Paint to Sample now available on 2010 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint to Sample now available on 2010 GT3 RS

Yup, I held out and took a late delivery, confirmed yesterday that I can paint it any color I want!!!

Problem is it's $5,500 and no promises on wheels/accents colors..... Porsche is making it hard to stay loyal... Paying a small fortune to get away from three really compromised choices.

GT Silver with Black, that's all I am looking for PORSCHE!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,768 Likes on 2,363 Posts

those getting PTS, think about all the cool colors on ROW 964RS.
i dont know the official names.
but pepto bismo mint green is nice
a sort of pinkish purple
variety of blues too.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

$5500 for a silver color, your kidding right?

my aqua blue color should be worth $10000 then.

(please take my comment very lightly.)
Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Smile

Originally Posted by mooty
those getting PTS, think about all the cool colors on ROW 964RS. i dont know the official names. but pepto bismo mint green is nice a sort of pinkish purple variety of blues too.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,768 Likes on 2,363 Posts

if only i wasn't such a cheap bastard....

i go with pink, amethyst, or pepto bismo green.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:25 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I love the light blue. looks like the BMW Estoril Blue.

Polar Peter, my son is asking for more pictures of your Rolex monster. could you post a few pictures?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:23 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Mexico blu with gulf orange decals!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta really want exclusivity for your own pleasure to justify shelling out another $5500 for PTS. I hear you and am not slamming or trying to be ugly, but man that is a stiff cost for an option that is a 100% total loss at resale time. Plus further limits the prospect pool that might be interested in buying if it is a really off the wall color.

To pay that for "a silver" is a tough idea for me to get my head around.

I am the first to admit don't spec a car for resale, spec it how you like it. But PTS has always struck me as a financial toilet flush.

With that said if you do PTS, then please post pics!

Everyone has their own ideas as to spec and I respect that.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,886 Likes on 972 Posts

Relatively easy jump if your default color is Grey Black. Not so much if it's Carrara White...
Old 01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow... thats an expensive option but I guess it results from having to pull the car specially from the production line.

Would tend to agree though that if I was to shell out that money I would not go with GT Silver as its still a pretty standard colour in the Porsche world.... would definitely consider one of the crazier 964 colours though...
Old 01-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Relatively easy jump if your default color is Grey Black. Not so much if it's Carrara White...
+1 on that and some of the special colors on the GT3 are already over 4k so another grand to get what you want is worth it.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carrering
I love the light blue. looks like the BMW Estoril Blue.

Polar Peter, my son is asking for more pictures of your Rolex monster. could you post a few pictures?
Pictures are of the car in last years trim. Concepts are of this year...

Regarding color, this is not a car I will keep for 10 years, I'll drive it for 2 max. 3 and sell it so I dont want a color that 10 people want rather a color 100 people want.
Attached Images     
Old 01-15-2010, 02:21 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
You gotta really want exclusivity for your own pleasure to justify shelling out another $5500 for PTS. I hear you and am not slamming or trying to be ugly, but man that is a stiff cost for an option that is a 100% total loss at resale time. Plus further limits the prospect pool that might be interested in buying if it is a really off the wall color.

To pay that for "a silver" is a tough idea for me to get my head around.

I am the first to admit don't spec a car for resale, spec it how you like it. But PTS has always struck me as a financial toilet flush.

With that said if you do PTS, then please post pics!

Everyone has their own ideas as to spec and I respect that.
Here is the general thing about these cars from the resale standpoint. Why would you ever order a car with full leather, PCM, carbon trim, PCCBs, etc; as you will NEVER get the money out of these options when you go to resale? What do you think the resale will be with the $1700 lightweight battery option? Certainly not a $1700 adder in the long run. You can spend $20K-$30K on options new and find you only get $2K back over a car without them down the line. If you are solely resale oriented, you need a safe likeable color, concentrate on options most desireable to the greatest # of buyers and keep the fluff off the order sheet. for example, if you are resale oriented them you want to make sure it has bi-xenons and Sound Plus (Bose if it was a regular Carrera) as most people want these options.

Without a question, the biggest (and probably only) disappointment with the RS is the color choices. There are plenty of threads about how we, Porsche's customers, don't like the colors. There is not a single color combination of the 3 primary colors and 2 trim colors especially with the graphics that makes me want to buy this car. This was the primary reason why I decided not to switch from a regular GT3 to an RS. I don't want to open my garage and be disappointed every time I look at my car. Since the RS already has sport buckets and PDEM standard, paint-to-sample is the only option I would consider a must have for this car. This is simply my perspective. I am sure there are a few that do like the regular colors, but when I read the threads on this topic; most don't.

Here is the other side, in the future if I decide to look at a 10' RS on the used market I will only be seeking a paint-to-sample car in silver, gray or black and would probably pay a couple thousand more to have one is a color that looks good. If all that is out there are the standard colors, I will never buy one. When I ordered my '10 GT3, if the color choices were the same as the RS colors then I would have ponied up the $4300 (its less for a regular GT3) and had the car paint to sample (probably Seal Gray as it has always been my favorite Porsche color).
Old 01-15-2010, 02:44 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

^ Very well said, couldn't of said it better. Now that PTS is avalable, the heritage color or 964 RS colors will be the thing to look for in a few years from now. All the money spent on the lift kit will most probably be worth nothing and so his the shock themselves since they'll need to be replaced sometime down the road. Don't ever forget that with the RS, less is worth more.

And to the OP, why pay an extra 5K for just another shade of gray??
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Quick Reply: Paint to Sample now available on 2010 GT3 RS