Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FWIW GT3 RS Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Philip in AL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FWIW GT3 RS Dyno Results

Took the car in today (as I take all of my cars in at some point) for three runs on a DynoJet. The first was the 3rd gear pull and the second and third pulls were both 4th gear. Each run was 5 minutes apart. The car has 1,400 miles. Results were corrected using SAE. The two 4th gear pulls were within 1 hp of each other, I only included one of them in the chart. Now that the the abs and traction control lights are out, do I need to reset the check engine light or will it go away on its own?

On another note, a friend put his 2007 GT3 on right before mine. His started strong and then just leveled off like the car went into some type of "limp" mode. He peeked Hp at about 240. I expected mine to do the same, but it didn't. Why would his do that?

I thought I saved the SAE info on disk, but obviously did not. The dyno has its own weather station and it was 91 degrees. The lower Hp run was the very first pull and in 3rd gear. This is at the rear wheels.

For comparing, the hard to read dyno picture is from my 2005 GT3 (both base run and then after a Unichip PNP setup; which is for sale if anyone wants it). If you can't see it, after the Unichip I developed 375.3 at the wheels. Base looks like it was around 340 hp. I don't trust the old dyno near as much as the DynoJet at Walker Dyno.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Philip in AL; 06-12-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:00 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

those are good #'s. Now the bad news is you may have worn your rear brakes. The 997 platforms all apply rear braking anytime they sense a speed discrepancy between the front and rear wheels. If you were on a true 2wd dyno and the front wheels were stationary the computer may have been applying the rears all the while to alleviate the speed differentials. There have been a couple cases on 997tt's where the entire rear brake pads have been coked and the fluid boiled over. This may not occur on the Gt3 variants but you may want to check
Old 06-12-2008, 05:15 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
those are good #'s. Now the bad news is you may have worn your rear brakes. The 997 platforms all apply rear braking anytime they sense a speed discrepancy between the front and rear wheels. If you were on a true 2wd dyno and the front wheels were stationary the computer may have been applying the rears all the while to alleviate the speed differentials. There have been a couple cases on 997tt's where the entire rear brake pads have been coked and the fluid boiled over. This may not occur on the Gt3 variants but you may want to check

They mention in the manual to avoid dynos with these cars. You need a special one that is set up to properly do it, or maybe if you know which fuses to pull so that what you described does not happen??? I don't know for sure, but it seems that unless you really know what you are doing, you should not be dynoing these cars.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

- don't worry about the brakes if you hit the tc botton
- assuming the dyno guy did this, there is no issue
- the gt3 is not a tt with psm

- you need a vag tool to clear the check engine light (Durametric works)

- what octane did you use
Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

997gt3north is right. tc was off. However, you can pull the ABS fuse or relay. The Porsche shops sometimes use a laptop to disable the pasm/tc when they put a car on the rack. Even if you did nothing, abs system would throw a light and them disable itself.

No issues whatsoever. All went smooth. Good runs. I cleared the check engine light and reset all the code faults this afternoon. I swear that cars as fast as my F430...and it's putting out 517 Hp (with exhaust changes). I love the GT3 RS. If you look at my past post you'll see that I almost swapped it in on a 430 Scuderia a month ago. No way, I love this car.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

philip

- octane that was used?

- on canadian sunoco 94, on a similar dyno but at 70 degress with fvd software, my car is doing 389whp
- software is worth about 5whp

- 91 degress and bad airflow will definitely cause the car to pull major major timing
Old 06-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Philip in AL
Pro

I have you beat. Pump premium, 91 degrees and no airflow. A/F ratio was good; somewhere between upper 11's to mid to upper 12's. The SAE is supposed to factor, but I can't help but think that with proper airflow and on a cooler day without 70+% humidity, you could do better. It's also been my experience that you pick up a few more horses when the car is more broken in (I have 1,400 miles). In my last GT3, I seemed to peak at around 3,000 to 4,000 miles. My last GT3 was a screamer; that car would fly also. Used to **** some 996TT drivers off.

By the way, I don't even know the octane rating. I filled up on the way to the dyno. It would have been 91 or 92 max.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:51 AM
leon924s
6th Gear

Default Dyno

Hi There,

I dyno'd my car this week ( 2007 GT3 ) and had bizzare results. check out my dyno graph and let me know if you think it is anything like your friends one.

Thanks
Leon
Old 07-15-2019, 01:28 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 103 Posts

I had my 2007 GT3 on the dyno last year and did 381whp with basically no fan support into the rear air scoop.

Quick Reply: FWIW GT3 RS Dyno Results