Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just drove my First C-6 Corvette OH MY

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad you liked it TC!! that was a pretty silly post on his part. I guess he forgets that the same motor
that Caddy borrowed from Chevys Corvette line was a PUSHROD motor talk about Model T lineage.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
The 6.3 liter Normally aspirated motor is just magic

the motor in your C63 is only a 6.2L. thought it was a typo, but you said 6.3 a couple more times. just letting you know.

nice mill, i like forced induction better though. too bad the old c55 didn't have the supercharged motor from the e55, i'd look into one.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Y65 are you 12? That might have been the most ignorant post I have seen in years.
It took quite a bit of effort on my part to dumb myself down to your level as it does with most of your posts. First off, it must have taken you hours to come up with something as sophomoric as the corvette interior is not equal to that of a Porsche. Plus even a 12 year old would not compare your secretary’s car on steroids (C63) to a vette. Though I am sure people who support GM are flattered by your comparison.

Plus being an OLD GUY, assuming literacy, I figured you would were capable of reading that this is the 997 GT3/GT2 forum. Not the American Muscle forum. So next time maybe you could put your silly post in the right section. Once again, even a 12 year old knows that.

One more thing. Prior to the latest generation of AMG cars (which is what I was referring to in my previous post which challenged your comprehension), they were by no means technological wonders. Ever drive an E55? It is like driving the box Corvette came in.

How did you like that CTS-V video from the ring? Palm Springs has some nice roads doesn't it. I will be at Monticello Motor Club this weekend doing laps in the new CTS-V. Which holds the track record lap time currently. I will post my review in the correct section.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I know this is a GT3 forum. I have had 2 996 and a 997. I have had alot of GT3 pilots ask me about the car- they were thinking of a nice daily too and unlike
guys who drive old 964, they can afford a AMG C63, which is the bench mark now for AMG cars the first AMG designed from the ground up by AMG.
Thats why this post is in here at those guys behest, thats a little history there something else you failed in elementary school. GT3 and GT2 guys tend to own one or more cars than the GT3 orthe GT2 thats in their garage so in this forum we talk about alot of new higher performace cars.
I can see someone like you dropping in every once in a great while from the
914 fourm might not realize that. It would be confusing for someone at your level.
And once you go back to the 914 forum you will be on my aircooled ignore list so dont bother coming back over without something to say thats relevant
OR you have your GED and 6 pack of miller light

An e55 is ancient history and not part or this conversation. SO what ever
point you have made there its moot.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

IBTL
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Y65MPH

Plus being an OLD GUY, assuming literacy, I figured you would were capable of reading that this is the 997 GT3/GT2 forum. Not the American Muscle forum. So next time maybe you could put your silly post in the right section. Once again, even a 12 year old knows that.
+1
Old 11-05-2008, 03:43 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

since you guys can afford a GT3 you dont come in here much. Most guys here have alot of cars
we talk aboug all kinds of cars. Lotus's Z06's BMW, AMG. etc etc etc.
Soif you want to start censuring then go to the 914 forum and talk about it.
Not here.
I had 5 GT3 guys ask my about the AMG. We play what if I get a Z06 instead of my GT3 all the time. This is AMERICA and we talk about all kinds of things in this forum related to the GT3
I brought up something that was relevant to a post made weeks ago.
Now go back to your 914 forums and talk about the subaru engine mod.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:00 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

both of you probaby voted for Obama too.
You are now on my ignore list
Old 11-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

both of you probaby voted for Obama too.
You are now on my ignore list
I did not vote for Obama and I don't have a GT3, I have a GT2 and one of those old 964 turbos. Your post count seems to be an inverse relationship to your intelligence quotient. Being on your ignore list sounds like a welcome place. I thank you for that.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

- they were thinking of a nice daily too and unlike
guys who drive old 964, they can afford a AMG C63
What an elitist ***** you (still) are.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

When people come out and post ignorant ignorant crap then yes I become a smart *****.
If you will notice I drive a $60K car now. I know you didnt read the whole thead.
***** defines someone who only shows up in flame war posts like you.
And your damn good at it. I thought you had matured. Obviously not.
I was attacked by that guy and I attacked back. Why did you show up
other than you like the smell of crap? Just like a shroom
Old 11-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

As they say, never argue with someone who is ignorant. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. The Old Guy is the poster child for ignorance. As you can see by the Guy who finds it necessary to belittle Corvette, 964, and 914 owners since they seem to be well below his high brow stature. Old Guy, I welcome your attacks but I would appreciate if you would not offend other members of this community. You may find a 914 and 964 to be an inferior car for inferior individuals but I do not. Next time please put more thought into your posts, or at least try (this may be a herculean task for you) to be more mature.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

OG,
I truly feel sorry for you only being able to have a $60k car. Are you sure you are qualified to post here? I mean, by your own admission people who own 914s and 964s shouldn't be posting here because they don't have enough money, but, you know... where do we draw the line? With only a $60k car, I'm thinking that you don't belong here either.

You have to be the most insecure guy I have ever seen on Rennlist. You jump to wrong conclusions quicker than you can say paranoid. Remember your accusations about your neighbor, that was classic Old Guy.

Regarding the smell of crap, I don't like it. But, now that you mention it, even someone with a head cold can smell one of your threads from a mile away.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:50 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

it looks like this all went to hell when one party down talked the C63 and another party down talked the GM LS powered Cadillac.......

from there it went to insults and he said , she said etc.....

the powers of car knowledge crashed into each other...... which is good. Alot of knowledgable people on the renn, keeps it fun when others throw knowledge.... sometimes faster then we want... but you gotta love car people

would like to see more fact throwing vs. insulting...... i see intelligent posts by both parties.....

generalizations have been thrown by both pertaining to the brands at hand....

lets bare in mind;

Cadillac CTSV's ran successfully world challenge, and quality has increased suggnificantly

The Merc AMG, first to be completly designed by AMG is a great piece.... technology everwhere!

The benz SLR did alright at the ring last time i checked too...

THis just goes to show that the Porsche hobby is more of an obession then anything else! gotta love it!

And being the GT3 forum, a lot of posters are racers which goes to show way competition is in the blood of this particular post......

Old 11-06-2008, 03:59 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 210 Posts

Oldguy- I value your posts because u gone thru a few nice pcars ie 993tt/6gt3/7gt3 and I have nothing but respect that u have owned those cars. But the BAD part is u have dissed every pcar and some decent competitors out there. If u do this enough u come from "Oldguy" to "Old geezer"- cars of all makes has there place and pricepoint so do people. When u diss people of lesser cars- what does it make u? An "Old Geezer". I'm not casting a negative against u just pointing out there are always pcar guys/corvette guys/ pontiac aztek guys(lol) and will always be. We're lucky to have opportunity to have these cars of this caliber just I think its bad to belittle lesser cars. By the way Corvette zo6 500 hp owners- at the track equal drivers u have the advantage- sad to say but also respect. Mike

Quick Reply: Just drove my First C-6 Corvette OH MY