Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OMG - GT3 Preview at Silverstone this Wednesday. Get to meet God - Andreas Preuninger

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 04:42 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaine S
Buttons - could you ask if there the dynamic mounts could be a dealer installed option? Those of us here in the US with early deliveries could not order them but I might press Porsche to add them to my car as a dealer install if that is possible.

Have fun!!!
Will ask,

thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by Adam2S
The event is by invitation only but strictly only current deposit holders for a GT3 mk2 get an invite. Im going tomorrow (its a 2 day event split into 2 sessions each day). I never filled out any questionnaires in the past and was told it was purely for customers of mk2.

I too will be taking pics if they are allowed. Im just hoping they have more than one mk2 to look at to display some of the different options available. Shame we wont get to drive a mk2, but still 1hr belting round the various tracks at silverstone should be fun even if it is in a mk1 GT3.
OPC sometimes gives it a bit of BS, but I did fill in an online questionnaire and I do have 10k deposit so........... your right it's going to be fun especially with the weather so good, hope you have a good session. I agree with your comments though.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:57 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by urban_alchemist
I'm in the UK by the way

I gather it's going to be optional - I was wandering whether the cars you will be testing will have it fitted for an idea of how much it affects noise/vibration. As I said, this will mostly be a road car, so maybe it'll be (expensive) overkill...
Sorry UC,

Missed that, sometimes access this site via iPhone (small screen) and just saw Tel Aviv and IL ,

Will find out what I can,

regards
Old 06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by _rocket
Buttons - What about fitting RS flywheel (single-mass) to 997.2 GT3? Would this void the warranty and if so, why? (In case you didn't know, Porsche does not approve nor warrant fitting RS flywheel to 997.1 GT3 despite the fact that the non-RS engine was 100% identical to RS engine - again I'd like to know why)

Please get me the answers from Andreas. Thanks.
OK Rocket, will try that one if chance and situation allows
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by Adam2S
lol, no i didnt - buttons123 is asking them tomorrow. I asked different ones so we got even more info!
Bloody Hell,

I've got some sick questions to ask!

Will try my best! Just leaving in 10 mins to a nearby hotel, it's a 2 hour drive so another excuse for a burn.

I'll be ready and up bright and early, with all my electronics.............I feel like a bloody member of the press, rather than a punter LOL,

Adam, sounds like a good session....... bar no driving of the new GT3.

Looking forward to a good rip and a bit of fun and of course Ill be very curious.

I'm wondering now if I should go for the RS .............. , will have to make an informed decision tomorrow!

Night all,

Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

If you get a chance ask him what kind of torque manipulator is available and about how much it will cost.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
black lamb
3rd Gear

I was there as well - good write up above. I stayed back with the display car at the end of the morning when everyone else went upstairs for lunch and managed to ask Andreas a few more questions. Hence a few more nuggets as below:

despite the improvement to the steels, he thinks the PCCB's are way better and recommends speccing them if you can afford them. They have moved them on some more in terms of performance and weight with the Alu centres and different spring fasteners v Gen 1

the Clubsport cage is purely for safety. It adds absolutely nothing to the stiffness of the car, only some weight...

the display car had a special steering wheel with double thickness Alcantara on it. Its not on the dealers' system but he said it was better than the standard wheel and could be requested. He said the standard wheel was a bit thin for those with bigger hands...

Paint to sample is available but not advertised. It may create a delay as they put the PTS cars down the line together so you may need to wait for some other orders to join you

he said the best VFM option was PADM. A real difference on track AND road (less vibration etc) and not very expensive

Expect a Gen 2 RS but no Gen 2 GT2
Old 06-23-2009, 06:23 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you to all!
This is what makes Rennlist a great place
Old 06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
black lamb
3rd Gear

The active engine mounts can be retro-fitted but only on the Gen2 - needs wiring etc. Andreas P told me it should be c. 1hr labour at the dealer so no need to wait for a factory build on this.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:38 PM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black lamb
Paint to sample is available but not advertised. It may create a delay as they put the PTS cars down the line together so you may need to wait for some other orders to join you
Good news that... now which of the three shortlist colours to go for.... hmmm....
Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by buttons123
Ahhhh! Cello my apologies. I often access this site via my iPhone and it's such a small screen, I missed your smilies and there's me ranting on about warranties, thanks for your comments, sorry I was a bit slow there, very slow !!! Duh.

buttons123 - no worries! Humor, esp if subtle, tranlates badly on the interweb for the most part. Cannot wait to read your report! Again, I envy you! Maybe the best question would be for Andeas' cell #. Ok, I'm done, dont forget to tip the waitresses ....

Originally Posted by MJones
Thank you to all!
This is what makes Rennlist a great place
+1 - Thx, Guys, for the first hand reports of a great event ..
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black lamb
he said the best VFM option was PADM. A real difference on track AND road (less vibration etc) and not very expensive
What is VFM?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:10 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by cello
buttons123 - no worries! Humor, esp if subtle, tranlates badly on the interweb for the most part. Cannot wait to read your report! Again, I envy you! Maybe the best question would be for Andeas' cell #. Ok, I'm done, dont forget to tip the waitresses ....

+1 - Thx, Guys, for the first hand reports of a great event ..
Guys, do you know and I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it but I totally forgot.................................................................. ....................................................................... I've actually got Andreas' phone number and email address, but I've never used it........ ever!

I will be glad to meet him again tomorrow and will check if it's ok to contact him if I've got any kind of queries! Then we'll have "God" at our fingertips.

I really do honestly 100% have this and I can't believe I forgot about it.

Again, I will check with him tomorrow!

Here's a couple of pics from my last trip a week or two ago just to remind us all that these are just about the best cars in the world!!!!

Last edited by buttons123; 06-09-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by _rocket
What is VFM?
VFM = value for money?? at a guess
Old 06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Just two last shots of the Stelvio Pass 2 weeks ago! Only another 60 hairpins turns to go!!

Last edited by buttons123; 06-09-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Quick Reply: OMG - GT3 Preview at Silverstone this Wednesday. Get to meet God - Andreas Preuninger