Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WEVO mount my engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
YearOne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Sounds great. You will like the improvement. Do you have to wait till they get the next batch or were you able to get the last couple set?
Have to wait but as it hailed here today thats not much of a problem
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 83 Posts

I did this same install last August on my '03 996 C2. I agree with everything in this review.

My write up and install pics were posted in the Racing forum, here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...nt-review.html
Old 03-13-2010, 10:11 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YearOne
Have to wait but as it hailed here today thats not much of a problem
lol. It's best not to drive with ice cubes on the road

Originally Posted by quickxotica
I did this same install last August on my '03 996 C2. I agree with everything in this review.

My write up and install pics were posted in the Racing forum, here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...nt-review.html
wow, your C2's engine mount bracket look very different from 7 GT3/RS

Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

I just got back from a weekend at VIR and all I can say about these mounts is that they are...

FANTASTIC!!!

It is a wonderful (and relatively inexpensive) upgrade that really changes the driving characteristics of the car. You don't realize how much you need them until they are installed! The GT3 just becomes more predicteable. It totally pulls everything together to give you one solid car to take through the turns. It also clears up any shifting issues that might exist and makes the shifts much more predicteable.

I know I have much to work on to get around VIR a little more quickly, but here is a lap from this past weekend...

[youtube]tUgCaQSukE8[/youtube]

The cool thing is now with the Traqmate and video I can more easily identify areas for improvement and work on them. I do have some issue with the Chasecam as it is not recording as clearly as I would like. I changed the resolution, but I think there might be an issue with the card it is recording to.

Bottom line, GET THESE ENGINE MOUNTS!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

Nice video and sound. Your car sounds very cool!

I see I am not the only one with Traqmate / Chasecam setup issues. I have my setup waiting to go into the new car, but I have not found anyone is South Florida that really knows the setup and can update the hardware and software.

I bet the engine mounts really helps a lot with the SS-es at VIR, I only did one session at VIR, but I remember is was hadr to keep the car settled there..

Does anyone know if the new DEM's in sthe sport setting will they be as stiff as the Wevo mounts?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM
QTR (GT3)
Intermediate

Woow from what you guys are saying this looks pretty good.
Im really considering a set of these mounts on my 997 GT3 MkII, But what if I have the Dynamic Engine Mount System as an option in my GT3 ?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

But what if I have the Dynamic Engine Mount System as an option in my GT3 ?
I think it does the same, as long as they go stiff enough...
Does anyone know if the new DEM's in the sport setting will they be as stiff as the Wevo mounts?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
I just got back from a weekend at VIR and all I can say about these mounts is that they are...

FANTASTIC!!!

It is a wonderful (and relatively inexpensive) upgrade that really changes the driving characteristics of the car. You don't realize how much you need them until they are installed! The GT3 just becomes more predicteable. It totally pulls everything together to give you one solid car to take through the turns. It also clears up any shifting issues that might exist and makes the shifts much more predicteable.

I know I have much to work on to get around VIR a little more quickly, but here is a lap from this past weekend...

The cool thing is now with the Traqmate and video I can more easily identify areas for improvement and work on them. I do have some issue with the Chasecam as it is not recording as clearly as I would like. I changed the resolution, but I think there might be an issue with the card it is recording to.

Bottom line, GET THESE ENGINE MOUNTS!!!
Fantastic! Glad you were able to feel the difference. I been on the track twice now with these engine mounts and the car feels great with turns and stick like a Velcro!

Originally Posted by QTR (GT3)
Woow from what you guys are saying this looks pretty good.
Im really considering a set of these mounts on my 997 GT3 MkII, But what if I have the Dynamic Engine Mount System as an option in my GT3 ?
It's advertised by Porsche that your DEM is suppose to firm up like a Cup car's solid engine mount with lateral G force changes. In another word it is suppose to work better than WEVO engine mount but I have no first hand experience to back up that claim

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I think it does the same, as long as they go stiff enough...
Does anyone know if the new DEM's in the sport setting will they be as stiff as the Wevo mounts?
?? Anyone willing to let me drive your GT3 with DEM so I can do a comparison study?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:54 PM
QTR (GT3)
Intermediate

?? Anyone willing to let me drive your GT3 with DEM so I can do a comparison study?
Well if I was anywhere near Califorina I would have let you test my GT3 for comparison
Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

I looked into a retro-fit of the DEM for my car. Mine is an early build car and I didn't want to wait for the DEM option, which I would have spec'ed if it had been available. The retro-fit quote for the DEM is around $2500, so the WEVO mounts seemed to be the best route for me. I haven't yet had the car on the track with them installed, but it definitely feels different on the road.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:41 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by QTR (GT3)
Well if I was anywhere near Califorina I would have let you test my GT3 for comparison
cool!

Originally Posted by got2go
I looked into a retro-fit of the DEM for my car. Mine is an early build car and I didn't want to wait for the DEM option, which I would have spec'ed if it had been available. The retro-fit quote for the DEM is around $2500, so the WEVO mounts seemed to be the best route for me. I haven't yet had the car on the track with them installed, but it definitely feels different on the road.
$2500?? What does it involve other than two new DEM? There must be a "brain" somewhere to send feedback to DEM. WEVO is cheaper and I am looking at replacing them every 1-2 years depends on # of track events. Don't know if DEM is good for life?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu

I am looking at replacing them every 1-2 years depends on # of track events. Don't know if DEM is good for life?
I was considering a swap-out based on the testimonials I've read here, but not if they must be replaced at that rate.......

Why are these products so delicate (consumable) that they must be constantly replaced?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

$2500?? What does it involve other than two new DEM? There must be a "brain" somewhere to send feedback to DEM. WEVO is cheaper and I am looking at replacing them every 1-2 years depends on # of track events. Don't know if DEM is good for life?[/QUOTE]

Kind of like the retro-fit cost of PCCB's...much higher than the original option price. In this case its the DEM mounts, plug in the wiring harness that's already in the non-DEM cars, and probably just turn it on with the PIWIS. I doubt that there is a need to "add programming" but not sure. In any event, it makes the WEVO an even better choice.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
I was considering a swap-out based on the testimonials I've read here, but not if they must be replaced at that rate.......

Why are these products so delicate (consumable) that they must be constantly replaced?
Hey Gunner, I am not sure how often these need replaced. I can understand that they will wear like any other friction/loaded item. My guess is that every 2 years may not be far off, depending upon just how much you put your car throuth. BUT!!! This upgrade is impressive and if it can be done by yourself in less than an hour as others have said, that is not too bad. Trust me, if you track your car to any extend the sensation is noticeable. It all comes down to what you want to get out of the car and all that stuff that makes us all individuals.

I will leave you with this comment, once you put them in and feel the difference, you will wish you had done it sooner.!

Best of luck with your decision!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Hey Gunner, I am not sure how often these need replaced. I can understand that they will wear like any other friction/loaded item. My guess is that every 2 years may not be far off, depending upon just how much you put your car throuth. BUT!!! This upgrade is impressive and if it can be done by yourself in less than an hour as others have said, that is not too bad. Trust me, if you track your car to any extend the sensation is noticeable. It all comes down to what you want to get out of the car and all that stuff that makes us all individuals.

I will leave you with this comment, once you put them in and feel the difference, you will wish you had done it sooner.!

Best of luck with your decision!
LOL, you are definitely NOT helping!!

That said, will you know when they need to be replaced? Is there a tell-tale, short of the engine falling out, or gears no longer meshing?

Quick Reply: WEVO mount my engine