Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where are you guys buying Akrapovic systems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MGS996
Any chance of a truce …..I just want to hear more news about Akrapovic
Thats what I'm asking for mate, less lectures... more info....
Old 01-18-2010, 07:52 AM
prosper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
Prosper, i know where you are coming from but what you are assuming is that Smindustries didn't know about the sharkwerks products... With the level of discussion these exhausts receive on this forum I would find it nearly impossible for this to be the case.... So it is a non issue.

In any case, if it were the case that he didn't know about the sharkwerks products, then what is wrong with knowing his options so that he could make an informed decision???

Smindustries knows his stuff and this is why he is looking at a $10k system... He hasn't decided to potentially spend that amount of money on just any old exhaust without knowing the benefits or being aware of cheaper options...

As for those of us who don't know the difference, what is wrong with educating or informing us when the question is asked... Now I know, one makes noise, the other makes noise, saves weight and increases performance... Nugget is not a site sponsor, he has no vested interest in driving sales of one whilst discrediting the other, he was trying to understand....
911rox,

First of all, Thank You for your nicer post to me compare to your first post to me.
I really appreciate it and hopefully we can debate this in calm manner and open mind.

You said above on the first paragraph of your reply above that I assume Smindustries do not know
anything about Sharkwerks.
On the contrary, I do think Smindustries had know so many things about Sharkwerks,
because if people who read rennlist GT3 section do not know Sharkwerks,
that mean they never read more than few threads...
Hmm come to think about it, maybe you mistakenly wrote the wrong sentence on the first paragraph above... you actually know that I assume smindusries already aware about sharkewerks...

ok... never mind...

911rox,
again I had no issue with Nugget if he decide to post the SAME EXACT POST that he post earlier,...
I had no issue for that...
What give me issue is the WEB LINK on that post... that is the CRITICAL Turning point for me...

Nugget is NOT a sponsor, I am sure Nugget will NOT get any benefit from this,
other that perhaps extra discount as customer that support sharkwerks,
which of course is normal and it is surely negligible amount for someone like Nugget who can afford GT3 RS in the first place...

so this is NOT about Nugget getting advantage from this...
again Nugget get NOTHING from this. no profit no commission, nada...

but this is about Akrapovic getting disadvantage from this...

again, if you relate to my real world example based on house selling,
it is 911rox who might loss the sale because Nugget give direction/offer to take smindustries,
to another house that have that hardwood flooring.

so please 911rox, put yourself in Akrapovic situation.

911rox,
as I told you I am just being Idealistic, and if Sharkwerks is the one who got disadvantage,
I surely will fight for Sharkwerks in debating here just like I did for Akrapovic...

I just see it to help the one that got disadvantage...
Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
prosper
Instructor

Any chance of a truce …..I just want to hear more news about Akrapovic
Originally Posted by 911rox
Thats what I'm asking for mate, less lectures... more info....

Hi MGS996 and 911Rox

I do read some M3 owner buy Akrapovic for their M3.
They post it on M3 post.
here is the link to it...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339023
I think this guy might be the DISTRIBUTOR of Akrapovic in Germany...(I am NOT sure)

and this is another thread about installation in M3, looks like there are many M3 owner who
buy Akrapovic, probably because Akrapovic for M3 is cheaper so the price is more affordable.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ight=akrapovic

enjoy.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM
prosper
Instructor

guess not
Please take a look at the link for M3 post that I provide just above your post.

I guess I push the submit buttom just a few seconds ahead of you.

I hope those M3 thread about Akrapovic,
can help you and 911rox to learn more about Akrapovic.
Too bad they are for M3,
but I guess Akrapovic price for M3 might be cheaper so that is why the M3 owner see good value for money to buy Akrapovic for their M3.

I do read a lot on M3 post simply because I think I might be able to buy myself an M3 here in Indonesia,
before I am able to buy GT3RS in USA (if someday I am able to migrate to USA).

ps:
damn, you are so quick with deleting your post "msg996",
you delete your post again after I post this one...
sorry for the confusion...

Last edited by prosper; 01-18-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: this post was intented to earlier post that had been deleted... sorry ...
Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 AM
MGS996
Racer

Nice links.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Fair enough prosper, I understand your point of view and respect it but the best way to promote or support a product (or company) is to inform others about it benefits and its point of difference. Information is the key.... I for one did not know Akrapovic existed, now I know what it is and its points of difference. Once informed each person can decide for themselves if the offering is value for money...
Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys, please, for the love of Ferry Porsche please drop the issue. I appreciate the spirited defense, but I extracted myself from this train wreck several pages ago and it's dang tiresome to still be reading how unethical and dishonest prosper thinks I am six pages into the thread. If he wants to believe that I'm the scum of the earth for posting two web links in this thread I'm fine with that. Those of us with a healthy tether to reality know otherwise and my self-image can survive just fine in the face of prosper's frustration.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Nugget enough is enough and it is too early to start drinking........

A real world review of Akrapovic would be nice....anyone have one ?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
Glad you saw the humor in that one. Dang it, we got off topic again. I wonder if someone will complain.

PS: Where is Cumming, Georgia? Or was that a joke? Sorry, just curious. I've only been to Atlanta and to Warner-Robbins. Drove up to Robbins, but flew to Atlanta to a connecting flight. Just curious. You can always PM me if you are worried about the off-topic police.

off topic may be better than bickering.....

Cumming is about 28miles north of the City of Atlanta (aka Crazytown)
it is just west of Lake Lanier.
ah the Atlanta airport....the appendemy of Craziness. Enter at your own risk and have lots of patience meds...

Back on topic....anyone out that owns this: Akrapovic PORSCHE GT3/RS - Evolution system

please chime in...are the stated HP and Torque numbers real?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
off topic may be better than bickering.....

Cumming is about 28miles north of the City of Atlanta (aka Crazytown)
it is just west of Lake Lanier.
ah the Atlanta airport....the appendemy of Craziness. Enter at your own risk and have lots of patience meds...

Back on topic....anyone out that owns this: Akrapovic PORSCHE GT3/RS - Evolution system

please chime in...are the stated HP and Torque numbers real?
one of the person who post on this thread, MD11skipper,
actually have posted his review for his own car and akrapovic exhaust here on rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...e-exhaust.html

but I don't think he had dyno his car after installing the exhaust.
and as usual there is always Sharkwerks "bang for the buck" mention there, but of course it was ok
to do that on that thread because it was a thread for reviewing exhaust and that make the different

Last edited by prosper; 01-18-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nugget
Guys, please, for the love of Ferry Porsche please drop the issue. I appreciate the spirited defense, but I extracted myself from this train wreck several pages ago and it's dang tiresome to still be reading how unethical and dishonest prosper thinks I am six pages into the thread. If he wants to believe that I'm the scum of the earth for posting two web links in this thread I'm fine with that. Those of us with a healthy tether to reality know otherwise and my self-image can survive just fine in the face of prosper's frustration.
First of all,
I had STOPPED calling you Unethical after Bob, the administrator of Rennlist tell me NOT to do that.
and I never called you Dishonest from the first time I post at this thread.

and I am NOT Frustated with you,
infact,
I think it is you who is still FRUSTATED for NOT being able to stop me from posting here.

Also no need to DRAMATIZE your self as being the victim here,
with the word "scum of the earth",
because you are NOT scum of the earth from my point of view.
You are a normal person, who just happened to try to help his favourite vendor win a customer,
but you forgot that doing that, you also making the other vendor in DISADVANTAGE.

Yes, there are many people here who debate against me,
but that do NOT mean there are no people who agree with me.

and based on your post above, you basically said that only people who agree with you is healthy,
and that mean everybody here who do not agree with you is unhealthy.

Truth is, eventhough I know you strongly disagree with me, I still think you are healthy and not sick.

on this thread, It is me who get many Name Called and Lot Of sarcastic Insult, (more than you)
but unlike you,I would not presented myself as Victim just to get people to support me...
and unlike you, I would not dramatized the situation to attract sympathy for people to support me...
Unlike you, I am willing and ready to take the risk of abusive comment from others,
just to prove my point, and at least get my opponent to agree to disagree but still respect each other.
I debate based on fact and links and previous post on rennlist,
and I do try to make a real life example of the situation.
I need to debate long and hard to those people who name called/insult me at first,
and in the end,
I manage to have peace with most of the people here who debate with me.

beside if you had take your self from this trainwreck,
why do you still feel tiresome by it ?

Just Can't Let it go, can't you ?

Last edited by prosper; 01-18-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added some extra opinion about "dramatization"
Old 01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
prosper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
I agree with Nugget enough is enough and it is too early to start drinking........

A real world review of Akrapovic would be nice....anyone have one ?
Yoops,

Nugget's post that was posted just above your post,

is clearly NOT intended to make the situation calm and peaceful.

It show he really want to continue this and still NOT satisfy with what the Moderator,
and the Administrator of this board had post earlier.

Again, everything is actually about to become calm after my debate with 911Rox,
had ended with good solution for me and 911Rox.

Why did Nugget had to post again after that ?

again, if Nugget or any of you still posting something that challenge me to debate again,
I would not back off.

but if things had gone peace and everybody is silent (including me) and respect the truce,
I will fade into the distance on this thread.

I agree with you, Enough is Enough,
but if someone like Nugget is still feeling Not Enough, I think I better answer his call,
so he will finally feel he have enough.

Just want to make Nugget Happy and Satisfy ENOUGH.

Last edited by prosper; 01-18-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: grammar correction again
Old 01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I need a little help here.

I'm trying to find the emoticon of the little guy shooting himself in the head.

Where do I find him? That's how I'm feeling after reading this train wreck !

Phil
Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
MGS996
Racer

Originally Posted by JMD0977
Thanks for posting the info prosper. As I stated earlier, I personanlly know an Akrapovic rep in Germany that can ship the systems worldwide with a turn around time of about one week from when the payments are made and with a VERY significant discount no one I know of can match. In light of that, I dont see anyone in this forum paying MSRP. Akrapovic does not discount to public customers, that I know of. If anyone is interested, PM me. Im in no way related with Akrapovic, just a customer with connections
Thanks JMD0977 for the PM. Very interested in purchasing the complete Akrapovic system.

Cheers
Old 01-18-2010, 09:17 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 280 Likes on 135 Posts

Thanks JMD0977 for the PM. Very interested in purchasing the complete Akrapovic system.

Cheers

PM sent.

Quick Reply: Where are you guys buying Akrapovic systems?