Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Compare: Scuderia vs '10 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Fortunately I placed an actual order, build slot is in July. The order was put in today. Hopefully it will arrive in time for some summer lovin' ..
Old 04-21-2010, 11:42 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
As they come from the factory (stock vs. stock), both cars handle very well, the Scuderia has much better handling, feels easier to drive, but the mechanical grip is superior in the 7GT3.

The stock alignment specs on the Scuderia promote massive understeer, Ferrari puts as much toe-in in the front axle as a Boxster/Cayman have in the rear axle, and even more toe-in in the rear axle. Easy to drive, but very slow.

Once you change the tires for better street tires and wider wheels, with a more track focused alignment, the Scuderia performs a lot better than the 7GT3, as long as the tires are not that sticky (MPSC, R888). Once you go with really sticky tires (R6, A6, slicks, V710), things get really bad again due to the lack of available suspension travel, at this point the car needs stiffer springs/sway bars.
Thanks! that's the info I needed. Since my street cars are not track only cars (that's what the racecar(s) is for) I hate the overcomplicated logistics of hauling car or stickier tires and for track days prefer to drive-to and run the same rubber (MPSC most likely).
Scud prices look interesting and not much too loose as bridge between now and the 458 or McLaren being available

Quick Reply: Compare: Scuderia vs '10 RS