might sell 2008 green rs

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
If its the one at Downtown Porsche in LA, don't bother. They want wayyyyyy to much for the car. Like cars are going for 145k on Ebay every week, there's one on there now with the same options plus a Porsche roll bar for 145k. FYI. I'd wait for the Mk2 instead of selling the farm for that car.

Fash
Thanks. I think you answered my question indirectly. Yes, that's the one and, like I said, the asking price is ludicrous, although I know they would make it a lot more interesting for me. But a 997.2 GT3 probably makes more sense for many reasons.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 AM
4retr
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 08 RS at Downtown LA Porsche was my 2nd RS. I don't know what they are asking now but I know they paid north of $150K for it late last year.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:17 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 841 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^
It really isn't scary, the Dumocrats have talked us into a recession; and our newly elected President is going to talk us into a depression if he keeps talking about how grim things are at the moment. Compounded by the fact he is already talking about a second bailout package before the first one is enacted. How stupid and inexperienced is that?

Why wouldn't they slow things down and get the first one right, with everyone on board?. Well, that approach wouldn't buy enough votes to institutionalize the Dumocratic party, instead they want to redistribute money to the non-payers.

Unfortunately, the dumbing down of America has succeeded, the scary part is that it might not be reversible.

All markets are soft, but the RS has held up better than most; look at Ferrari they have almost turned out the lights. Their market bubble has burst, their Dealers are broke and can't support the market that they successfully manipulated for years.

Moral of the story: Never buy any car that that you don't want to own (and/or enjoy) for a long time or else be prepared to suffer the consequences.
So you think that these Companies are laying off people because of what the Democrats are saying. Thats pretty funny. Me thinks you havent been watching the economy deteriorate for the last 15-16 months. BTW, 3.6M jobs lost and counting. This didnt happen since Jan 20, 2009.

As far as the RS. A brand new 2008 - I think someone will pay at least sticker to get it. Has to be a special buyer tho.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4retr
The 08 RS at Downtown LA Porsche was my 2nd RS. I don't know what they are asking now but I know they paid north of $150K for it late last year.

Why did you sell it? Any problems with it (RMS, etc)? How did you get a dealer to pay over MSRP for a used GT3RS? Wow...

Flash
Old 02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I think the MSRP for all 2008's has sailed........... time to either hold em' or dump em'

Quick Reply: might sell 2008 green rs