Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Paint to Sample now available on 2010 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Boxster Coupe GTS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up Paint to Sample now available on 2010 GT3 RS...

Originally Posted by Polar Peter
Yup, I held out and took a late delivery, confirmed yesterday that I can paint it any color I want!!!

Problem is it's $5,500 and no promises on wheels/accents colors..... Porsche is making it hard to stay loyal... Paying a small fortune to get away from three really compromised choices.

GT Silver with Black, that's all I am looking for PORSCHE!!!!!!
Big congratulations on your 2010 911 GT3 RS order!

2010-Porsche-997-GT3-RS_Decals-and-Paint-Options

...and many thanks for confirming the PTS option!

Old 01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a little classic (read: bold choice) goes a longgggg wayyyyyy

Last edited by ///Mous3; 01-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Without a question, the biggest (and probably only) disappointment with the RS is the color choices. There are plenty of threads about how we, Porsche's customers, don't like the colors. There is not a single color combination of the 3 primary colors and 2 trim colors especially with the graphics that makes me want to buy this car. This was the primary reason why I decided not to switch from a regular GT3 to an RS. I don't want to open my garage and be disappointed every time I look at my car. Since the RS already has sport buckets and PDEM standard, paint-to-sample is the only option I would consider a must have for this car. This is simply my perspective. I am sure there are a few that do like the regular colors, but when I read the threads on this topic; most don't.

Here is the other side, in the future if I decide to look at a 10' RS on the used market I will only be seeking a paint-to-sample car in silver, gray or black and would probably pay a couple thousand more to have one is a color that looks good. If all that is out there are the standard colors, I will never buy one. When I ordered my '10 GT3, if the color choices were the same as the RS colors then I would have ponied up the $4300 (its less for a regular GT3) and had the car paint to sample (probably Seal Gray as it has always been my favorite Porsche color).
Not wanting to start an argument, but I don't understand your point at all.

You own a black GT3, said for PTS you will probably do Seal Gray, yet you hated the regular colors (Grey Black)... To me, all these shades of Gray and Black are the same.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

his $ let him paint it any color he wants

Quick Reply: Paint to Sample now available on 2010 GT3 RS