Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Gt3RS , ceramics no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an 11/27 build date for & RS and selected PCCB's no mention of problems to me. They are on the proforma invoice also.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its scarey that you can get more accurate, thorough information up here than at the dealers themselves. it sounded crazy to me, and i hope its the case that they are reshippig....it woudl beg questions about warranty issues, or after market/replacement/replenishment needs. i could understand a short, temporary undersupply due to misguaging demand, but i guarantee at 8k extra, they had someone busting hard to refill the bins.

if anyone sees or hears differently let me know. i still have an interest in this one particular allocation which isnt for some time.
regards,
steve

Originally Posted by rop3
I have an 11/27 build date for & RS and selected PCCB's no mention of problems to me. They are on the proforma invoice also.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
its scarey that you can get more accurate, thorough information up here than at the dealers themselves.

why not just go to the configurator on the German site to see what is available - and that is only a subset of what is actually available. A good German dealership will know more, but best of all is to go to the factory with your dealer and specify the car there

R+C
Old 09-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a set of the rotors if anyone would like to upgrade their car. FYI.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Watt 08 GT3s stop production in Nov/Dec 07 no more after that
with 100 Base GT3s and 60 RS you can see why.
I have no clue why though
this explains why gt3 prices seem so firm... maybe i'll keep mine... thanks Paul
Old 09-11-2007, 12:17 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

No Prob Watt youre welcome as always
they *are* staying firm
Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM
007GT3
Instructor

My porsche dealer told me that in 2008 ceramics won't be available on GT3s or RSs as the ceramic stocks are being used on the turbo and GT2 production cars.

Thus, if you can order a GT3 or RS with ceramics in 08 I would say jump all over it.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:00 PM
george_k
Instructor

From browsing the Porsche website and configurator, the PCCB brakes seem to be available everywhere
except North America, I saw them on the UK, german, Middle eastern and Japan sites on the configurator on all 911 models, does not seem like a supply problem. very strange.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:32 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i have no idea. too frustrating to get good info and too aggravating and annoying to place an order, mayb elater upon delivery or build be told sorry, we cant give you pccbs.....hence i passed on an 08 allocation. dealer made 2 calls adn while i think he wanted to work with me, considering they are going for 30 to 40over right now, current market, he didnt have a problem with my saying i was passing on the allocation.
i have no idea. one dude just got a gt3 in midwest which was supposed to have Ceramics, but did not have them. guy left the car at the dealer and walked.

what is going on here is what i want to know?
Originally Posted by george_k
From browsing the Porsche website and configurator, the PCCB brakes seem to be available everywhere
except North America, I saw them on the UK, german, Middle eastern and Japan sites on the configurator on all 911 models, does not seem like a supply problem. very strange.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Also have them on my Oct build. Have not heard anything to the contrary. Still in the computer with the brakes.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:37 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

At what point are U notified they are unavailable?
Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 AM
dylant
AutoX

from my understanding, of the 60 RS's built in MY 08, only 20 get the PCCB. The PCCB's were decided before the allocation was ever given to the dealers. My customer has an October 29th build with PCCB's.

But what the hell do I know, I just sell the damn things.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
george_k
Instructor

dylant, Do you have any idea why the PCCB's seem to be available everywhere else but in the USA
I checked about a dozen Porsche worldwide sites and their car configurators, and the PCCB's were available - even in China!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by george_k
dylant, Do you have any idea why the PCCB's seem to be available everywhere else but in the USA
I checked about a dozen Porsche worldwide sites and their car configurators, and the PCCB's were available - even in China!

Because they are thought to be too expensive for the US market and many customers have unrealistic expectations of them.

R+C
Old 09-15-2007, 05:29 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Someone i know has an o8 on the boat, and was promised y someone at factory they HAVE 100% the brakes. i think they exist for the rest of the world on an ongoing basis, but they probably chopped us out since a great# might go here. seems foolish considering how small the production run is...
i think u should be set.... i just think my dealer is uninterested in 'accomodating' me, or really making the phone call. i hate jerk of fs like that.

craziest thing is that whilei can udnerstand the aggitation of not realizing the 15 to 30 + valuation over sticker, on the other hand, if you've agreed to one at msrp with a good client,t hen dont get short sighted with someoen especially like me who is a repeat buyer. they'd make that a few times over in other cars down the line. but no, they have to waste my time and frustrate me, so fine, i dont do this car with them, but i wont do any with them either.

based on my undertandign, if you see them on an invoice, all looks good, you are set. the dealers if you want them, i guess, have to really push a bit with their local/regional reps and higher up to get the ceramics. but they exist.

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Also have them on my Oct build. Have not heard anything to the contrary. Still in the computer with the brakes.

Quick Reply: Gt3RS , ceramics no longer available?