Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Saw an interesting GT3 at the track today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,693 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by karlooz
man, you can't cant. we've got 5 on the team.
really. and you spell as well as i do.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:52 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
really. and you spell as well as i do.
LOL, changed it
Old 08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

would love to. but i have a BIG toy coming sometime around then, i cannot venture too far from home. even thunderhill 160miles out is too far.

dont ask what the toy is. i will announce it when it's here. i think everyone will like it.
Congrats. ::
Old 08-08-2008, 10:38 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carn3rd
No i dont

I would but i'm tired of the uncalled for, unnecessary comments that come with being a newbie to the track. I have a great passion for cars and know a good amount about how they work but solely b/c i dont have the track experience with it i get called out, put down, etc and honestly its just not worth getting excited over. I'm all about respect and on this particular sub forum i get none, at least from a couple members, so its just not worth it to comment anymore.

As such, I'm really starting to understand RL now. Its more of a closed community to those with track experience. If you dont have it, dont comment or be prepared for a lot of arrogant useless comments aimed at putting you in your 'place' and reminding everyone on this board of your newbie status. And like i said frankly i'm tired of hearing it. I think A LOT of the more track experienced members take a great deal of pride in putting newbies in their place instead of welcoming them. Comes with the territory i suppose. I've gotten all i need from RL (mainly contacts like Mooty, CJ, Dan, etc...), as well as many outside enthusiast and tuners who can help guide my track time, spending, instruction, etc...so in a short while i'm going to give posting on RL a rest. At least until i have more track experience so i dont have to deal with the arrogance.

But we can chat in person at CAL if you like.

Best,
Hey hey hey

C'mon, it's a rookie thing. We're all doing the same thing and loving it. We've all taken, and continue to take a rolling from someone who is faster and smoother.

If you have thin skin, racing is going to be more difficult than it needs to be.

Go out and make yourself grin. That and a quiet compliment from someone much better are all the props you're gonna get out there that matter. Unless you get so good someone is writing you check to drive. and you know how likely that is...

Old 08-08-2008, 10:41 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

would love to. but i have a BIG toy coming sometime around then, i cannot venture too far from home. even thunderhill 160miles out is too far.

dont ask what the toy is. i will announce it when it's here. i think everyone will like it.
Moooooty...

C'mon, give us a peak up her leg...

Old 08-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Colby, you mention the helpful heros of rennlist, but do not underestimate the experience of they guys that are the track junkies, we see it happen almost every weekend, we instruct the beginners and you can really profit from their critisism and respondes. Everyone her is passionate 'bout their Porsche experience.
I never under cut the advice of more experience track junkies. Sorry i suppose that wasnt clear with my comment unless you've been following all of my posts. I greatly appreciate straight up blunt advice. Ask Mooty, that's all he gives me.

I dont want to keep reiterating myself but again what i can't stand is the arrogance. When experience track members knowingly and pridefully post a comment with only the intention of cutting a newbie down-posted to remind ALL that the newbie is just that. In the aforementioned posts there is no advice, no encouragement, etc...they are aimed at one thing and one thing only. To make fun of, cut down, or remind all of someone's newbie status. Those and only those types of uncalled for comments are the ones i will not stand for.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Be ready, i'm coming by with my 'new' car soon to twist your arm.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:25 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Be ready, i'm coming by with my 'new' car soon to twist your arm.
car is not up in nor cal yet?
you'll be driving to TH friday night man!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

car is not up in nor cal yet?
you'll be driving to TH friday night man!
LOL! I know. I'll be driving back tomorrow evening.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

I dont want to keep reiterating myself but again what i can't stand is the arrogance. When experience track members knowingly and pridefully post a comment with only the intention of cutting a newbie down-posted to remind ALL that the newbie is just that. In the aforementioned posts there is no advice, no encouragement, etc...they are aimed at one thing and one thing only. To make fun of, cut down, or remind all of someone's newbie status. Those and only those types of uncalled for comments are the ones i will not stand for.

I think you'll have to point me to these posts, but part of it may be perspective. I just looked over this thread and the tire one again to see how scary RL can be and honestly I only found a few posts slightly resembling what you're referring to. And the worst one was something along the lines of "wait really, you've NEVER been to the track?"

The perspective I mention is that on one hand you could assume that this statement is meant to "cut" you down and tell yourself to be patient with it, but on the other hand you could see that this statement has nothing to do with an attack or jab, and is a reasonable reaction that has nothing really to do with you specifically. In this case there's actually nothing to be patient about. GT3s are rarely people's first track car so that's surprising and most everyone (myself included) come into motorsport with preconceived notions that the more experienced are used to hearing and dispelling (the competition tire used too early comes up every time). So really I bet most posts you're referring to are either an honest reaction of surprise considering your excellent machinery or an effort to give you perspective on beginning DE.

Maybe there were some rude comments that I missed, but "REALLY your first day" isn't one of them.

Also as others have stated, you'll learn the most if you're not looking to be offended by others' arrogance. Heck, in my opinion this is a kid's sandbox compared to the competition at Cal. And it probably should be because this is our hobby.

"What do you care what other people think!" -Feynman
Old 08-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Yargk
I think you'll have to point me to these posts, but part of it may be perspective. I just looked over this thread and the tire one again to see how scary RL can be and honestly I only found a few posts slightly resembling what you're referring to. And the worst one was something along the lines of "wait really, you've NEVER been to the track?"

The perspective I mention is that on one hand you could assume that this statement is meant to "cut" you down and tell yourself to be patient with it, but on the other hand you could see that this statement has nothing to do with an attack or jab, and is a reasonable reaction that has nothing really to do with you specifically. In this case there's actually nothing to be patient about. GT3s are rarely people's first track car so that's surprising and most everyone (myself included) come into motorsport with preconceived notions that the more experienced are used to hearing and dispelling (the competition tire used too early comes up every time). So really I bet most posts you're referring to are either an honest reaction of surprise considering your excellent machinery or an effort to give you perspective on beginning DE.

Maybe there were some rude comments that I missed, but "REALLY your first day" isn't one of them.

Also as others have stated, you'll learn the most if you're not looking to be offended by others' arrogance. Heck, in my opinion this is a kid's sandbox compared to the competition at Cal. And it probably should be because this is our hobby.

"What do you care what other people think!" -Feynman
Keith, pm sent. And i could care less about the competition at CAL. The degree is for my parents. Career wise i have my own ideas and a degree from CAL isnt going to be useful in any of them.

With regard to the comments, you have to look at more than just words and that's all i'll say about that. Again, i highly doubt my posts will be missed. See you at CAL.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

pm sent
Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Yargk
Heck, in my opinion this is a kid's sandbox compared to the competition at Cal....
boy are we going off topic, LOL
CAL aint bad, when i was at GSD, Gund Hall, Havard... they moment you leave studio without locking up your dwg and models, they will be destroyed upon your return. they have a way to eliminate competition. lower class sits at bottom of the tired class room (you have to visit Gund Hall to know what i am talking about) so upperclassman can spit on you.

Quick Reply: Saw an interesting GT3 at the track today...