Rennlist Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 948 Posts

More
Attached Images      
Old 02-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 11 Posts

The grey with gold is wonderful.... For me it would be a close toss up between that and the grey with red. I can only dream for now....
Old 02-15-2010, 01:08 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Those must be the worst graphics in production car history.

They look even worse out in the real world.

IMHO of course.

Phil
Old 02-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White/Red for me thanks...
Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 881 Likes on 366 Posts

Agreed the graphics are horrible...that said the grey is growing on me!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:19 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,624 Likes on 754 Posts

Thanks for posting!

Trending Topics

Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

After seeing these photos, I'd certainly go gray/gold if I were to order one.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:22 AM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's hard to beat White/Red but Grey/Gold looks really good there, minus the NASCAR graphics package...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

There was a review that went along with the photos. Content light and what look like a couple of factual errors, but here it is:

http://www.gtpurelyporsche.com/quick...uickdriveID=29

In spades. It costs £104,841, some £19,277 more than the GT3 but it is so much more than the slightly sharper focussed, more track oriented car that the last RS was to the previous GT3. Brake specification apart, there is not a single area of dynamic endeavour that has not been extensively modified to turn the GT3 into this GT3 RS and the net result is a car that genuinely deserves to be thought of as a model apart.

Go on then…
Starting at the back, this is the first RS to have more power than its equivalent GT3. By using a special engine cover forcing air into a conical (rather than cylindrical) ram intake and an inlet manifold shortened and tuned for power rather than torque the output of the 3.8-litre flat six has been raised from 435bhp to 450bhp. Torque remains the same 317lb ft but is now developed 500rpm further up the rev range at 6750rpm. To save weight, the entire exhaust system is now titanium.

As with all motorsports products, paddle shift PDK transmissions are eschewed in favour of a short-throw six speed manual, but for the RS all ratios have been reduced, first to fifth by 11 per cent, sixth by five per cent. Quirkily this means the GT3 actually has the higher top speed: 194mph versus 192mph. On the 0-62mph sprint, the RS beats the GT3 by a scant tenth of a second, taking 4sec dead.

As before the RS has a 44mm wider body and a 30mm wider rear track but for the first time the front track has also been widened, by 12cm, and wider wheels (9J x 19”) with fatter tyres fitted (245/35ZR19). Under the skin there are split rear wishbones for finer track tuning, bespoke (and adjustable) anti-roll bars, a more track oriented tune for its dampers and, for the first time on any RS, race specification stability control to complement the carry over traction control, both of which can be entirely disabled.
Visually a new aerodynamic package can be seen, with a deep rubber front splitter balancing the vast, adjustable carbon fibre rear wing. Together they can exert 170kg of downforce on the RS at 186mph.

So is it all worth it?
Not unless you’re going to drive it like your pants on are fire. For most people, even die-hard enthusiasts, the standard GT3 will be all the 911 they will ever want. Indeed if you drive the RS merely very fast you will ponder the value of the extra money especially when the quieter, more comfortable GT3 is a substantially more usable car. But if you can find the right road or, more likely, track, it will take you places to which not even a GT3 has access. The power delivery, the available performance and the balance of mechanical and aerodynamic grip make it unquestionably the greatest 911 of the modern era. It is one of a tiny number of cars capable of removing the power of speech from even the most grizzled of motoring hacks. In a word, it is sublime.

Andrew Frankel.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Engine: 3797cc, flat six, normally aspirated
Max Power: 450bhp @ 7900rpm
Max Torque: 317lb ft @ 6750rpm
Weight: 1370kg
Transmission: six-speed manual, two-wheel drive
Max Speed: 192mph
0-62mph: 4.0 seconds
Price as Tested: £104,841
Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
YellowCalliper
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for sharing - you always find the best pix.

The grey/gold is simply superb. Sinister looking!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for posting.....one can hardly wait to drive this track oriented epitome in a snow storm.
Great photos.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:30 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bob_dallas
Grey/Gold looks really good there, minus the NASCAR graphics package...
exactly how I ordered mine G/G no graphics
Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I really like the grey/gold. Even the fish lips don't look too bad with that combo.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

According to DJ over on Teamspeed the snow photos were from Chris Harris. I guess that's the only logical explanation, short of the photos being fake. Here are Harris' comments:

"Any day that begins with someone handing you the keys to a GT3 RS can rightly be considered a good day. And so it was, when the man from Porsche did just that.

Then the day went wrong. A blizzard hit the Cannes area, like it does every 2000 years. I had the definitive fast-road machine, access to the definitive fast roads, and I spent five hours sitting in a ****ing traffic jam. It was so unbelievably frustrating (as anyone who follows me on Twiter will already know) that it was almost funny.

Two events saved me from losing my marbles. The first was our escape from blizzard-strewn Cannes. Snapper Chris Rutter turned Sapper and scouted the A8, which had a barrier down closing it to all traffic. But we’d seen an elderly local-type drive straight around it, and feeling de-mob-happy through frustration, we slithered the Porsche’s hips around the barrier and skidded onto the A8. It was deserted. Apart from the odd stranded truck, we had the place to ourselves. I’ve driven that stretch of road hundreds of times: it’s always packed and almost always sunny –hence it being called the Autoroute de Soleil- and it just felt so foreign.

So we stopped and took a few snaps of the Porsche in those strange surroundings. And left before we were arrested.
In five hours we didn’t get above 60mph. That’s criminal in an RS.

Still, musn’t grumble, you see I’m going to have plenty of seat time in an RS over the coming months: I’m driving one at the Nurburgring 24hrs this year and (I’m pinching myself and grinning like a school child typing this), my team mate is called Walter Rohrl. For that opportunity, I’d happily spend hours – months even - dawdling about a snowy Cote D’Azur."

Quick Reply: A few new Grey/Gold & White/Red photos