Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS parts in.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS parts in.

I just saw my front and rear roll bar sections that came in. I have been told that all of the last RS orders will have the plates. Other than the front and rear cage I wll take delivery stock. I am having the dealership look into the rear window, seats, (HOPE TO BE ABLE TO ORDER WITH DIV STICHING FROM THE FACTORY), and the fire extinguisher. I am pumped for the car. The dealer priniciple really is stoked for the car. He said that a truck on the way to (ALS?) stoped at his dealership and had a RSR, Cup, and a silver RS>. Everyone is on the orange however I love the GREEN>

Jim Huber
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep us posted with those part # s & pics

Originally Posted by jimhuber
I just saw my front and rear roll bar sections that came in. I have been told that all of the last RS orders will have the plates. Other than the front and rear cage I wll take delivery stock. I am having the dealership look into the rear window, seats, (HOPE TO BE ABLE TO ORDER WITH DIV STICHING FROM THE FACTORY), and the fire extinguisher. I am pumped for the car. The dealer priniciple really is stoked for the car. He said that a truck on the way to (ALS?) stoped at his dealership and had a RSR, Cup, and a silver RS>. Everyone is on the orange however I love the GREEN>

Jim Huber
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

his jim... congrats on the car and green is the way to go indeed On the roll bar plates it was my understanding that only the early ones had them?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:06 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by sharkster
his jim... congrats on the car and green is the way to go indeed On the roll bar plates it was my understanding that only the early ones had them?

Thank you for posting the green in the correct light. All of the first photos from the early part of the year and including recent ones have been faded out and look like sun damage. When I ordered my car I ordered black because I did not like the green from photos then the dealer showed me a chip of the color and I was sold %100. The dealer said the silver car that was on a transport had the plates. I do not really care it would just be nice to have them. I hope this car gives me that feeling of O my Gosh this is not Mayberry any more. I enjoy your posts and your pics. Will post part numbers for the cage I did not think to write them down, just to excited I guess. And the carpet sections with the hole from the factory are only a few bucks.

Jim Huber
Old 08-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jim Huber
Congrats Jim, you have a really good reason to be pumped!

...On the roll bar plates it was my understanding that only the early ones had them?
None of the US GT3 RSs (since the day one until the end of the production) were/are not supposed to have the plates.

Those that have them are lucky ones but the factory never intended the US cars to have them.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Congrats Jim. Post pics soon
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

None of the US GT3 RSs (since the day one until the end of the production) were/are not supposed to have the plates.

Those that have them are lucky ones but the factory never intended the US cars to have them.
My RS was built at the end of January and arrived in the US at the end of February. I have the studs in the back.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for posting the green in the correct light. All of the first photos from the early part of the year and including recent ones have been faded out and look like sun damage. When I ordered my car I ordered black because I did not like the green from photos then the dealer showed me a chip of the color and I was sold %100. The dealer said the silver car that was on a transport had the plates. I do not really care it would just be nice to have them. I hope this car gives me that feeling of O my Gosh this is not Mayberry any more. I enjoy your posts and your pics. Will post part numbers for the cage I did not think to write them down, just to excited I guess. And the carpet sections with the hole from the factory are only a few bucks.

Jim Huber
No worries and you must be excited! It was the same for me, I wanted orange at first and then saw one or too pix of the green and changed. Then I started to see more and more pix of the green and the color always looked so washed out.... Anyways, green or not this is one helluva a car!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

Indeed... as I was saying it looks like it was the left-over and early ones from Euro production that got em...
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
My RS was built at the end of January and arrived in the US at the end of February. I have the studs in the back.
Indeed... as I was saying it looks like it was the left-over and early ones from Euro production that got em...
Actually none of the US cars were supposed to have them and also some of the later production cars have them. Same thing with '08s, none of them should have them (and the tubs most certainly are not Cup tubs) but who knows, most likely at least some of them will end up with the plates.

IMO typical Porsche, they always have had this type of differences/mistakes in their cars (between same cars & models).
Old 08-08-2007, 05:08 PM
jimhuber
Racer

I do not think that it matters either way. It can be done just like the factory with the carpet and all for not much money. I just want the front and rear sections because it is so nice. A few pics early in the year from europe with the front cage. I think it was black with orange cage. I can not find the pics. July 27, build date and I do not know when I will have the car.

Jim Huber
Old 08-09-2007, 01:58 AM
RufMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

getting excited Jim...can't wait my man !
Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 AM
adixon
Advanced

Jim,
When you get them in and intsalled.. I'll have to swing over to see them as I am going to try to talk someone into buying the same kit for his...
I am sure it will be stunning!

BTW: are you going to be tracking the car at all? say like in Oct at the FORGELINE track event at Putnm Park held by Dave Schardt?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:42 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by adixon
Jim,
When you get them in and intsalled.. I'll have to swing over to see them as I am going to try to talk someone into buying the same kit for his...
I am sure it will be stunning!

BTW: are you going to be tracking the car at all? say like in Oct at the FORGELINE track event at Putnm Park held by Dave Schardt?

Swing over? Are you in Kentucky? Yes my friend and myself are talking about the event. Stunning? I think this car will kick ***. I am crazy and I ordered every option on the car MSRP of 166K

See you,

Jim Huber

Quick Reply: RS parts in.