Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 is on the ship...arrival TBD

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 GT3 is on the ship...arrival TBD

I expect the ship to pull into an East Coast port in a few days. Does anyone know when the 2010's will actually be released to the dealers? My rep said they haven't been told yet, so he has no idea how long it will sit before he gets the car.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry for hijack, but what is the actual shipping time from factory to east coast?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I expect the ship to pull into an East Coast port in a few days. Does anyone know when the 2010's will actually be released to the dealers? My rep said they haven't been told yet, so he has no idea how long it will sit before he gets the car.
I have been told September repeatedly by my dealer, though he doesn't seem confident in any info he's getting on the GT3 from PNA, so who knows.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:02 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

PCNA will be holding MY10 Carreras etc. at the port so dealers can rid themselves of MY09 inventory.

The GT3 should NOT be effected and should pass thru no problem.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
PCNA will be holding MY10 Carreras etc. at the port so dealers can rid themselves of MY09 inventory.

The GT3 should NOT be effected and should pass thru no problem.
MJones, you have been a more reliable source of info than any other, so I'm hoping you're right on this one as well. I've only been without a car for a little over a month, but its killing me.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:02 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pick it up ASAP and let us know about the little hole in the sky - it better not have one!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:35 PM
PNUT
Instructor

MINE WAS BORN A 6/17/2009 AND SHOULD BE DELIVERED TO ME FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST (WEST COAST DELIVERY AFTER COMPLETION IS +/- 6 WEEKS.) THIS ACCORDING TO MY DEALER AS WELL.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Dealers amaze me...
The status of an order, where it is in the production, is just a few keystrokes away, all the salesperson has to do is input the reference # and viola...

Once ONVESL status is reached, the vehicle shipping report can tell you what ship it is on and it's ETA.

Shame on all salespeople who try to mystify the process or make up stories, when in fact all the info is easily available and takes moments of time to get! So easy even a caveman could do it.

Bug your salespeople !!!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Pick it up ASAP and let us know about the little hole in the sky - it better not have one!
We know for sure already that there is no sunroof. Was a thread with a US-spec picked up in Zuffenhausen (tourist delivery) and the roof was pure - no untoward holes
Old 07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by MJones
Dealers amaze me...
The status of an order, where it is in the production, is just a few keystrokes away, all the salesperson has to do is input the reference # and viola...

Once ONVESL status is reached, the vehicle shipping report can tell you what ship it is on and it's ETA.

Shame on all salespeople who try to mystify the process or make up stories, when in fact all the info is easily available and takes moments of time to get! So easy even a caveman could do it.

Bug your salespeople !!!!!!

My Rep knows that the car was completed on June 16th and he knows it's on a ship due to reach the east coast in a few days. What he doesn't know is if PCNA will release it to him right away. He said PCNA haven't given a firm commit date to release the 2010's to the dealers. So he knows how to use the computer and he knows what status the car is in. Fortunately no mystery, just a lack of concise info.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

My Rep knows that the car was completed on June 16th and he knows it's on a ship due to reach the east coast in a few days. What he doesn't know is if PCNA will release it to him right away. He said PCNA haven't given a firm commit date to release the 2010's to the dealers. So he knows how to use the computer and he knows what status the car is in. Fortunately no mystery, just a lack of concise info.
The Aegean Hwy is estimated to arrive in Baltimore 7/15

May take up to two weeks process and deliver as all GT3 cars are transported via Intercity Lines
Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
leed012
Intermediate

Just got confirmation from dlr, car is due to arrive in San Diego 7/23. Still no word on PCNA releasing it from the docks earlier to continue transport to designated Honolulu.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 AM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

same for me, but the dealer says his reps tells him it will be released in august

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 is on the ship...arrival TBD