Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 Inventory and the new RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by epm1
Isn't there a way to check all dealers together versus going to each site? These site are typically not current.
I recall a few years ago someone posted a query url that would do just that, however (how much use am I) I dont recall what it was ...

as far as I know all the dealers sites are hosted or at least proxied thru porscheusa.com so it "may" be possible ...
Old 09-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I recall a few years ago someone posted a query url that would do just that, however (how much use am I) I dont recall what it was ...

as far as I know all the dealers sites are hosted or at least proxied thru porscheusa.com so it "may" be possible ...
eg.

site:porschedealer.com inurl:inventoryid

or

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...%3Ainventoryid

then just add the criteria, eg.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...+2010+GT3+PCCB

Which shows only three hits, so I'm guessing a lot of dealers aren't updating their inventories.

I'd suggest you decide on a local dealer to source the car you want and they can use their internal system to locate the car.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Rich.
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The one that we have sitting here isnt spec'd the way I would want it. Its black no buckets, no axle lift, no DEM, no PCCBs and a list around $123K
Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rich.
The one that we have sitting here isnt spec'd the way I would want it. Its black no buckets, no axle lift, no DEM, no PCCBs and a list around $123K
Yeah I think you'd want buckets (I'd want PCCB's) and at least the DEM ...

I think that with a car like the GT3 its probably a bad idea for dealers to use
their allocations up by pre-speccing the cars ... most of the fanatics here
would want to do that themselves

I know after doing this on my '07 and doing euro I would never again drop
that much money for a car I did not spec myself ...
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the link I posted a few years back: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Here is the link I posted a few years back: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=
Old 09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Rich.
Instructor

The problem is that we had a waiting list of approx 20 ppl, once the car was announced only 2 ordered their car to their specs. Everyone else disappeared because of the bad timing and lack of axle lift and DEM options at time of ordering. On top of that, most of our customers decided to move their deposits to the wait list for the RS. So we, like most dealers were forced to spec them out the best we could. I spec'd out a pretty white one with ceramics, buckets etc. Didnt last 1 week on our showroom. I told the guys to change the black car a bit, but no one listened to "young guy" salesperson.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

yep totally understand your dilemma!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:08 PM
wpriller
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim Ellis here in Atlanta has a black 2010 GT3 on their showroom floor, without the axle lift, and it has a sticker of $137,000. The Salesman stated that without the axke lift, it's making the car difficult to sell.

The problem is that we had a waiting list of approx 20 ppl, once the car was announced only 2 ordered their car to their specs. Everyone else disappeared because of the bad timing and lack of axle lift and DEM options at time of ordering. On top of that, most of our customers decided to move their deposits to the wait list for the RS. So we, like most dealers were forced to spec them out the best we could. I spec'd out a pretty white one with ceramics, buckets etc. Didnt last 1 week on our showroom. I told the guys to change the black car a bit, but no one listened to "young guy" salesperson.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wpriller
Jim Ellis here in Atlanta has a black 2010 GT3 on their showroom floor, without the axle lift, and it has a sticker of $137,000. The Salesman stated that without the axke lift, it's making the car difficult to sell.
I think the axle lift has already lost its initial appeal (largely due to the price) and it's not even here yet. The obstacle preventing the car from selling is the $137K sticker shock.

It seems to me that PDEM is yet to be measured, but it's the "interesting" option in the 997.2. Anyone who knows the 911 knows that solid or semi-solid engine mounts will help arrest the pendulum. New buyers are voting with their wallets and resisting the "instant gratification" gene. I think if PDEM comes into the $750 price range, it will be most appealing to Carrera drivers (who want a wider comfort range between daily driving and when they press the "Sport" button.

Porsche is learning something about the GT3 demographic -- I imagine a lot of 997.2 buyers have or had a prior GT3 or a hot rod late model Carrera, so the "delta" isn't so compelling that they can't wait for the snazzy mounts.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Saw a "used" - 148 miles - Black GT3 at Momentum this weekend...

I would hazard a sticker of high $120s - PCCBs. Adaptives (????wtf), some further fru fru but not excessive - and naturally they were asking $137k

Optimistic....
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Rich.
Instructor

with the exception of the black one @ 123 all of the cars we have built are around the mid to high 130 mark. Targeting your inventory to the GT3 public is not easy. Plus with the typical Porsche "Training" that we get.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

with the exception of the black one @ 123 all of the cars we have built are around the mid to high 130 mark. Targeting your inventory to the GT3 public is not easy. Plus with the typical Porsche "Training" that we get.
Oh do tell! ...
Old 09-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Rich.
Instructor

Sorry I dont think I should discuss my inventory further on the forum. It is not proper etiquette. They are nice cars though I can assure you.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Sorry I dont think I should discuss my inventory further on the forum. It is not proper etiquette. They are nice cars though I can assure you.
Sorry Rich! no offense meant!!! I should think before I type!

- Larry

Quick Reply: GT3 Inventory and the new RS