering how to hook the belts on. I will buy the B-Ks. Thanks guys.
there are two kinds of standard oem seats on RS.
one is sport bucket like the one shown by mikymu
the other is more plush and adjustable regular looking seats without harness holes. if you have the plush seat, i am not sure how it would work with sub strap bar.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:44 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
there are two kinds of standard oem seats on RS.
one is sport bucket like the one shown by mikymu
the other is more plush and adjustable regular looking seats without harness holes. if you have the plush seat, i am not sure how it would work with sub strap bar.
Not on 2010 RS, remember...only Sport Bucket. The plush toy seat is option on GT3

(I also think that he can start his own TV show on Speed.)
I LOVE IT! Way better than some of the D-Bags they have doing these shows.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

lol

I am no tool time Tim Allen but did you say you live at Hawaii?

Quick Reply: Help with sub belt