Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Pagid P50 "green" race pad - pics + some info ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*UPDATE*

I do now have the correct Porsche Motorsports pads for PCCB cars.

Either use OEM or these PMNA pads - NO other pads is approved for use on PCCB rotors - none.

Contact me, I have a fresh bunch from PM
Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

New batch arrived from PMNA - e-mail if you are ready to track your PCCB car
Old 06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:

The 8003 has MORE OF A CUTOUT, a few mm difference on the inner edge
Old 06-10-2010, 04:25 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Background 2707 pad set is approx 2-3mm deeper ie taller inner edge

Last edited by TrackDays247.com; 07-08-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:23 PM
BigT
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm new and not sure what your objective is, but the PMNA Green Pagid pad is a unique part for PMNA but is he same material as the Gray Pagid pad, If you check out the Pagid tech data you will see it has the highest coefficient of friction of any Pagid pad. Therefore it gives the most aggressive initial bite and the downside is that it is the most aggressive on rotors-wear is high. It is an all out sprint pad,
Having used it and many of the other Pagid compounds on cup cars for last 7 years, I moved away from green pads and went to the endurance yellow (first P19, now updated to P29 pads). In order to play with brake bias before having in car adjustable bias, I have used P19s in front, and the P50s in rear to get more rear bias. Advice though is be careful as there is a big difference in bite and wear, nothing is free,
Old 06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Head Shot

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
It's technical information with regards to the pad comppounds - and if you bothered to read the other P50 posts, you'd find that this is a HUGE area of confusion.

Your rudeness continues to amaze us:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ic-brakes.html
Craig, you're a site sponsor and entitled to one thing: promoting your product on the forum -- you're not entitled to attack other forum guests.

You took a head shot in the thread you reference and you're dead. Stop making these noises about what continues to "amaze us" ... and who's "us?" Are you royalty and entitled to the "Royal We" ... ?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

So for PCCB what is the advantage if any of the Pagid green pads over OE???????????
I have had no issue with the OE pads performance at all...However they do not last more that 7-8 track days.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any definition yet on 1) the "actual" part #s for ceramics versus non ceramics with P50 material and 2) the prices for the various parts (even if it is MSRP (which no one pays!)) and 3) the specification re the material in each of the alternatives; or will the the messenger continue to be beheaded...rotors destroyed and myths about the inadequacies of ceramics perpetuated.

I can't believe the Engineers on this forum are content with the vagueness surrounding this whole subject!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigT
I'm new and not sure what your objective is, but the PMNA Green Pagid pad is a unique part for PMNA but is he same material as the Gray Pagid pad, If you check out the Pagid tech data you will see it has the highest coefficient of friction of any Pagid pad. Therefore it gives the most aggressive initial bite and the downside is that it is the most aggressive on rotors-wear is high. It is an all out sprint pad,
Having used it and many of the other Pagid compounds on cup cars for last 7 years, I moved away from green pads and went to the endurance yellow (first P19, now updated to P29 pads). In order to play with brake bias before having in car adjustable bias, I have used P19s in front, and the P50s in rear to get more rear bias. Advice though is be careful as there is a big difference in bite and wear, nothing is free,
Haha... I think you are referring to a different "green" pad. Initial bite of a P50 green is FAR worse than the stock PCCB P40 pads unless they are fully up to temp. When tracking, if you don't get some heat into your PCCB greens you are in for a mighty rude surprise at your first high speed corner my friend.

The pad we are discussing is the P50 and *is PCCB specific*. For sure the pad you are referencing is a totally different compound.

P50 Greens on PCCB come into play at higher brake temps, wear better (thicker lining material), and tend to require higher brake pedal pressure to get bite when cold.

I find the stock P40's crack more and have even given me a soft(er) pedal when really worked hard. The P50's never have given me a soft pedal.

Oh PS- After a good track thrashing my P50's squeal like a freaking freight train.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Haha... I think you are referring to a different "green" pad. Initial bite of a P50 green is FAR worse than the stock PCCB P40 pads unless they are fully up to temp. When tracking, if you don't get some heat into your PCCB greens you are in for a mighty rude surprise at your first high speed corner my friend.

The pad we are discussing is the P50 and *is PCCB specific*. For sure the pad you are referencing is a totally different compound.

P50 Greens on PCCB come into play at higher brake temps, wear better (thicker lining material), and tend to require higher brake pedal pressure to get bite when cold.

I find the stock P40's crack more and have even given me a soft(er) pedal when really worked hard. The P50's never have given me a soft pedal.

Oh PS- After a good track thrashing my P50's squeal like a freaking freight train.

Soft pedal on the 997 is probably the rears.

Squeal is something you think they'd have resolved by now.

What's the Porsche or PMNA p/n for the set of greens on ceramics?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Soft pedal on the 997 is probably the rears.

Squeal is something you think they'd have resolved by now.

What's the Porsche or PMNA p/n for the set of greens on ceramics?
I think the squeal is at least partly due to not being able to fit the steel shims to the backs of the P50's, not enough space when pads are new. The friction material is much thicker than OE P40's.

Interesting- the rears are still P40 material, just thicker (and green!). I forgot about that.

Don't know about the PMNA or P number?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
+100!

I have the same problem with P50s--whether on stock PCCBs or aftermarket Brembo racing steels (those with the funky criss-cross slots). Once you work these pads up to operating temperature they squeal like a pig in the slaughterhouse...

I'm on my second set of P50s and probably the last. Going back to stock P40s and Pagid RS29s coz I can't put up with the aural torture... (not to mention the funny looks from other drivers in the paddock!)
Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
So for PCCB what is the advantage if any of the Pagid green pads over OE???????????
I have had no issue with the OE pads performance at all...However they do not last more that 7-8 track days.
I've read a number of threads on the P50 pads for PCCB and am still confused. My first question is, can the OE pads (P40) be used on PCCB for the track if you are willing to change them more frequently? And are they more PCCB rotor friendly that P50 or is there no difference in that regard?

And with the P50 pads, is the advantage, greater longevity of the pad relative to P40 and better braking when at temp?

For the advanced intermediates like myself, what is the consensus?
Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by scott40
I've read a number of threads on the P50 pads for PCCB and am still confused. My first question is, can the OE pads (P40) be used on PCCB for the track if you are willing to change them more frequently? And are they more PCCB rotor friendly that P50 or is there no difference in that regard?

And with the P50 pads, is the advantage, greater longevity of the pad relative to P40 and better braking when at temp?

For the advanced intermediates like myself, what is the consensus?
Your are pretty much spot on.

In my experience (Spyder and RS), OE PCCB pads have more cold and intermediate temp bite, the OE pads wear faster, crack more, can chunk, bevel faster, and I have gotten them to fade.

The P50s' have less bite when cold, better bite and feel when hot, crack less, never chunk, sometimes squeal like an 18 wheeler, never fade. You MUST get some heat into these pads for them to work 100%. A warm up lap is critical.

Rotor wear on my cars is negligible if any.

With all this said, I would hate to track on P40's (OE) again. Not as confidence inspiring when hot.

There are always trade-offs, yes?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 AM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Keep in mind the 997 PCCB PMNA Green pads are P50 front AND rear --

Quick Reply: Pagid P50 "green" race pad - pics + some info ...