Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where are you guys buying Akrapovic systems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:52 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks for posting the info prosper. As I stated earlier, I personanlly know an Akrapovic rep in Germany that can ship the systems worldwide with a turn around time of about one week from when the payments are made and with a VERY significant discount no one I know of can match. In light of that, I dont see anyone in this forum paying MSRP. Akrapovic does not discount to public customers, that I know of. If anyone is interested, PM me. Im in no way related with Akrapovic, just a customer with connections
Old 01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well ok then....I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for a cocktail!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

<clink>!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
<clink>!
GULP-GULP-GULP!!! AHHH!!! Can I have two more, please?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
well ok then....I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for a cocktail!
This Georgian walks out of a bar . . . no, really. It can happen.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Looks like we've pretty much handled the Akropovic question . . . I hope the OP will chime in to tell us if it's all good now. NOT that I'm shopping for a new exhaust, but do they make them for 993s? I ask because the 993 seems to be the forgotten child when it comes to goodies.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
This Georgian walks out of a bar . . . no, really. It can happen.
and it has many many times......
Old 01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
and it has many many times......
Glad you saw the humor in that one. Dang it, we got off topic again. I wonder if someone will complain.

PS: Where is Cumming, Georgia? Or was that a joke? Sorry, just curious. I've only been to Atlanta and to Warner-Robbins. Drove up to Robbins, but flew to Atlanta to a connecting flight. Just curious. You can always PM me if you are worried about the off-topic police.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 AM
prosper
Instructor

Looks like we've pretty much handled the Akropovic question . . . I hope the OP will chime in to tell us if it's all good now. NOT that I'm shopping for a new exhaust, but do they make them for 993s? I ask because the 993 seems to be the forgotten child when it comes to goodies.
Glad you saw the humor in that one. Dang it, we got off topic again. I wonder if someone will complain.
always PM me if you are worried about the off-topic police.
Hi Bonster,

I don't think Akrapovic will make it for 993, because not too much people will buy $10,000 Titanium exhaust for 993.
Even for 997 GT3/RS model, I think Akrapovic will have a very hard time selling them,
because the total population of the 997 GT3/RS model is very small compare to the regular Carrera.
Let's face it, in bang for the buck terms, Akrapovic is at a big disadvantage...

I just realize that because everytime a topic of exhaust came out on Rennlist,
you will notice a torrent of post suggesting other brand's exhaust for "consideration".
I am not talking about Akrapovic vs. Sharkwerks alone,
in fact This is only the second time I see Akrapovic mention in much detail here,...

but when someone was asking about other exhaust (not akrapovic),
than it will be followed by many post suggesting the competitor brand.
Which is of course not a problem and not against forum rules, if it was done in "discrete" way.
But lately, (maybe due to the worsening of the economy), some of this "exhaust adviser" no longer do it in "discrete" way,

I have this feeling that the debate on this thread will not be the last of it's kind in Rennlist,

The competition to grab exhaust customer from very small niche GT3/RS market is intense, I guess...
so that is the nature of the business...

especially, when you already buy an exhaust system from one brand/vendor, most probably you will NOT need to replace it for the rest of your car life...

No wonder,
in just short time, you got several request to come here and check whether the "off topic" police (which is me),
is doing something wrong or not.

I guess the competition is way too intense here...

if you check my posting history, I very rarely posting here, and I enjoy more as silent reader.
I really not enjoy my self for acting like "off topic police wannabe"...
It is actually not my duty and it does not help me make money or anything...
but, I just hate to see how things have evolve lately...
so that is why it trigger my first "off topic police wannabe" attempt yesterday.

bottom line, this is just about competition to grab small niche exhaust market,...
and this "off topic police wannabe" (me) was just too Idealistic to see this fact...
well, I guess, next time, I should just watch the drama and keep my Idealistic Principle to myself...
sometimes being Idealistic is NOT welcome... even on the internet
I guess like everybody said, "always follow the money".

Last edited by prosper; 01-18-2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: try to edit some spelling and grammar error and I still have many spelling/grammar error hahaha
Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

^ Dude, with all due respect, your long winded philosophy (for whatever the reason may be) is boring... You should get a job with Oprah or Dr Phil as they would probably appreciate your rambling a whole lot more...

The OP asked about Akrapovic, a fellow poster who wasn't familiar with the system asked for the difference to a system (or reference) that many know and that is about it... GET OVER IT!!! Nobody is trying to hijack the Akrapovic thread and therefore it doesn't require a saviour!

If you want to police threads with your "idealistic views" apply for a moderator's job or something. People are allowed to have an opinion or even just to go OT if they want to without paragraphs of lectures and attacks from you...
Old 01-18-2010, 05:28 AM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911rox
^ Dude, with all due respect, your long winded philosophy (for whatever the reason may be) is boring... You should get a job with Oprah or Dr Phil as they would probably appreciate your rambling a whole lot more...

The OP asked about Akrapovic, a fellow poster who wasn't familiar with the system asked for the difference to a system (or reference) that many know and that is about it... GET OVER IT!!! Nobody is trying to hijack the Akrapovic thread and therefore it doesn't require a saviour!

If you want to police threads with your "idealistic views" apply for a moderator's job or something. People are allowed to have an opinion or even just to go OT if they want to without paragraphs of lectures and attacks from you...
Dude, with all due respect,
I was not planning to post anymore here,
but since the Moderator himself is INVITING me to post, with the moderator mentioning the "off topic police" term TWICE,
why, I would decline that invitation ?

That would be UNPOLITE, don't you think ?

the OP do NOT asked about Akrapovic, but ask WHERE HE COULD BUY Akrapovic,
a fellow poster who CLAIM he was NOT familiar with Akrapovic,
POINTED OUT clearly how the different in PRICE of Akrapovic and Sharkwerks...,
and added that with TWO weblinks.
That was my issue. how many times do I have to tell you that...
if he do NOT put those two weblinks that is different matter.
I mean the OP of this thread surely had knew about Sharkwerks here,
just use search facility on rennlist with the word exhaust,
and you will be hard not to find the word "sharkwerks" here.

Again, if you or other kept on inviting me to debate it with you here,
by replying to this post and keep on ATTACKING ME,
I would NOT decline your invitation. unless of course Rennlist BANNED me from here.
I would NOT back off from a debate.

beside,
I want you to REVIEW this other two thread,
and you can see that this HIGHJACKING issue (especially with Akrapovic) had been going on for a while...

Read this TWO other Thread, and you will see clearly about my Idealistic point on Rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...3-exhaust.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...m-exhaust.html

also take note/pay attention on the name of the people who "PARTICIPATE" on this TWO THREAD above...
I was participating in one of it too... but there are some "Interesting Participant" in there...

and if you read the thread on the first link I give above, you will see it was actually started by another sponsor of Rennlist !

Last edited by prosper; 01-18-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:09 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Nugget was not trying to discredit Akrapovic... Nugget clearly stated in his own way that the two linked items were significantly less expensive and was therefore asking what the BENEFITS were for the Akrapovic? Not everyone knows the price difference between the metals nor the technology that went into providing hp and tq increases as claimed by Akrapovic... I didn't for one....

This was the opportunity for those with knowledge to help him understand why someone may want to part with almost 5 times the money on an exhaust system, not to attack him with psycho babble...

Seriously, if you were any sharper, you could split atoms....

Originally Posted by Nugget
$10K would buy a sharky bypass or a track exhaust and whole hell of a lot of track tires. What's the appeal of the Akrapovic? It's five times more expensive than the alternatives. I'm not challenging the notion, just asking. That's a huge price differential.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:25 AM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911rox
Nugget was not trying to discredit Akrapovic... Nugget clearly stated in his own way that the two linked items were significantly less expensive and was therefore asking what the BENEFITS were for the Akrapovic? Not everyone knows the price difference between the metals nor the technology that went into providing hp and tq increases as claimed by Akrapovic... I didn't for one....

This was the opportunity for those with knowledge to help him understand why someone may want to part with almost 5 times the money on an exhaust system, not to attack him with psycho babble...

Seriously, if you were any sharper, you could split atoms....
911rox,

have you open the Two Link of another thread an Rennlist that I provide above?
Here I provided to you again:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...3-exhaust.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...m-exhaust.html

If you had read the two forums above, you could see what I mean that the competition between different vendor here
had reach to a point where it is not healthy, and that is one of the reason why I voice my "rambling" here.
Do you see any post that have a hint of DISCREDITING NOT just Akrapovic
but also making it hard for another Rennlist sponsor chance to get order for that Akrapovic ?
It is "subtle" but not "discrete" enough and clear enough for me to see

and 911rox,

let me make this into another scenario here, and hopefully you can see what I mean.

911rox is trying to sell his house for $10,000 which have expensive granite floor
and post it on local newspaper.
one day there was a guy called Smindustries who want to look at 911rox house and interested
specifically because he knew 911rox house have expensive Granite floor,
but somehow Smindustries got lost in the neighboorhood while trying to visist 911rox house.

Smindustries stop by, and ask people around that neighborhood for direction to go to 911rox house.
He specifically explain he is interested in buy 911rox house at $10,000 because it have expensive Granite Flooring.

and coincidentally,
Nugget was there and respond to Smindustries.
Nugget told Smindustries, that he could not understand why people would want to buy 911rox house with expensive granite floor for $10,000 when
another house (that he knew) can be had for $2,500 albeit with only ordinary hardwood flooring.

then Nugget
proceed to "encourage" Smindustries to go to another house for sale in that same area
which only cost $2,500 and only have hardwood flooring. "and which Nugget just happen to know the owner"

Nugget even give "LINK", in this house case it is not link but direction,
and even offer to take Smindustries directly
to the address (webpage in our case) for that specific house he is promoting.

all this time while Nugget did not help Smindustries with Smindustries original question,
and Smindustries original question was a simple address/direction/link to 911rox house.

so 911rox,
How do you feel with my example above?
Especially if it involved you ?
Will you be happy ?

Please tell me HONESTLY from the bottom of your heart,
how do you feel if that happened to you ?

again 911rox, it is the TWO website link that bothers me.
I mean Nugget really spend time and effort to put a weblink,
that is more effort than just typing the word "sharky bypass" and "track exhaust"

doing that clearly show that Nugget is actually "encouraging" smindustries not to buy Akrapovic and buy the other product
from that link he provided.
because giving link is like giving house address as on my real world example above.
do you see what I mean ?

and regarding your last sentence where you said if I am any sharper, I could split atoms,
I am taking it as a compliment and hopefully you do mean that as compliment and not sarcastic.
Thanks

Last edited by prosper; 01-18-2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: taking things as compliment and correcting some spelling again...
Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Prosper, i know where you are coming from but what you are assuming is that Smindustries didn't know about the sharkwerks products... With the level of discussion these exhausts receive on this forum I would find it nearly impossible for this to be the case.... So it is a non issue.

In any case, if it were the case that he didn't know about the sharkwerks products, then what is wrong with knowing his options so that he could make an informed decision???

Smindustries knows his stuff and this is why he is looking at a $10k system... He hasn't decided to potentially spend that amount of money on just any old exhaust without knowing the benefits or being aware of cheaper options...

As for those of us who don't know the difference, what is wrong with educating or informing us when the question is asked... Now I know, one makes noise, the other makes noise, saves weight and increases performance... Nugget is not a site sponsor, he has no vested interest in driving sales of one whilst discrediting the other, he was trying to understand....
Old 01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
MGS996
Racer

Any chance of a truce …..I just want to hear more news about Akrapovic

Quick Reply: Where are you guys buying Akrapovic systems?