Thoughts on the McLaren MP4-12C?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stef430
Just my humble opinion....

I know the folks involved with McLaren very well. Job One for them is total customer satisfaction - they are former Ferrari and Porsche operating folks and know what it takes - they know what has been done wrong with other manufacturers and are micro-focused on making sure the customer experience is far above what Ferrari and Porsche folks not only get but expect. From the way they selected the dealers (not many and only ones with exemplary experience in serious brands and customer service) to the requirement that each dealer - from day one - have EVERY part in stock so there is no "we have to order that part" delay -- speaks volumes. They will walk the walk not just talk the talk - To say they wake up every morning agonizing over this precise issue is an understatment.

My $0.02 on times versus the 458? Well, McLaren has a chip on their shoulder, are highly competitive and are not in it to lose - my expectation is that they will not just beat, but destroy, the 458 and others in not just pure numbers but in feel, visceral response and everything else we all demand in a true sportscar.

I race a Porsche, I have a Scuderia, a CGT, a 993TT, a....., but I am most anticipating the McLaren of any car in the last 5 years (maybe even more than my CGT in 2004......).

Just my opinion....
Thanks - IMHO the MP4 is going to be absoultely amazing. I placed a deposit on it yest. My only concern is whether Mclaren is going to continuely producing road cars(which they seem comminted to) or are they going to disappear like they did after the F1.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the McLaren MP4-12C?