Lifting System for GT3.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
You should be able to retrofit the system to a 997.1 quite easily... The issue will most likely be cost...

The system consists of a pump and small tank so some electrical will be required to run a switch to the dash and power... Cost will come in the form of the replacement front dampers that accept the pneumatic line... Knowing Porsche, I'm sure they won't come cheap as a spare part...
I read (or heard) it also has enough intelligence to lower the nose above 15 mph (or whatever speed.) I could imagine there's new signals out of the 997.2 ECU for the speed controlled lowering. The accumulator (tank) could be very small (baseball) and they've probably hidden in the undercarriage or the nose in front of one wheel, but retrofitting the complete system would be a pain of a job. I'd like to think the pneumatic lifting yoke is built into the top of the PASM strut (to avoid having any additional unsprung weight) and that would require updating to a new front strut assuming no other changes to the wheel carrier, etc. At first blush, it doesn't seem like a fun project. : )
Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Turbo4ever
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New audio info!!

http://www.drivers-republic.com/audi...0eeba268ca9e9c

The lifting system front axle only weight 5kg and the new PCCB is less weight than the ones on the MK1 GT3/RS.

PCCB and Lifting system for me and can't wait for the review of new engine mount.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I will order it, and will retrofit to the GT2 if posible.

It just makes the car really streetable, specially on those ramps on NYC garages!

In places like Europe or LatAm with narrower, steeper ramps, its a must.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I read (or heard) it also has enough intelligence to lower the nose above 15 mph (or whatever speed.) I could imagine there's new signals out of the 997.2 ECU for the speed controlled lowering. The accumulator (tank) could be very small (baseball) and they've probably hidden in the undercarriage or the nose in front of one wheel, but retrofitting the complete system would be a pain of a job. I'd like to think the pneumatic lifting yoke is built into the top of the PASM strut (to avoid having any additional unsprung weight) and that would require updating to a new front strut assuming no other changes to the wheel carrier, etc. At first blush, it doesn't seem like a fun project. : )
Didn't realise that it was speed determined also... Therefore system is likely to be a pain in the *** as well as expensive to install.... espescially if the input isn't already available on the ECU of the 997.1... Trust Porsche to make a retrofit hard, suppose they can't charge the big bucks otherwise...
Old 03-13-2009, 08:14 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

31 MPH

Last edited by MJones; 08-03-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Lifting System for GT3.