Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
thanks, now it all make sense.
a good solution.
but that's a lot of tools though.
Sure, but they don't take any space. I'm gonna have my gf make me a bag for it with velcro so i can stick it in the boot of the car permanently.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:32 PM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some construction work in my younger days and some of the bolts that we had to torque had to be 450 ft/lbs. I am pretty strong but big strength was not necessary if your torque wrench is 48" long. You can use a fancy torque multiplyer wrench or a long lever and the effort required is no more than a stuck lug nut on your tow vehicle. I personally would prefer the 4' long one piece wrench because it is much lighter to use than a multiplier or a telescopic handle wrench. Storage of a 4' wrench is not a problem. My tow vehicle is a F450 crew cab and the trailer is a 46' foot gooseneck. My little sister could torque 370 ft/lbs with a 48" lever.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Ajjra
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Each of the three segments is about 18" with about 4" of overlap at each joint, so I'm guessing about 46" overall length -- I'll measure it next time I'm near the car (might be Thursday.)
No flex in the bar when pushing down hard on it? (thinking of ordering it but just imagine that a solid steel bar would be more effective) Thanks.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:57 PM
oebb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the precision instruments wrench and a cheap $200 torque multiplier. Getting the wheels off should be real easy with the multiplier + wrench without torque handle, and it'll all fit nicely into the trunk.

Quick Reply: Torque Wrench